Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Having trouble viewing Honors prices for HI properties

Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/AX Reserve, HH DM

Hey there, I'm relatively new to the whole rewards game. I've recently started a job that has a bunch of travel. At first I was only interested in obtaining skymiles through DL... now that I'm about to hit platinum medallion, I'm interesting in accruing more hotel points for rewards (the Mrs. really likes to travel )

Anyway, I've got ~100k HH points and wanted to see how many HH pts it costs to stay at some of the properties in Hawaii.

It seems no matter what property I pick or what date range I pick, there is no HH rewards availability for booking.

I'm doing this through their website and I'm trying to do a 9 night stay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by ekothree
Hey there, I'm relatively new to the whole rewards game. I've recently started a job that has a bunch of travel. At first I was only interested in obtaining skymiles through DL... now that I'm about to hit platinum medallion, I'm interesting in accruing more hotel points for rewards (the Mrs. really likes to travel )

Anyway, I've got ~100k HH points and wanted to see how many HH pts it costs to stay at some of the properties in Hawaii.

It seems no matter what property I pick or what date range I pick, there is no HH rewards availability for booking.

Welcome, I see you've been around FT for a bit, but just started posting.^

It may be hard to get 9 night reward stay unless you are booking way in advance.

When you go to hilton.com, you have to click the box that says you want to use your reward points and the availability should come up when you hit 'search'.

However, some have reported troubles when they don't have enough points.
So, you did not mention what status you are, but if you are silver, gold or diamond you should just call the Hhonors department and ask them for the quote for how many points for a 9 night stay (because there's a VIP rate which takes fewer points per night) for your chosen destination.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ekothree

If you want to know the award category of an individual hotel you can click on the hotel page and it will show immediately below the picture of the property with a link to the hotel rewards page. For example:
HHonors Reward Category: HGVC REWARDS
Otherwise, as noted above, if you have insufficient points, the website may not show you availability as you have requested.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: HH diamond
You can't see availability when you sign in because you don't have enough points to make a 9-night award booking. You can't make booking w/o sufficient points so the site is showing no availability.

You can look up the Cat of the hotel you are interested in and look up the VIP awards for 9 nights. You can use VIP awards if you are Silver or higher. If you have a Hilton AMEX, you can also book 4-night AXONs if the hotel is Cat 5-7. Can't use AXON at W-A. Compare the point cost of a 9-night VIP award (if you are at least Silver) with using 2 AXONs (if you have the Hilton AMEX) + 1 reg night award.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/AX Reserve, HH DM
Thanks guys!

It makes sense when you explain it to me. It just seems that a "you have insufficient HH pts to book this trip" warning on their website would be helpful.

I'll look into the AXON vs. VIP like travelinfoo suggested.

It looks like most of the HI hotels are level 7 so 50k pts per night before any VIP or AXON discounts.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
You can also search without logging in first. Then it will show how many points are needed without taking into account any discounts for status, AMEX, etc.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:55 pm

TPG's team has a great post on how to maximize HHonors points!

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/07/maxi...grade-rewards/
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
100k points will not get you 9 nights except in a few backwater Hamptons. Heck, my 300k will only manage 8 at a category 7. You're going to have to get out the credit card for this one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.