Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Lima Miraflores

Hilton Lima Miraflores
Ave. La Paz 1099, Miraflores, Lima, 18, Peru
TEL: 51-1-200-8000
HHonors Category 6

Hotel is designated as totally nonsmoking, and is close to both Miraflores and Barranco, as well as the Larcomar area and shopping mall. About 40 minutes to LIM / Jorge Chavez International Airport if there are no traffic jams, the coastal road is often a more traffic-light approach. Near Paseo de la República and cross streets are between Calle 28 de Julio and Calle Manco Capac.

Head Concierge is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. You can e-mail Juan Rolando sing the usual Hiltin e-mail protocols.

Executive Lounge on floor 11 with extended hours, two computer / Internet stations, free WiFi and concierge services, cappuccino / espresso machine. The lobby floor concierges are the best equipped to help you.
  • Breakfast: 6:30-11:00
  • Light lunch: 12:00 - 3:00 pm
  • Afternoon snacks: 3:00 - 6:00 pm
  • Light dinner: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Open bar: 6:00 - 9:00 pm
  • Closing: 10:00 pm
Diamonds have lounge access. Diamonds generally must take breakfast in the lounge; restaurant breakfast is extra unless your rate includes breakfast (award stays do not, even for Diamonds - it's a decent, not stellar, lounge breakfast.

Also on the 11th floor are a horizon pool and two Jacuzzi spas, fitness room.

Rooms equipped with 37" HD televisions behind a black glass wall section and contemporary, stylish furnishings.

Though the property is reasonably soundproof, many Limeńos tend to use their horn / hooter to communicate. The lower the floor, the more you'll hear horns, sirens, etc. (10th floor seems to be the highest for rooms).

Facilities include 24 hour room service, a lobby bar (11:00 am -12 midnight) and a restaurant open 6:30 am - 11:00 pm every day.

ATM / cash machine in lobby, small fee for use (~ S/ 14 or so).

Be aware: Room rates incur (28%) taxes, service charges, gratuities or incidental charges. Other restrictions apply.

Complimentary "Premium" WiFi for Diamonds is not very premium. WiFi July 2015 stay: OOkla ping 6 ms, 1.85 mbps down, 2.87 Mbps up, Telefónica de Perú. I also experienced unpredictable brief periods of signal strength loss and dropouts in our 5th floor suite near the lifts / elevators; better WiFi in Executive Lounge and Lobby / bar area.

Transport to / from airport: The property can arrange a "Remisse" (chauffeured car) transfer to the hotel 24/7 from the CMV Remisse counter in arrivals at LIM - CMV Taxi Remisse Ejecutivo" (CMV charges the same USD $50 price - Mercedes 200 se car with suited chauffeur) from Domestic and International arrivals, local phones 517-1891 / 517-1892. Green Taxi (reported below) for PEN s/ 50.00 (because "no hay cambio" - there is no change - for a fifty sol bill, otherwise it's 45 ).

DINING plenty of nearby restaurants, even in the same building. Most lunch restaurants open at 12:30, some do not accept reservations. Peruvians usually fill popular places after 1:00 pm, and the restaurants may remain busy 'til 3:00 pm; show up close to 12:30 so you don't have to wait. Usually Chilean and Argentine wines are on offer.

Within the hotel:

Social Restaurant and Bar, upscale, popular at lunch with local businessmen - Lunch always offers a businessman's special on weekdays; the "Almuerzo Ejecutivo" is PEN or /S 49 for two courses with ~6 selections for each, PEN 59 if you add dessert. Open 0630 - 0100 daily, dining room and terrace.

Social Restaurant & Bar features an array of distinctive Peruvian-American fusion flavors, and provides you the opportunity to taste the acclaimed Peruvian national cocktail: Pisco Sour. After a delicious meal, unwind with a refreshing beverage at the bar, which opens onto a terrace at street level, filling the space with natural light and creating a pleasant alfresco atmosphere. The restaurant offers a new concept of four integrated atmospheres, including the dining area, terrace area, bar area, and private dining area.
Lobby Café, 0630 - 2300 daily.

Beyond:

(down Lá Paz toward 28 de Julio, out door to right, in order)

Social (hotel restaurant, terrace)

Amaz (Amazon basin cuisine, unique in Lima)

Papachos: (upscale burgers with fusion influences)

Ache: (Japanese and Japan-Peruvian fusion)

Los Cachiche: (Italian and Italo-Peruvian fusion)

to left out hotel door, ~two blocks:

Fiesta: Northern Peruvian cuisine, e.g. Goat stew, northern ceviche version, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hilton Lima Miraflores {PER}

Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by JohanSlam
The taxi green tariff should have been a fixed PEN45. It has been this rate for at least the last 3 years. There is a price list just to the right of the desk which lists the tariffs in soles and dollars.
I'm back in Lima for a few days. On arrival for this visit, a nicely dressed man that was associated with Taxi Green again greeted me with an inquiry about where I was headed. After I replied with the name of my hotel in Miraflores, he said "55 soles."

Only this time, I knew better: I replied to the man, "But the sign says 45 soles!" and he quickly relented.

It was then that I realized what probably happened the first time: The Taxi Green man had positioned himself directly in front of the rather large-print list of destinations and prices -- so much so that I had to peer around him to view it. There are two sets of fixed prices, one for a regular taxi and another for a van. The man quoted me the price for a van, which, given that I travel alone and have only hand luggage, was an unnecessary upsell. Can't believe that I fell for that one.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I'm scheduled to stay here for a few nights early in 2014 -- looking forward to it as a Diamond!

Has anyone taken Hilton up on their shuttle / taxi from the airport? Any ideas what they're charging?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I stayed here twice last year and was not impressed with the facilities.

I would at least look at the new Hilton which is closer to the ocean.

My tour guide also provides airport shuttle service - try peruvian friend on Trip
Advisor.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
My wife and I just completed a one night stay at the Hilton Miraflores. We were very impressed and I highly recommend the hotel.

As a Hilton Diamond, I got an upgrade to a very nice suite. The hotel's lobby is nothing very special, but it's pleasant enough. Nice executive lounge with some complimentary drinks and light meals upstairs. We left too early to check breakfast before departing to the airport for our flight home. The pool outside the lounge looks like a good place to hang out, weather permitting; but again, we were there too short a time to see.

Good location in Miraflores, including walking distance from the Larcomar outdoor shopping/restaurant mall. I'm not big on shopping, but the mall's location high on the cliffs affords good views from the restaurants perched there.

Hotel has a nice, modern feel to it, especially in our suite. Can't comment on regular rooms.

What really impressed, though, was the staff, particularly the concierge desk. The head concierge, Juan, was extremely helpful in many ways, not least arranging for us to store most of our luggage at the hotel during our four-hour stopover in Peru en route from Cuzco (arriving in Lima by air) to Paracas (to which we took the bus). Very prompt, efficient communications regarding this and other matters such as restaurant reservations. Bell staff and others very good as well.

The hotel can arrange various transportation options ranging from its own vehicles to private car companies to public taxi companies, depending on your price preferences.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:01 pm

I have Gold status. I have a reservation for the regular room. I thought I will have access to the Executive lounge, but reading from the posts here, looks like I won't have access to the executive lounge. If I pay the extra $ to upgrade to their deluxe room, can I still get upgraded to an Executive lounge floor upon check-in?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Gini1234
I have Gold status. I have a reservation for the regular room. I thought I will have access to the Executive lounge, but reading from the posts here, looks like I won't have access to the executive lounge. If I pay the extra $ to upgrade to their deluxe room, can I still get upgraded to an Executive lounge floor upon check-in?
To clarify the discussion above, we HH Golds normally have access to the Executive Lounge only if we are upgraded to (or reserve) a room on one of the Executive Floors. You can still get upgraded to an Executive Floor room from a regular room. (I have no idea whether paying extra for a Deluxe Room will improve your chances of an upgrade to an Executive Floor room.)
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by mikew99
To clarify the discussion above, we HH Golds normally have access to the Executive Lounge only if we are upgraded to (or reserve) a room on one of the Executive Floors. You can still get upgraded to an Executive Floor room from a regular room. (I have no idea whether paying extra for a Deluxe Room will improve your chances of an upgrade to an Executive Floor room.)
Thanks!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Gini1234
When will you be there? Would like to know what your experiences are. Will be there in a week myself.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:57 am

I just checked in and have some info that will be useful for others:

Upgrades:
Diamonds - Suite upgrades w/ lounge accesss
Golds - One category upgrade. So if you want lounge access, you need to book a deluxe room. I used C+P on this stay,so am paying an addt'l $20 USD.

Transportation:
From the airport:
Green Taxi - 45 Soles one-way
Hotel Limo (third party) - 135 Soles each way

To the airport:
Regular Taxi - 45-50 Soles one-way, according to the bellman
Hotel Limo (third party) - 135 Soles each way

Will let you know how the lounge looks like and what they have.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I just checked in and have some info that will be useful for others:

Upgrades:
Diamonds - Suite upgrades w/ lounge accesss
Golds - One category upgrade. So if you want lounge access, you need to book a deluxe room. I used C+P on this stay,so am paying an addt'l $20 USD.
On my points stay back in April, I was upgraded (as a Gold) to the Executive Lounge floor from a Standard Room -- but maybe I just got lucky.

I will be back at this Hilton on Thursday on a paid stay, also in a Standard Room. Can you let me know where you obtained this info about the upgrade policy?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:33 am

On my points stay back in April, I was upgraded (as a Gold) to the Executive Lounge floor from a Standard Room -- but maybe I just got lucky.

I will be back at this Hilton on Thursday on a paid stay, also in a Standard Room. Can you let me know where you obtained this info about the upgrade policy?
Got the info from a Reservations Agent at the property. I spoke to her via e-mail, while inquiring about their upgrade policy. I then confirmed this at the FD last night.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Got the info from a Reservations Agent at the property. I spoke to her via e-mail, while inquiring about their upgrade policy. I then confirmed this at the FD last night.
Thanks! Based on your report, I'm thinking about paying a little extra for a Deluxe Room. At least, that should guarantee me a room on a higher floor.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:49 am

Thanks! Based on your report, I'm thinking about paying a little extra for a Deluxe Room. At least, that should guarantee me a room on a higher floor.
No problem! Yeah, I recommend paying a little extra for a Deluxe Room, if you want access to the lounge. I figured the extra $20 was worth it since I can use the lounge until I leave to the airport at 10PM.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Hey folks. Just got back from a nice stay at the Hilton Miraflores. Upgraded to club floor room as Diamond. The upgrade was a little disappointing, but the hotel was excellent. Be sure to try Papachos just down the street (same building) for some excellent hamburguesas.

Full review here:
http://thepointsninja.blogspot.com/2...es-review.html
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I also had just a one-night stay here after exploring Cusco, Ollantaytambo, MP, and Trujillo. Overall I was very impressed. The room itself was nice, nothing exceptional, although I liked the wood flooring. A very spacious bathroom. Our view was towards the city, not the coast, so nothing very interesting.
We arrived mid afternoon and the EL still had a beef stir-fry and braised trout!
At the formal 'evening' hours those items were replaced by cooked chunks of tenderloin in a white gravy and pieces of chicken breast with mozzarella in a red sauce. Free liquor, the attendant even prepared me a variation of a pisco sour. Very nice bite-sized desserts.
We were told we could have breakfast either at the El or in the restaurant downstairs. Since we had to leave before the EL opened in the morning, I asked what else might be available and I was nicely surprised with 2 breakfast-to-to bags, which had a piece of fruit, a yogurt, a granola bar, a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, and a ham and cheese sandwich- waiting for us when we checked out at the front desk.

While certainly not close to the airport or the historic downtown area, at least it is centrally located for all the Miraflores activities.
As a Diamond I was treated very well and would recommend this hotel. I just wish a lot of Hiltons in the US would follow their lead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.