Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 17, 12, 12:30 pm   #1

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
3 nights in Seoul - Conrad, Millennium Hilton or Intercontinental Parnas?

I have 3 nights in 2 weeks in Seoul. I have ~140k HH points available (can make ~160k if needed) and 85k PC points.

I'd like to stay at least for one night at the Conrad, as it's the newest addition to the chain. The other 2 nights will cost me 70k HH points at the Millennium Hilton, or 80k points at the Intercontinental. Overall, the Intercontinental has better reviews on Tripadvisor, but looks like it's not as well located as the Hilton and perks like breakfast and internet are at risk.

Points-wise, I'd rather spend all PC points, and save the Hilton ones for better redemption rates in the future. I am top-tier with both programs, but Hilton gives better recognition to Diamond.

Any thoughts from the group here?
Old Nov 20, 12, 8:40 pm   #2

Programs: QF WP +LTS, VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond
3 nights in Seoul - Conrad, Millennium Hilton or Intercontinental Parnas?

Went to Seoul last month and stayed at both the IC COEX and Millenium Hilton. HH Diamond and PC nothing status ( now Ambassador Gold)
The IC was superior in every respect. Easy to get to the metro so location not an issue. Large well appointed rooms and nice Club lounge. Millenium Hilton has a beautiful lobby but disinterested staff ( advised that my "upgrade" was to have Exec Lounge Access). Lower floors are not refurbished, it is situated on a hilly street which is a short but very steep walk to the Metro with busy roads to cross. Exec Lounges (2 identical on floors one above the other ) are ok.
I much preferred the IC
YMMV
Princess fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 12, 9:07 pm   #3

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
IC Parnas is the nicest ( other than Conrad which is too new for me to have a review yet )

Location is even better than IC Coex.

I was there in Apr on points x2 nights ( as a Plat Ambassador ) and was upgraded to a Junior Suite though no BF / club was given. Got fruits and internet though.

No BF was not a big deal as there's a Burger King / bakery / Mac / foodcourt, just below IC Parnas in the Coex mall. Its also less than 5mins from lobby to subway.

You won't regret it. ( unless lounge + a buffet BF is that important to you...choose the Hilton )
planetshakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 12, 1:53 am   #4

Programs: BA G, HH D, Accor Plat
Hi CAlex,

To answer your question first: many of the people going in the next few weeks as part of a great BA sale that was on are staying at the IC Parnas, there are some that are staying at the Millennium as well but generally the preference is to stay at the IC or the new Conrad as you mentioned.

If you weren't aware of it...maybe check out this thread to see if anyone will be in Seoul at the same time in case you feel like meeting up with some fellow FT'ers...

70 FT'ers going to Seoul, Korea
Old Nov 21, 12, 2:30 am   #5

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Thanks, this sounds interesting. We'll definitely stay at Conrad one night as I want to check it out, but now I will consider a lot more the IC Parnas. Meeting other FTers would be nice!