Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Probably your mistake. You should have booked standard room (which are very nice) and you most likely would have gotten an upgrade to Lounge access. Plus I am confused because you did get an upgrade from your Executive Room (booked) so that must have been an Executive Plus which by your own description was Fabulous. Awful that you had to wait until 6pm to get it but probably plenty of Gold who would have loved to have it.

I like the Executive Plus Room (of which there are very few) better then some of the suites which are a little cut up for my taste.

I don't doubt your 80-120 nights but Hilton is certainly not getting a majority of them which is why you are just Gold. If they were getting 1/2 your business or even 1/4 in stays you would be a Diamond and have a right to some of your expectations.

Last edited by kapkap46; Dec 6, 2014 at 5:49 am
Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by kapkap46
Probably your mistake. You should have booked standard room (which are very nice) and you most likely would have gotten an upgrade to Lounge access. Plus I am confused because you did get an upgrade from your Executive Room (booked) so that must have been an Executive Plus which by your own description was Fabulous. Awful that you had to wait until 6pm to get it but probably plenty of Gold who would have loved to have it.

I like the Executive Plus Room (of which there are very few) better then some of the suites which are a little cut up for my taste.

I don't doubt your 80-120 nights but Hilton is certainly not getting a majority of them which is why you are just Gold. If they were getting 1/2 your business or even 1/4 in stays you would be a Diamond and have a right to some of your expectations.
True, I did get an upgrade to an executive plus room (after I asked for it, like I said before), which was indeed very nice, we loved the room!
Also true that I should have known better (as the Conrad and the other Hilton assured me an upgrade to an executive room by booking a standard room as a Gold, but as we just wanted a more contemporary looking hotel, we choose the Sukhumvit instead).

The reason that I don't stay in Hiltons often is that their hotels are really crap in the destinations that I visit often (Brussels, Düsseldorf, Cologne...) while the Radisson and Hyatt hotels are very good in those cities. (This will change in the future as Hilton is planning new hotels in Brussels).
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
The BTS walkway link to Emporium might be open again. Last night there was a red carpet and gala party of hi-so at a new ramp which connects the two structures at the northwest area of the mall. Also the Soi 24 entrance to Emporium appears to be open.

If time i'll check it out today.

The resumption of this connection would be a boon when needing to lug bags to BTS
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:59 pm

Great news. Just in time for my arrival on the 21st.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dsquared37

The resumption of this connection would be a boon when needing to lug bags to BTS

How so? Where would you enter the BTS now? Walk down the street to Sukhumvit, turn into Emporium, take elevator up to BTS?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 3:13 pm

No once everything is completed you can enter the Emporium on Soi 24 rather then needing to walk to Sukhumvit and take elevator up and walk directly onto BTS platform.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jphripjah
How so? Where would you enter the BTS now? Walk down the street to Sukhumvit, turn into Emporium, take elevator up to BTS?
No once everything is completed you can enter the Emporium on Soi 24 rather then needing to walk to Sukhumvit and take elevator up and walk directly onto BTS platform.
They have elevators? I've always taken the escalator.

OK, walked into the Soi 24 entrance yesterday at 7:30PM on my way out and was confronted with hordes of hi-so and cameras and handlers and announcements etc. I didn't even get to the escalator before I decided it was too much to bear.

Will try again today.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:29 pm

I meant to say escalators but they do have elevators somewhere?? hehe
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it's a pretty easy transition, as it had been previously, though the Soi 24 entrance was moved 10m south (inconsequential) and the BTS skywalk connection is now 50m to the west. Still takes away the necessity of stairs but it's a bit longer of a walk now.

It appears they're building out a new connection where the old one used to be but I can't be sure of that at the moment.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:55 pm

I went there last night and stumbled upon the BTS entrance after entering on Soi 24. But I have no idea how to repeat my steps .

Floors and directions would be much appreciated.

Meanwhile the snacks last night seemed to be improved a little more by adding a salad bar. Need to add the same cheese and cold cuts they had at breakfast this morning to make it perfect.

Breakfast in the Lounge continues to improve IMHO. Nice selection of salmon, cheese , salami etc to go along with a small salad bar.

Many different kinds of bread and lots of choices for cereal and yoghurt.

Maybe Scalini is better for Asian choices but not much for Westerners that is not now offered in the Lounge. I still think the quality of the Bacon is poor but seems to be endemic to most Bangkok Hotels. I get better quality bacon in 7/11 and micro waved.

Lounge was fairly busy last night although I don't think the Hotel is that busy.

I cannot comment on the Liquors, Wines etc offered because I rarely drink.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went there last night and stumbled upon the BTS entrance after entering on Soi 24. But I have no idea how to repeat my steps .

Floors and directions would be much appreciated.

Meanwhile the snacks last night seemed to be improved a little more by adding a salad bar. Need to add the same cheese and cold cuts they had at breakfast this morning to make it perfect.

Breakfast in the Lounge continues to improve IMHO. Nice selection of salmon, cheese , salami etc to go along with a small salad bar.

Many different kinds of bread and lots of choices for cereal and yoghurt.

Maybe Scalini is better for Asian choices but not much for Westerners that is not now offered in the Lounge. I still think the quality of the Bacon is poor but seems to be endemic to most Bangkok Hotels. I get better quality bacon in 7/11 and micro waved.

Lounge was fairly busy last night although I don't think the Hotel is that busy.

I cannot comment on the Liquors, Wines etc offered because I rarely drink.
If you head in the Soi 24 entrance walk straight ahead and go past the escalator set in front of you. Wind your way straight and to the right until you get to the escalator set near the northwest entrance and head to the second floor.

I was also in the lounge last night but spent most of my time on the balcony. Save those times when coming in to pour drinks. Early on there were lots of people fiending on sparkling wine. It looked like multiple bottle had been put down prior to my arrival.

The sate was ok but dry. Can't remember what the other hot dish was. Cheeese was still centered on cream cheese an odd choice for evening snacks. Other than a few sticks of sate I skipped the food in anticipation of dinner.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Checked in last night. Asked if breakfast was included in the restaurant or only in the lounge and was told in the lounge only. Upgrade was to executive room only, not exec plus.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:59 am

As a Westerner I saw no reason to ask about breakfast in Scalini. The continued improvement of Breakfast in the Lounge makes that a much less hectic place to have breakfast with everything that Scalini offers.

Maybe some Asian customers would find better offering at Scalini but I can't speak to that.

I did not feel that way 6 months ago on my first stay where I had the choice as a Diamond . But after 5 more stays I see no reason to care !
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by quickcanuck
Just finishing a week long stay at this hotel and overall we had a very good experience. I'm HH Gold and received lounge access. Breakfast at the lounge was more than satisfactory, with cooked to order eggs / omelettes, good selection of fruits and cereals and oriental hot breakfast items. The only underwhelming section was in fresh rolls and cold cuts for those who prefer a European style - the buns were awful and the cold cuts were cheap mortadella and some tasteless cheese. Nice expresso DIY machine.

The afternoon tea was OK, some small slices of bread with toppings, and some small squares of cake. The evening session was very popular, with all tables occupied many nights. The hot snack items were OK to go with a drink - meatballs, spring rolls, quiche, etc. The wine was quite drinkable, and given the high price of wine in many Asian countries this was easily the best benefit of the lounge.

We found the standard room very comfortable and did not lack for anything. Would go back anytime - but first we are moving to try a few days at the Conrad.
Thanks a lot.
How is the cakes/croissant/muffins selection (if any) in the lounge?

I am Gold, I plan to book on C+P a standard room and hope in an upgrade. How many chances do I have?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I know for a fact that the other Hilton properties in Bangkok have the policy to upgrade their Hhonors Gold members from a standard room without breakfast to at least an executive room
Which hotel do that?
Just asking as I plan a 4/5 nights in BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.