Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Stay credit for an Award Stay??? YES!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Like the title says, I had an award stay last week at a Hampton, its been awhile since I last used my pts, but I always remembered getting a Stay credit even @ a Hampton. When I spoke with the Diamond desk they said its always been that we dont earn any pts or a stay Credit. Ae they correct?

For the longest time I always thought HH was the only program where we earned a Stay credit with an award stay , until SPG started doing it last year. I remember earning a few pts as well, usually for a rental car and for my My Way option. But then again as the yrs are passing could be my memory is as well. But I do recall earning several times over the yrs a stay credit even with HI, but its been a few yrs since my last Award stay

tia
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
The Diamond desk is wrong. Call them back and make them fix it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ard-stays.html

Neil
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
You want paragraph 14 under "Accrual of points" at http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html:

14 .Members will not earn points or miles for Reward Stays or hotel stays redeemed with a Marketing Partner's discount/free certificate (e.g. frequent flyer award or travel award), unless otherwise stated on the certificate. But if a Member is using Room Upgrade Rewards, any money spent on the original reservation will earn points consistent with these Terms. Members may earn points (not miles) for incidental charges at a hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges at Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations®, and the Waldorf Astoria hotels. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during a Reward Stay at a Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Home2 Suites by Hilton® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during hotel stays redeemed with a Marketing Partner's discount/free certificate unless otherwise stated on the certificate. For purposes of counting stays and nights for Elite tier qualification (as explained below), Reward Stays will count towards the number of overall stays and nights.
Neil
Old Jan 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80
The Diamond desk is wrong. Call them back and make them fix it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ard-stays.html

Neil
Thanks, in HKG and my laptop kept freezing up in the middle of the call, finally got it credited. 1st 2 DD agents were no way no how, Ive been here for 12 yrs, I said I've been a Diamond longer then that and Always got a Stay credit. 3rd call was transeferred to Guest Services and pointed where it says Credit is earned that guy came back where it says something else but the computer froze and good-bye call. Called back got a very nice woman @ GS and my luck computer froze again good-bye call. Tried GS a 3rd time my Luck I got the same woman agent and she said I was Correct and credited me the Stay something about the Hotel not having my name spelled correcetly.

She did say she will follow up letting the DD make sure its reps understand that we are Suppose to earn both stay/Night credit even thou no Pts or Miles, of cause at a Hotel where we can earn pts for incidentals YMMV if you will earn miles and the reg pts eg My way or car rental
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
asked and answered

closing now.

thanks

squeakr

co Mod HH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.