Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Hilton Lima Miraflores
Ave. La Paz 1099, Miraflores, Lima, 18, Peru
TEL: 51-1-200-8000
HHonors Category 6

Hotel is designated as totally nonsmoking, and is close to both Miraflores and Barranco, as well as the Larcomar area and shopping mall. About 40 minutes to LIM / Jorge Chavez International Airport if there are no traffic jams, the coastal road is often a more traffic-light approach. Near Paseo de la Repblica and cross streets are between Calle 28 de Julio and Calle Manco Capac.

Head Concierge is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. You can e-mail Juan Rolando sing the usual Hiltin e-mail protocols.

Executive Lounge on floor 11 with extended hours, two computer / Internet stations, free WiFi and concierge services, cappuccino / espresso machine. The lobby floor concierges are the best equipped to help you.
  • Breakfast: 6:30-11:00
  • Light lunch: 12:00 - 3:00 pm
  • Afternoon snacks: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
  • Light dinner: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Open bar: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Closing: 10:00 pm
Diamonds have lounge access. Diamonds generally must take breakfast in the lounge; restaurant breakfast is extra unless your rate includes breakfast (award stays do not, even for Diamonds - it's a decent, not stellar, lounge breakfast.

Also on the 11th floor are a horizon pool and two Jacuzzi spas, fitness room.

Rooms equipped with 37" HD televisions behind a black glass wall section and contemporary, stylish furnishings.

Though the property is reasonably soundproof, many Limeos tend to use their horn / hooter to communicate. The lower the floor, the more you'll hear horns, sirens, etc. (10th floor seems to be the highest for rooms).

Facilities include 24 hour room service, a lobby bar (11:00 am -12 midnight) and a restaurant open 6:30 am - 11:00 pm every day.

ATM / cash machine in lobby, small fee for use (~ S/ 14 or so).

Be aware: Room rates incur (28%) taxes, service charges, gratuities or incidental charges. Other restrictions apply.

Complimentary "Premium" WiFi for Diamonds is not very premium. WiFi July 2015 stay: OOkla ping 6 ms, 1.85 mbps down, 2.87 Mbps up, Telefnica de Per. I also experienced unpredictable brief periods of signal strength loss and dropouts in our 5th floor suite near the lifts / elevators; better WiFi in Executive Lounge and Lobby / bar area.

Transport to / from airport: The property can arrange a "Remisse" (chauffeured car) transfer to the hotel 24/7 from the CMV Remisse counter in arrivals at LIM - CMV Taxi Remisse Ejecutivo" (CMV charges the same USD $50 price - Mercedes 200 se car with suited chauffeur) from Domestic and International arrivals, local phones 517-1891 / 517-1892. Green Taxi (reported below) for PEN s/ 50.00 (because "no hay cambio" - there is no change - for a fifty sol bill, otherwise it's 45 ).

DINING plenty of nearby restaurants, even in the same building. Most lunch restaurants open at 12:30, some do not accept reservations. Peruvians usually fill popular places after 1:00 pm, and the restaurants may remain busy 'til 3:00 pm; show up close to 12:30 so you don't have to wait. Usually Chilean and Argentine wines are on offer.

Within the hotel:

Social Restaurant and Bar, upscale, popular at lunch with local businessmen - Lunch always offers a businessman's special on weekdays; the "Almuerzo Ejecutivo" is PEN or /S 49 for two courses with ~6 selections for each, PEN 59 if you add dessert. Open 0630 - 0100 daily, dining room and terrace.

Social Restaurant & Bar features an array of distinctive Peruvian-American fusion flavors, and provides you the opportunity to taste the acclaimed Peruvian national cocktail: Pisco Sour. After a delicious meal, unwind with a refreshing beverage at the bar, which opens onto a terrace at street level, filling the space with natural light and creating a pleasant alfresco atmosphere. The restaurant offers a new concept of four integrated atmospheres, including the dining area, terrace area, bar area, and private dining area.
Lobby Caf, 0630 - 2300 daily.

Beyond:

(down L Paz toward 28 de Julio, out door to right, in order)

Social (hotel restaurant, terrace)

Amaz (Amazon basin cuisine, unique in Lima)

Papachos: (upscale burgers with fusion influences)

Ache: (Japanese and Japan-Peruvian fusion)

Los Cachiche: (Italian and Italo-Peruvian fusion)

to left out hotel door, ~two blocks:

Fiesta: Northern Peruvian cuisine, e.g. Goat stew, northern ceviche version, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}

Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:07 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hilton Lima has an Easter promo for $149. It only has availability on the 11th & 12th April. MVP works making it a sweet $119.

Just floating it out there in case anyone can use it

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Apr 3, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:53 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Great share, Johnny!

I never added anything because our riverboat burned and we had to cancel our plans to Lima and Iquitos - no other boats were available for weeks.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:24 pm

Out of interest has anyone stayed here over the last couple of months? I have a stay coming up in February and I am wondering if the internet is crap
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Out of interest has anyone stayed here over the last couple of months? I have a stay coming up in February and I am wondering if the internet is crap
Originally Posted by akp
Booked a standard room; upgraded to a deluxe room with two queen beds. I was hoping for a suite upgrade but was so worn out when I finally arrived that I did not ask for one.

Lobby, room and lounge are all clean and very nice.

Free wifi is very fast.

<snip>

Anita... .
Never made it in 2013; we were booked for an Amazon boat trip, but the boat burned prior for our departing for Lima. We're trying once again, as the tour company we booked with, after playing some shenanigans in an attempt to escape fault, came up with $4,000 in vouchers for a future trip.

After looking around and reading others' posts, I think we'll try for four nights here before heading to the Amazon.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Never made it in 2013; we were booked for an Amazon boat trip, but the boat burned prior for our departing for Lima. We're trying once again, as the tour company we booked with, after playing some shenanigans in an attempt to escape fault, came up with $4,000 in vouchers for a future trip.

After looking around and reading others' posts, I think we'll try for four nights here before heading to the Amazon.
Thanks JDiver, akp's post was from 2013 before the global internet knobbling. I have not seen anyone post speedtest results of any properties in South America and was just wondering what was happening. I cancelled my visit, not because I was concerned about the internet or feeling flouncy. Something came up, hope to reschedule it soon.

Enjoy the Amazon and Hilton Miraflores if you get there
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC CCR, BAEC Lifetime GGL, Hilton Hhonors Lifetime Diamond
Stayed January 2015 for 5 nights - excellent and very fast internet connection in room, by pool and in executive lounge. Nice property, excellent location, outstanding executive lounge staff. Overall a fantastic stay however marred by a check-in clerk who sought a US Dollar cash "tip" of $125 if I wanted an Executive Floor upgrade. Aside from this great stay - no internet issues.

Last edited by docgasman; Feb 28, 2015 at 8:30 am
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:21 am
Original Poster

And now it's time again. The Delfn II was rebuilt, our trip ex-Nauta begins July 12 and we've got a four night stay at this property booked again.

The 2013 stay was booked on points, and had a 48 hour cancellation clause. As we weren't notified by our agent the boat had burned until we arrived in MIA to overnight and catch our LAN Per flight to Lima, we'd have lost the points if not for a sympathetic General Manager (Laura Castagnini, now Hilton Barra Tijuca).

The current G.M. is Marco Tabet.

I'll finally write my report (with OOkla data) next week. A big gracias! To everyone who has added value to this thread with your experiences with the hotel, transportation and even dining. We're looking forward to benefitting from your assistance. ^

If you're there Weds - Saturday, send a PM; we can heave a Sierra Andina in the bar, at Papachos or in the lounge.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

We arrived and were well received, and assigned a lovely suite on floor 5 (it's very stylish and spacious, but somewhat loud). Everything is nice but the noise: raucous Limeńos hooting at each other throughout the day, punctuated by the occasional car alarm or siren, and barking dogs.

BAR $309, ouch! We're on an award, and our breakfast is restricted to the 11th floor Executive Lounge.

Water is potable throughout the hotel; ice must be ordered from room service (no ice machines).

Our suite has a large, comfortable living room with divan, spacious desk with two task chairs and US and Euro electric outlets and a mini-bar, coffee setup (the latter is free). The bath is very large, with oversize walk-in shower (rain and handheld options), two sinks, plenty of light, Peter Thomas Roth amenities, lots of toweling, etc.

The closet includes an ironing set, large electronic safe, possibly insufficient hangers for a family or longer stay.

The bedroom (king bed) includes a black glass panel with 37" LCD television, some drawers, a chaise, leather lap desk on a drum table, two large bedside tables with iHome clock, plenty of lighting throughout.

Color scheme is off white accented with browns and black finished furnishings.

We ate in today (our flight was delayed because the mechanics had to repair a puncture of the baggage compartment The deal of the stay is the "Almuerzo Ejecutivo" (business lunch), which offers a selection of about six appetizers (the ceviche was mid-size, rather than meal size, and very tasty) and another half dozen main dishes for PEN 49 $1.00=3.18 PEN today). For PEN 59, add dessert - another selection.

This was very good, and with good (huge) Pisco sours to start, sparkling water and a glass of Malbec (they come around with a cart for wines by the glass, are happy to let you taste and to explain the wines to you - our waiter "Peret" was actually quite knowledgeable) the three course lunch and optional tip (service is 10%, IGV was 17%) just at USD $100. We'll have the light supper at the lounge tonight, because that was actually a very nice lunch.

Lounge: two Internet computers, one local newspaper and one four page broadsheet distilling Latin American news from Agence France-Presse, two large flatscreen televisions (one off, the other FOX news when we were there). Much better WiFi signal than in our suite.

Breakfast: fruits (muskmelon, papaya, pineapple, watermelon, red grapes and papaya), juices, yoghurt cups (local with varied fillings daily), breads (mini-buns, mini-croissants, mini-Danish, de-crusted white and whole meal for toasting), package cereals, some form of eggs or omelet and accompaniments (e.g. pancakes, hum it's, potato mix, etc.) and use of espresso / cappuccino machine, sparkling and flat waters, soft drinks).

Lunch: today, accompaniments plus quinoa soup, ossobucco bourguignon, chicken thighs in sauce of red fruits. Next day, lomo saltado (beef), vegetables sauted, lamb chops... Very extensive light lunch!

Dinner: chicken thighs in sauce, ... I saw families who ate here 2-3 x per day.

Good lunch and supper options!

Social bar offers good ceviche starter (really small dinner) and large, delicious Pisco sours (truly lousy monitors, though) and a happy hour 6 to 10 pm that brings some prices down nicely.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 10, 2015 at 7:21 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:41 am

Everything is nice but the noise: raucous Limeńos hooting at each other throughout the day, punctuated by the occasional car alarm or siren.
Well, that's certainly a better situation than I gathered in my first quick read, which had the Limeńos shooting at each other.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Well, that's certainly a better situation than I gathered in my first quick read, which had the Limeńos shooting at each other.
ROFL!

No, I am hearing the hooting / horns of impatient Limeos, dogs barking, occasional sirens. I'd suspect some would say it's not loud, and it's our living room that fronts the busier street - the bedroom is somewhat quieter. Honestly, I feel I cansay Limeos are obsessed with crawl arms, and the go on 2/7 (which means they're so ubiquitous nobody gives

At least it's not the Jos Antonio, the first hotel we stayed in Miraflores (years ago, about four blocks away), where the windows are louvered jealousies - which have no way of excluding street noise.

I can't imagine people more obsessed with auto alarms than Limeńos, and these ubiquitous noisemakers go off 24/7. Which means nobody gives a horse's patoot and they're pretty useless. You can hear them all in the Hilton. Ditto horns / hooters; only the Mexico City Chilangos and Cairenes seem to use them more often to express, and they're very audible on, say, the fifth floor. Even the lined drapes don't do much to eliminate or attenuate the noise.

Thank goodness for my ear plugs!

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 10, 2015 at 7:13 pm Reason: Add after second night
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Need a two night stay in Lima early September. I'm going back and forth between this Hilton and the Doubletree. DT is ~$40 a night less, but I was thinking of springing for the Hilton since it has an exec lounge I'll access, and it's a trip to Peru for my Mom and I so I want things to be nice (especially since we had to nix our last planned trip to Egypt and I had to go solo).

Any thoughts/comparisons?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
I'm going to do a mileage run to LIM in December and instead of doing a turn like last year was thinking of spending a day or two in Lima. Was going to do Hyatt but the rates here are a lot cheaper.

I had a couple questions.

Is the staff fluent in English? I only know a few words in Spanish and not enough to hold a conversation with a hotel desk clerk.

Is it walking distance of tourist stuff and restaurants with English menus?

How far is the taxi ride and is it hard to find a taxi late at night (my flight will leave at 1 a.m. so I won't be leaving until late). I normally do Uber but not sure if they are in LIM and even if they are I am scared I won't get a driver who understands English.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds

I had a couple questions.

Is the staff fluent in English? I only know a few words in Spanish and not enough to hold a conversation with a hotel desk clerk. -- Staff speaks English, no problems there.

Is it walking distance of tourist stuff and restaurants with English menus? -- Yes, you're very close to the tourist area...many choices.

How far is the taxi ride and is it hard to find a taxi late at night (my flight will leave at 1 a.m. so I won't be leaving until late). I normally do Uber but not sure if they are in LIM and even if they are I am scared I won't get a driver who understands English. -- Neither will speak English that well, go with Uber, as the airport is a well known destination; no need to talk to either driver. Drive will take about 25 minutes + or -
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I agree with fozziedoggie's responses above... and realized that I completely forgot to post my experience from here last month. Full TR can be found in the TR forum...

Hilton Lima Miraflores

For this one I was flipping between the Hilton and the Doubletree. The Hilton was ~$40 more a night, but still a good price during Hilton’s big sale this summer, so I went with that for the lounge access and it looked like a nicer property and I wasn’t disappointed. I was upgraded to a room on the 9th floor which is one of the Executive floors (unsure the difference between regular rooms).

Our room

Executive Lounge (11th floor)

I took breakfast in the lounge each day and it was pretty good. 3-4 hot items each day (eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc). The open bar from 6-9 was also pretty solid. 1 beer option, but a good liquor selection. They had Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire, Chivas Regal, and a couple other options.

Traffic back to the airport was pretty heavy at about 4-5pm, as it took us an hour. The fare was surprisingly low though. The hotel bellhop called us a radio taxi, which he said would be a max of S/50 as they have lowered their rates to compete with Uber. Our fare wound by being only S/33, or about $11.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I took breakfast in the lounge each day and it was pretty good.
I wish we had. The restaurant breakfast was quite poor. Shown to a table and wait. And wait. And wait. Finally somebody comes up and offers half a glass of orange juice - no self service option. Where's the breakfast buffet? It's on the trolley below. This was wheeled around and you get to pick a couple of items off it. The rest of the breakfast choices were from the a la carte menu so pick wisely, as you're only getting something once. Want a cooked breakfast and waffles? This is not the place for you as I was told there was only one choice.

DSC_3083 by Steve, on Flickr

For reference, the waffles were good.

DSC_3084 by Steve, on Flickr

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.