Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Where did you spend your Citi Reserve free night certificate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did you spend your Citi Reserve free night certificate?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Ross0
anyone have any experience/advice here?

I have a reward cert reservation for a stay this weekend but I need to push the reservation to next week instead. Problem is the reward cert expires Monday. Am I SOL?

Thanks
I had both a Hilton and Hyatt award cert (both renewal) expiring about the same time. Hyatt was willing to extend by a month but not Hilton. Not sure if Hilton has a fixed policy or if i was unlucky or not persistent enough.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:12 pm

Several people up thread mentioned that if they cancel their certificates that they get converted to points. Is that true? If that is the case, then at what rate? For example if it is a Cat 10 hotel and peak time, would they give you 95,000 points? I imagine that is not the case... does anyone have experience with that?

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Several people up thread mentioned that if they cancel their certificates that they get converted to points. Is that true? If that is the case, then at what rate? For example if it is a Cat 10 hotel and peak time, would they give you 95,000 points? I imagine that is not the case... does anyone have experience with that?

Cheers,

PedroNY
I would be interested to know this as well. I had to cancel a night (travel delay) and was told the cert is back on file with the same expiration date.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:52 pm

No, I cancelled my cert stay twice and both times it went back to be a cert with the same expiry date. Probably confusion because when you use it, it shows up in your account as a reservation using points, but the certs are never really points.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
I just booked the Boulders in Scottsdale, AZ for the first weekend in February next year (weekend after the Super Bowl) with my two certificates. Never been to Phoenix, looking forward to it.

Now I just need to find a cheap Hilton near the airport for Thursday night. Any advice? The lowest price I can find right now is $129 for a Hampton. Will prices drop as the date gets closer?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
No, I cancelled my cert stay twice and both times it went back to be a cert with the same expiry date. Probably confusion because when you use it, it shows up in your account as a reservation using points, but the certs are never really points.
Thank you for your response.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Set to use my one annual free night cert at Hilton Santa Fe, NM. ^

Edit: Change of plans, using it at the Beverly Hilton...will check out the progress of the adjacent WA set to open in 2017.

Last edited by fozziedoggie; Nov 16, 2014 at 9:46 am
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Received HH points back for cert

So this may be unique to my stay, but redeemed my two night for Embassy on South Carolina beach couple of month ago. Due to some issues we had at the hotel, the front desk manager said (after talking with HH) the certs could not be reclaimed. Instead he said they were valued at 50k points each, which to me is way to low. Regardless, he processed a 'service recovery' and I got back 100k points for the stay, but lost the certs.

Wasn't a big deal as the certs were about to expire and I couldn't have redeemed them somewhere with a high dollar value in time.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Hilton Bentley Miami Beach, Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm and (upcoming during Christmas week) Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. For the Palm, I was somehow able to book a premium room reward which usually goes for 163,401 points, and I made the booking prior to the 12-month expiration but stayed a month after the cert should have expired.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Set to use annual free night at the Waldorf Astoria, Casa Marina in Key West. Staying 2 nights, so it somewhat lessened the pain of paying 80,000 points the other night (which beat paying $600+for the room).
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Going to use one this year at the Boca Beach Club when the rate was $999 a night.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:55 am

Anyone know if you see the room available to book on Hilton website with HHonor Points if that means it is available to be booked with the free night certificate when your ready to call them? thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Originally Posted by phiota
Anyone know if you see the room available to book on Hilton website with HHonor Points if that means it is available to be booked with the free night certificate when your ready to call them? thanks.
It needs to be a standard room reward that is available.
Premium room reward rooms don't count as they generally can't be used with these free night certificates.

But if there is a standard room rewards available on hilton.com it should be bookable with your certificate.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by phiota
If a standard room shows up, you should be able to book it, you have to call Hilton though the certificates can't be booked online.

Last year I was able to call the diamond desk when only premium rooms were available and use the certificate but it's really a YMMV situation and depends on the property
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
I used my sign-up certs at the new Conrad St James in London for Oct. As Gold, I was upgraded 1 level from Superior (their standard) to a x-large King Deluxe room. Great location with the underground station across the street. About £350/night, pretty dang good value.

I tried booking a Thursday/Friday as it had worked for other people in 2013/early 2014, but the CS tried and even got her supervisor on, but it only worked for Fri, Sat or Sundays. Guess they fixed it. CS also had to book the days one at a time, but the hotel merged them together by the time I checked-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.