Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Where did you spend your Citi Reserve free night certificate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did you spend your Citi Reserve free night certificate?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Thank you. Is that universal now that Thursday is a weekend night? The T&Cs still say Fri-Sun. I was only asking about the UAE because the weekend does in fact start on a Friday there. I did not think that that was the case in Japan.

Follow-up question - I know that these can be used only with "standard" awards. Does anyone know if they can be used with Diamond standard awards, where you are allowed to bypass the length of stay requirements, or is that not a "standard standard" award?
Some where in this thread, I believe someone posted that weekend cert is good for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. After I read that I used it on a Thursday and no question was asked.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Some where in this thread, I believe someone posted that weekend cert is good for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. After I read that I used it on a Thursday and no question was asked.
Lol, nice to know. I wish my weekends were Thursday-Monday.

Any experiences from someone who has tried the Diamond standard rate thing will be much appreciated.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
CR Hong Kong.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thank you. Is that universal now that Thursday is a weekend night? The T&Cs still say Fri-Sun. I was only asking about the UAE because the weekend does in fact start on a Friday there. I did not think that that was the case in Japan.

Follow-up question - I know that these can be used only with "standard" awards. Does anyone know if they can be used with Diamond standard awards, where you are allowed to bypass the length of stay requirements, or is that not a "standard standard" award?
I tried using the certs on a Thursday last December and the Diamond line wouldn't let me. Just my experience.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:29 am

I have had it rejected for Thursday nights and accepted for Thursday nights and no pattern to where they can be used, so I think it must be individual hotels making exceptions to accept them for nights other than Friday to Sunday.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cop35758
I tried using the certs on a Thursday last December and the Diamond line wouldn't let me. Just my experience.
I used the free weekend night on Thursday in Israel.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:25 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Was very pleased with the whole process. My credit card processed on June 24th. I received my 2 certs via email on the 27th and used both of them for a July stay at the Hilton Resort on Pensacola Beach, FL.

The rooms were going for 80K points/night or $495/night (plus taxes). So not a bad deal at all. ^
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:32 am

Moorea

3 weeks ago at the Hilton on Moorea.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Upcoming: November Saturday night at Conrad Dubai (in lieu of 70k Diamond rate)
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:03 am

Lol, nice to know. I wish my weekends were Thursday-Monday.

Any experiences from someone who has tried the Diamond standard rate thing will be much appreciated.
No issues using my single cert for a Saturday night at the WA Palm Jumeirah coming up in December.

Will be also be sampling the Park Hyatt Dubai (Chase Hyatt certs) and Conrad Dubai (hhonors points) on the trip; look forward to comparing the properties.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:15 am

2 nights at Conrad Koh Samui (probably a top-five value redemption portfolio-wide)
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: HHonors-D, Delta Silver, IHG Plat
Last month Chicago Waldorf Astoria, for the second time. Love that place!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
July 3 & 4 at HGI Oceanfront, Kitty Hawk, NC.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by dwcatty
Just curious, what were the rack rates? Feel like this could be a sleeper pick for one of the highest dollar value redemptions.

It is insane what people will pay to go to the beach (after sitting in traffic for 15 hours to get there)...
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Just curious, what were the rack rates? Feel like this could be a sleeper pick for one of the highest dollar value redemptions.
Over $400 per night. Plus taxes. Probably $900 value for the two certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.