Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Where did you spend your Citi Reserve free night certificate?

Where did you spend your Citi Reserve free night certificate?

Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by slidergirl
I've got the 2 certificates for weekend night stays. I also have 2 certificates (from another source) for 1 free night anywhere. I've got enough *wood points leftover for 2 nights and some Hyatt points for another night.

I'm struggling where to go!!! It would be next Spring (April or May). I've got enough FF miles on Delta to get anywhere (provided I can find flights).

Does anyone know of a fun area to go where I could cobble together a week's vacation using all my resources???
I know a great place!

Park City, UT...where has top notch properties like W=A, St. Regis and Hyatt all in the same town! What's even better, SLC is the hub of DL so that you may redeem your DL miles effortlessly...

All right, just tried to give you a hard time...now this is really what I would do in your shoes:

Spend a week in Kauai and Maui. In Maui use your 3 FN certificates at W=A Grand Wailea; in Kauai redeem your *wood points for St. Regis and Hyatt points for Grand Hyatt Kauai. These are my top picks for all these chains in Hawaii. Now the real challenge would be to redeem your skypesos to actually go there...at a reasonable rate...
Old Nov 9, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by slidergirl
I've got the 2 certificates for weekend night stays. I also have 2 certificates (from another source) for 1 free night anywhere. I've got enough *wood points leftover for 2 nights and some Hyatt points for another night.

I'm struggling where to go!!! It would be next Spring (April or May). I've got enough FF miles on Delta to get anywhere (provided I can find flights).

Does anyone know of a fun area to go where I could cobble together a week's vacation using all my resources???
If you have a whole week visit 2 or 3 countries in Europe. You'll have to pack up a few times on the trip anyway since you will be forced to hotel hop with the free nights at different chains. You could always fly into and out of CDG if Air France has better redemption rates on Skypesos.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Finally got my certs...2 nights at the Waldorf Roosevelt, New Orleans for our 25th anniversary...nearly $700 saved. Score!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by lewende
I know a great place!

Park City, UT...where has top notch properties like W=A, St. Regis and Hyatt all in the same town! What's even better, SLC is the hub of DL so that you may redeem your DL miles effortlessly...

All right, just tried to give you a hard time...now this is really what I would do in your shoes:

Spend a week in Kauai and Maui. In Maui use your 3 FN certificates at W=A Grand Wailea; in Kauai redeem your *wood points for St. Regis and Hyatt points for Grand Hyatt Kauai. These are my top picks for all these chains in Hawaii. Now the real challenge would be to redeem your skypesos to actually go there...at a reasonable rate...
Good one I did say "vacation", not "staycation" though

I just got back from 6 days in Hawaii. Oahu and HHV. I had a fantastic rate and just wanted to relax - didn't care that it was Waikiki. I did redeem some sky pesos - not hideously high, but not nicely low.

But, going to Maui & Kauai does have it's drawing cards, especially after spending the winter in the snow.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If you have a whole week visit 2 or 3 countries in Europe. You'll have to pack up a few times on the trip anyway since you will be forced to hotel hop with the free nights at different chains. You could always fly into and out of CDG if Air France has better redemption rates on Skypesos.
I rarely unpack when I travel, so not a problem. I actually always check AF to see if they have something available - I like their Business product better than DL (but when the SLC-CDG flight finally gets lie-flats, I may change my mind). I was thinking going back to my fave, Italy. There was supposed to be a DoubleTree going into Siena, but I guess it fell through (I don't see it anywhere). I start going overboard on Europe: I'd like to do Rome again, Florence again, roam through Tuscany and Liguria again, hit the Adriatic region, go back to Prague, Barcelona, etc... It balloons into a much larger trip. That's the problem with traveling solo - I have no one to rein me in

Last edited by slidergirl; Nov 9, 2012 at 10:26 am
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Just received my certificates today, only 8 weeks after qualifying. Now, I need to figure out where to use them. My wife and I hope to visit Hong Kong sometime next year.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
My wife and I each received two certificates.

We are using two for a long weekend in London and going to another hotel for two more nights. She wasn't able to use her certificates as a gold since there were no "standard" rooms but the diamond desk allowed me to make the booking with mine.

For her two, we are going to use them for either the DT times square on a NYC weekend trip when rates are high or the Waldorff Chicago
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by lewende

I am going to Maui next May entirely on points/miles.

Another possibility is Key West, use FNs at Casa Marina and points at Hyatt Resort & Spa the Westin.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Smile

My wife got the card two months ago and qualified on the Oct. 25 statement which we paid immediately. By. Nov. 6, when we hadn't received the points in our account, we e-mailed Citibank which said it would take 6 to 8 weeks. However, the next day, we got two e-mails, each giving us one free weekend night that the offer provided. We immediately booked two weekend nights in London at the Hillton Paddington (Category 7) in July prior to a cruise leaving from nearby Southampton, which Hilton confirmed by return e-mail. Incidentally, per terms of this offer, Sunday also counts as a weekend night, which is nice for us as our cruise leaves on a Monday.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Just to confirm, if one hits the 10K spend in February, you still won't receive your annual free night cert until your actual anniversary date?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
Hi all, quick question about the voucher. Would they be mailed out or would it be through an email? I am away from home, and they said they are mailing it out...and cannot send it elsewhere nor via email
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lin Hang Ren
Hi all, quick question about the voucher. Would they be mailed out or would it be through an email? I am away from home, and they said they are mailing it out...and cannot send it elsewhere nor via email
It will be e-mailed.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Which WA properties eligible for these certs?

Hi. Just received these certs; my two are good till 1/17/14. Does anyone have a list of the Waldorf Astoria properties that are eligible?? I can't find any reference to any list online. I'm thinking I'll get the best value for these certs at WA properties. Also, does high season / low season matter for redeeming at WA properties?

Also does anyone know when you receive the additional cert after spending $10K? Is that as soon as you hit the $10K mark, or at your 1-year card anniversary date (assuming you have spent $10K or more during the year)? I assume that cert is also eligible for select WA properties, right?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zorrobandit
Hi. Just received these certs; my two are good till 1/17/14. Does anyone have a list of the Waldorf Astoria properties that are eligible?? I can't find any reference to any list online. I'm thinking I'll get the best value for these certs at WA properties. Also, does high season / low season matter for redeeming at WA properties?

Also does anyone know when you receive the additional cert after spending $10K? Is that as soon as you hit the $10K mark, or at your 1-year card anniversary date (assuming you have spent $10K or more during the year)? I assume that cert is also eligible for select WA properties, right?

Thanks in advance!
From the T&C's: "Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts that do not offer standard rooms are excluded." So I would assume that if you can find a WA offering standard room awards, you may call the HHonors desk and make the weekend night reservation using a certificate.

Also from the T&C's: At the end of each Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve card account membership year (your membership year begins the date you became a Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve cardmember and resets each year on that date), if you have made $10,000 in eligible purchases on the card during that membership year, you will earn one (1) weekend night certificate as an anniversary bonus. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from your membership anniversary date to receive your certificate.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by zorrobandit
Also does anyone know when you receive the additional cert after spending $10K? Is that as soon as you hit the $10K mark, or at your 1-year card anniversary date (assuming you have spent $10K or more during the year)?
According to the Offer T&Cs:

Celebrate your cardmembership anniversary. Each cardmembership year after you spend $10,000 or more on eligible purchases with your card, earn an anniversary bonus of 1 weekend night certificate good for one weekend night (standard room, double occupancy ) at select hotels and resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio.
I believe it wouldn't come until the anniversary date regardless of how early in the cardmember year the $10k spend is met.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.