Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry {US-PA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry {US-PA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:37 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05
Original Poster

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry {US-PA}

Mods: I could not find a previous thread dedicated to this property, so please feel free to merge if appropriate.

I will try to post a full review with photos later, but I wanted to write a quick synopsis of my stay last week.

This seems to be a new build property (open a year or less? [Someone correct me if I am wrong]) in the heavily constructing Cranberry Township area, north of Pittsburgh.

I give high kudos to this property.

I arrived around 8AM on the day of arrival and was allowed check-in to what was their only King room available at the time. The agent even apologized that it was on the second floor as my profile notes that I prefer a high floor room. I was hoping to secure a Junior Suite upgrade and inquired about such to be happily told that while none were currently available, I would be more than welcome to check into the standard King and then move to a Junior Suite when one became available later in the day ^.

Since I was arriving so early and alone, I was also offered the option to split my Diamond benefit of breakfast between the two days with one certificate for the day of arrival and one for the following day, a much appreciated gesture.

The rooms were in excellent conditions (clean, well-kept, etc) and featured a standard mattress with topper, not the Dial-A-Number adjustable air mattress (that I admittedly do not like) that is [in]famous to HGI. There were some minor noise issues with both rooms (more details in the following full review), but nothing overbearing.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to be in the Cranberry Township area of Pittsburgh OR if you are looking for the best value for points in Pittsburgh.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:52 pm
T3

Thumbs up

I agree with the review. When I stayed there at the end of August they said they had been open for about a year. While there are some great restaurants relatively closeby (e.g. Springfield Grille), the restaurant at the hotel is also very good. The usual somewhat limited menu at HGIs but they had some good daily specials and the service was great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.