Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton at St George's Park, Burton Upon Trent {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton at St George's Park, Burton Upon Trent {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:21 pm

One of my favourite hiltons. Stayed here several times due to family living in Derby and Burton

Still looking to be upgraded to one of the suites though!

Breakfast probably best at any hilton - love the smoothies

As mentioned food good in the bar - we always make the most of having a free kids meal too.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:14 am

I'm currently enjoying a two night stay here.

OLCI moved me from a compact room to a king room - hardly diamond recognition! I called them that evening and they said they had already upgraded me. I said there was a one bedroom suite available and after a few minutes they said I could have it.

The room is massive - the biggest suite I've ever stayed in. My daughter could do 4 cartwheels across the living area!

We are stopping here for the derby County vs new castle match and the Newcastle team are staying here.

A fantastic stay so far
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by roballenby
I'm currently enjoying a two night stay here.

OLCI moved me from a compact room to a king room - hardly diamond recognition! I called them that evening and they said they had already upgraded me. I said there was a one bedroom suite available and after a few minutes they said I could have it.

The room is massive - the biggest suite I've ever stayed in. My daughter could do 4 cartwheels across the living area!

We are stopping here for the derby County vs new castle match and the Newcastle team are staying here.

A fantastic stay so far
Glad you are having a good stay, I love this hotel it's a great weekend retreat but I agree they have become a bit tight on upgrades lately.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Glad you are having a good stay, I love this hotel it's a great weekend retreat but I agree they have become a bit tight on upgrades lately.
I've never got anything about exec before and stayed here 10 times
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:22 am
cjd

Originally Posted by roballenby
I've never got anything about exec before and stayed here 10 times
Have also stayed here quite a few times as Diamond and normally get good upgrades. Have had Presidential Suite quite a few times. On last stay, booked Double Compact room and that was the room we got. Nothing wrong with room - very clean and comfortable. Front desk agent apologised for not upgrading us as hotel was full, which it was. Short wait for breakfast which as usual was very good.

For anyone booking here, be aware that the Double Compact and Twin Compact rooms are in the wing which was originally the Hampton by Hilton part of the joint complex. They scrapped the Hampton part of the hotel about a year after opening and all the rooms became part of the Hilton. However, it does still feel like you're in a Hampton when getting the Compact rooms.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I have a stay here this weekend, no movement or upgrade showing yet. Fingers crossed, as in the past have had some good upgrades.

Last edited by Skimanant; Dec 12, 2016 at 5:46 am
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
[QUOTE=Skimanant;27579552]I have a stay here this weekend, no movement or upgrade showing yet. Fingers crossed, as in the past have had some good upgrades.

Last edited by Skimanant; Dec 12, 2016 at 5:46 am
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Stayed here a couple of weeks back for a single night and would definitely look to return.

Definitely one of the nicest Hilton-brand hotels in the UK.

Booked an Exec room and was hoping for an upgrade (although only Gold). Hotel was completely full above Exec level so nothing available.

Very impressed with the breakfast spread.

Great value considering how cheap the rates can get and decent upgrade chances based on what previous posters have said.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Lawro
Stayed here a couple of weeks back for a single night and would definitely look to return.

Definitely one of the nicest Hilton-brand hotels in the UK.

Booked an Exec room and was hoping for an upgrade (although only Gold). Hotel was completely full above Exec level so nothing available.

Very impressed with the breakfast spread.

Great value considering how cheap the rates can get and decent upgrade chances based on what previous posters have said.
I'm here again 8th April, booked king guest room and hopeful of a suite upgrade, had some great ones in the past, however my last stay was very mediocre, no upgrade ( rooms and suites available) , rude check in desk........ hopefully that was a one off.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by wizla
I'm here again 8th April, booked king guest room and hopeful of a suite upgrade, had some great ones in the past, however my last stay was very mediocre, no upgrade ( rooms and suites available) , rude check in desk........ hopefully that was a one off.
As of my last stay in December, I was told by the duty manager that suites were no longer in the standard upgrade pool. They will upgrade when sold out, but otherwise they are not upgrading in normal circumstances.

A friend who stays there 20+ times a year for work and leisure was told the same as his last suite upgrade was in November. They gave him an upgrade over the Christmas period as a favour to a regular guest and he was given the same information from the manager he spoke to too.

I had some nice suite upgrades here in the past, but for our upcoming stays I am expecting nothing more than Exec rooms.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:52 pm

Interesting about the suites. As far as I know the front desk managers have changed a few times too. Given there are quite a lot of executive rooms, that should be a pretty good chance, but I still cling onto the hope that suites are given to diamonds, and very much appreciate it as a result.

It is a really nice hotel, breakfast can get busy but is one of the best, may it say that way!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:10 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Interesting about the suites. As far as I know the front desk managers have changed a few times too. Given there are quite a lot of executive rooms, that should be a pretty good chance, but I still cling onto the hope that suites are given to diamonds, and very much appreciate it as a result.

It is a really nice hotel, breakfast can get busy but is one of the best, may it say that way!
Agree that it's a very nice hotel and like the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Nice pool and sauna/steam room. Used to frequently get upgraded to suites as Diamond, but have also noticed that the last few times have never been upgraded to a suite. Last time, 2 weeks ago, got upgraded to a King Executive room, even though suites still available to book on the website.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Here now and did OLCI, was offered a suite on every floor, so choose the top (2) as the exec lounge is near by. The suite is a great size, food was decent in the lounge and had a chocolate cake downstairs in the bar.

Will try pool/gym tomorrow but is a decent property so far.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by chanp
Here now and did OLCI, was offered a suite on every floor, so choose the top (2) as the exec lounge is near by. The suite is a great size, food was decent in the lounge and had a chocolate cake downstairs in the bar.

Will try pool/gym tomorrow but is a decent property so far.
You will love the pool area......use the ice shower after sauna, incredibly energising!......the foot spas are pretty cool too.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:04 am

I'm here tomorrow night as part of my road trip, booked king guest room and preupgraded to king executive room on floor 2....... will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.