Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

can more than one person be on an hilton honors account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Can more than one person be on an hilton hhonors account? I have Gold status and she has AAA discount rate. I thought, we could use both advantages of her AAA discount rate and my Gold status for our stay in a few weeks.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by comptalk
Can more than one person be on an hilton hhonors account? I have Gold status and she has AAA discount rate. I thought, we could use both advantages of her AAA discount rate and my Gold status for our stay in a few weeks.
No. Mutual fund accounts for married couples went away in 2004.
Effective April 1, 2004, new HHonors Mutual Fund accounts are no longer available. Members who have a Mutual Fund account as of March 31, 2004 will continue to receive Mutual Fund benefits.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Poke around this forum and you'll find other discount rates --

Bob H
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

So is there a way to book under my account (she does not have one) and use here AAA card? I know they are going to ask for the AAA card upon arrival, but it says her name.

What is the best way to do this?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
So is there a way to book under my account (she does not have one) and use here AAA card? I know they are going to ask for the AAA card upon arrival, but it says her name.

What is the best way to do this?
I assume you will both be staying in the room. If this is the case then make the reservation under your account and have her as the additional guest. I think that qualifies for the AAA discount. She will be staying and has the AAA membership.

If she is not staying in the room then you probably can't book under that rate. Could she not add you on to her AAA membership, that way no problem in the future?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Once the reservation is made either online or over the phone, and especially if you have HHonors status, I doubt they'll ask for the AAA card. In my experience I've neve been asked to provide "proof" of my discount rate status.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:53 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If you drive a car she should add you as an associate membership. If you ever need the service, the $30 or $40 it costs a year is more than worth it, and you can also get all the AAA discounts.

There are very few properties that actually need to verify the card, but they are out there. As mentioned, if you are both staying there, just add her name to the reservation, they won't care who shows the AAA card if they ask.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
I've used my wife's AAA account number with my HHonors account without any problems when she's been staying with me in the past and never had any problems.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:59 am

the only new accounts that are shared are the HGVC accounts.

probably not worth buying the TS for a discounted room (unless you are interested in the TS, of course).
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Found a cheaper rate than AAA, so will not need the AAA discount. This site is invaluable. :')
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat.; DL Plat; Hilton Gold
I just had a problem where my spouse made the reservation, added my hhonors number, and now I'm not getting credit for the stay. Even though I was on the reservation as an additional guest, and I paid the bill with my Hilton Hhonors Surpass Amex. It's kind of ridiculous that I go to their website and ask for the credit, and they tell me they won't give it to me because my spouse's name is on the top of the reservation.

So, my recommendation is as follows: Make a decision and decide which of you wants to be the alpha for points and travel discounts. Put all of the accounts that are going to earn and get the best discounts in that person's name, and it will save you a shuh-hit ton of hassles with Hilton later on down the road.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
I have never been asked to show my AAA card.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by grumpymonkey
I just had a problem where my spouse made the reservation, added my hhonors number, and now I'm not getting credit for the stay. Even though I was on the reservation as an additional guest, and I paid the bill with my Hilton Hhonors Surpass Amex. It's kind of ridiculous that I go to their website and ask for the credit, and they tell me they won't give it to me because my spouse's name is on the top of the reservation.

So, my recommendation is as follows: Make a decision and decide which of you wants to be the alpha for points and travel discounts. Put all of the accounts that are going to earn and get the best discounts in that person's name, and it will save you a shuh-hit ton of hassles with Hilton later on down the road.
All those silly rules.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by grumpymonkey

So why did your spouse make the reservation in their name instead of yours if you were both staying? I am assuming that you were physically present and stayed in the room (and not just paid an advance purchase rate but you did not occupy the room)
Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No. Mutual fund accounts for married couples went away in 2004.
As the rule you cited said, no new Mutual Accounts have been set up since 2004. Old ones that are kept active are alive and well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.