Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha {JPN}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha {JPN}

Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha {JPN}

Hello. Any experiences at this property? All information appreciated. Thank you.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:07 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Hello. Any experiences at this property? All information appreciated. Thank you.
I am bumping this thread, as I am also considering spending a few nights here. Anyone? Tripadvisor reviews seem quite positive, but I am of course also interested in how they treat HH Golds etc.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I am bumping this thread, as I am also considering spending a few nights here. Anyone? Tripadvisor reviews seem quite positive, but I am of course also interested in how they treat HH Golds etc.
To answer myself: Checked in last night. Brand new property, stylish, rooms reasonable size. I had one reward room and one pre-paid, one was upgraded to 'deluxe', which means higher room. Big deal... Luckily I am receiving free breakfasts for all four of us, four free drink coupons ("Because we don't have Executive Lounge."), small fruit trays and water bottles in both rooms... Very good service too. So yeah, I am very happy.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you for posting this. I am hoping my April 2012 reservation will "hold" and I make it in. How was transport from the airport? Enjoy.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:04 am

Thank you for posting this. I am hoping my April 2012 reservation will "hold" and I make it in. How was transport from the airport? Enjoy.
Took the monorail, Asahibashi Station is right in front of the hotel.

Small update re: Deluxe Room. Compared to normal rooms, we have bathrobes and different bathroom amenities.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Enjoy. How is the buffet?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:27 pm

Thank you. Enjoy. How is the buffet?
Reasonable. Perhaps 2/3 Japanese, 1/3 Western, the food that is. Egg station is a nice touch! We have been able to eat so well that only late and light lunch needed before dinner.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
As a guest, you will be offered a choco chip cookie at check in, free wifi and free VOD in the room.

As a D member, you will be offered a room upgrade(very little), breakfast and drink tickets at check in and welcome fruite, snaks and mineral water in the room. And if you want, you may request a free fitness tichet at "Sports Palace Xystus Naha" where it is ten mins from the hotel on foot.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the additional information. Yasuki. Glad to know you are still active with Flyertalk. Happy Holidays!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:59 pm
alc

Just wondering if anyone have stay here recently. Thinking of booking this hotel under the current 50% Promo

Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by SPBanker
To answer myself: Checked in last night. Brand new property, stylish, rooms reasonable size. I had one reward room and one pre-paid, one was upgraded to 'deluxe', which means higher room. Big deal... Luckily I am receiving free breakfasts for all four of us, four free drink coupons ("Because we don't have Executive Lounge."), small fruit trays and water bottles in both rooms... Very good service too. So yeah, I am very happy.
It's actually a rebranded hotel that was a local Japanese chain before the doubletree. Now a actual Hilton is opening in Chatan!

Originally Posted by yasuki
As a guest, you will be offered a choco chip cookie at check in, free wifi and free VOD in the room.

As a D member, you will be offered a room upgrade(very little), breakfast and drink tickets at check in and welcome fruite, snaks and mineral water in the room. And if you want, you may request a free fitness tichet at "Sports Palace Xystus Naha" where it is ten mins from the hotel on foot.
The place only has one suite, which they were happy to give out last time I was down there, but it wasn't that much of an upgrade from a regular room. It did have a washer/dryer in it which is rare for Japan.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Now a actual Hilton is opening in Chatan!
Really? Must be somewhere close to the AFB, right? Well, I'd rather see a new property somewhere in the outer islands, like Ishigaki for example, but I realise there is not much chance of that happening.

As for the DT in Naha, they seem to have a problem with finding me a non-smoking room, even though I have it confirmed. Apparently a room that was unoccupied for several days is considered non-smoking.
Breakfast is OK, nothing to write home about, but does its job. Location close to the monorail station (it runs until 11:30-ish at night) is ok..

HH Gold also gets welcome drink voucher.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:12 pm

Before it changed to a double-tree this placed was mostly used to bring girls from Matsuyama city (red-light district near the hotel) for some closure to the night. I am guessing that every room was smoking.

The Hilton Chatan is right at the back of American Village. Good location for base related travellers unlike the Double Tree, but not as good for tourists. I agree, I'd to see new properties on the outer islands as well.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Review of recent stay

Mrs. Selfish and I stayed here for 2 nights back in November. Some thoughts:

PROS
+ Great location - especially for the monorail
+ 500 yen for parking is pretty cheap
+ cheap coin op laundry on property - soap is included in the washer
+ decent breakfast spread
+ complimentary drink coupon for gold & diamond members

CONS
- kind of basic, but expected for cost

In short, for 9600 yen, it's a place to crash for the night. It was a good stay, but not a great stay. On the plus side it's a short walk from some decent eateries, and is really easy to get to from the airport.

Full review with pictures for anyone who's interested: http://theselfishyears.com/2014/01/1...ubletree-naha/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.