Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Where did you spend your Citi Reserve free night certificate?

Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards

Going to use mine at Conrad Singapore.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Using one night at the WA Chicago, not sure where I'll be using the other yet.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I want to use mine at the Waldorf New Orleans...but...I can't find them! It's a month since I hit the spend limit, and a few days since my bill cycled. How long did it take you to get it after that, and how did you get it? After three calls to Citi I was told "it will be mailed to you in 6-8 weeks.

Last edited by orca15; Oct 13, 2012 at 3:52 pm
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

The checks in the mail....I swear.

Just finished a phone call with CitiBank regarding the status of my certs. FWIW, the supervisor told me they (CitiBank) have been aware of a glitch preventing transmission of certificates since October 10. They are now telling me that my certificates will arrive via HHonors e-mail in approximately 6-8 from my statement close (10/17/12), despite the fact that the HHonors/CitiBank web-site indicates it's from time spend threshold is met:

Weekend night certificate (s) is (are) earned after purchase requirements have been met with the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card.

Please allow 6-8 weeks after purchase requirements have been met to receive your certificate.

Sheesh...What a way to run a business!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
THe trafalgar in London or the Bentley in Miami. If Hilton takes much longer in issuing these certificates I'll use them next new years at the DT times square (as slow as Hilton is in getting these issued it will be 2013 till I receive mine LOL)
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Just finished a phone call with CitiBank regarding the status of my certs. FWIW, the supervisor told me they (CitiBank) have been aware of a glitch preventing transmission of certificates since October 10. They are now telling me that my certificates will arrive via HHonors e-mail in approximately 6-8 from my statement close (10/17/12), despite the fact that the HHonors/CitiBank web-site indicates it's from time spend threshold is met:

Weekend night certificate (s) is (are) earned after purchase requirements have been met with the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card.

Please allow 6-8 weeks after purchase requirements have been met to receive your certificate.

Sheesh...What a way to run a business!
It's been a LOT longer than 10/10 for this "glitch" My first statement closed on 8/20 and I had already met the minimum spend by then and still NOTHING. I have placed a couple calls to Citi and the Diamond desk. It has been confirmed by both Citi and the diamond desk Citi sent the info over around 8/22 but Hilton is claiming there is some sort of transmission file. I would recomend everyone who hasn't received these yet to call Hilton and complain. The more complaints they receive the faster they will resolve this. I also sent an email to the diamond desk this morning complaining but haven't heard back.

There are others on the thread for this card that haven't received their certificates yet either. Seeing my purchase requirement was met in mid-August and that statement closed 8/20 it is welel past the deadline.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Duplicate
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The more complaints they receive the faster they will resolve this. I also sent an email to the diamond desk this morning complaining but haven't heard back.
Just finished sending off my complaint letter to Hilton Corporate...let you know if I receive any response. ^
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Received my e-certs last week, booked two nights at Conrad Singapore for early 2013 ^
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Received my e-certs last week, booked two nights at Conrad Singapore for early 2013 ^
That hotel is only cat 6. In other words, your settled two FN certificates for 80K points. Ideally, you may max out in an exchange for 160K points, e.g., W=A Grand Wailea in summer weekends.

I know this is always a personal choice but just want to bring more thoughts on your table.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lewende
That hotel is only cat 6. In other words, your settled two FN certificates for 80K points. Ideally, you may max out in an exchange for 160K points, e.g., W=A Grand Wailea in summer weekends.

I know this is always a personal choice but just want to bring more thoughts on your table.
I know, I know...but I couldn't convince my other half to go to Conrad Tokyo. My other trips next year have already been paid for via AmEx AXON award, so my only choice was to use the certs for SIN. Good thing is you can cancel the certs and re-book...so I'm still trying to persuade for Tokyo or the brand new Conrad Seoul.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bentley Miami. GREAT use of the certs since room rates are $1,499 a night. It took over 2 months to get the certificates and the diamond desk managed to get the certificates accepted those two nights.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:37 pm

Once I get mine, I'm not really sure where and when I'm going to use it. I wish Hilton had more Caribbean properties. Florida may always be an option. Bentley Miami would be nice, but if I want to say more than two nights I'd have to go elsewhere

Last edited by AnthonyF1227; Nov 8, 2012 at 12:51 pm
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:35 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I also used mine for the Hilton Bentley in South Beach. Had a great stay-- was upgraded to one of the partial ocean view rooms w/ balcony.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
My dilemna

I've got the 2 certificates for weekend night stays. I also have 2 certificates (from another source) for 1 free night anywhere. I've got enough *wood points leftover for 2 nights and some Hyatt points for another night.

I'm struggling where to go!!! It would be next Spring (April or May). I've got enough FF miles on Delta to get anywhere (provided I can find flights).

Does anyone know of a fun area to go where I could cobble together a week's vacation using all my resources???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.