Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by 206013671
+1. Exactly what happened to me. I'm HHonors Gold already, and received the email. They told me it was an error that I received it and it should have gone only to those who weren't gold already. Gave me 2,500 points for my inconvenience upon next stay (Monday night!)

Still... it's there error that I received this and it doesn't say anywhere in the small print that if they make an error I'm not eligible for it. Sounds like crap to me!
It even says

If you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer.

so that's obviously gibberish!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Got what I expected...
Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Got what I expected...
Thanks for sharing!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:05 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Got what I expected...
You deserved it!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:15 pm

Tried calling again and they told me I wasn't eligible, but gave me 2500 points. Eh, you win some, you lose some, I guess.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 9:03 am

Does anyone have the promo code for the DL promotion? I saw the AA one and not sure if Delta is in the same format only 'DL' instead of 'AA'
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
Does anyone have the promo code for the DL promotion? I saw the AA one and not sure if Delta is in the same format only 'DL' instead of 'AA'

If you did not get the email, the promo is not for you.
There is no promo code. It's the specific email for the specific person who received the email.

If you did not get the email, you cannot get this offer. It's a very targeted promo. as noted throughout this thread.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:10 pm

Curious. Would I be able to join this through the offer I got from Delta and then apply for the Visa REserve and basically get 100K points (50K thru Delta and 50K thru Reserve)?

Last edited by sparksals; Aug 12, 2012 at 6:03 pm Reason: correction
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by sparksals
Curious. Would I be able to join this through the offer I got from Delta and then apply for the Visa Signature and basically get 100K points (50K thru Delta and 50K thru Signature)?

if you received the Delta email, then yes because it's 2 different offers that have nothing to do with one another. Your statement above says you did receive the email, so it appears possible for you.

if you did not receive the Delta email, then no because you are not targeted for the Delta offer.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline
if you received the Delta email, then yes because it's 2 different offers that have nothing to do with one another. Your statement above says you did receive the email, so it appears possible for you.

if you did not receive the Delta email, then no because you are not targeted for the Delta offer.
Whooops, called it Signature. It is the Citi Reserve I'm talking about. There is no sign up bonus for that one.

Yes, I received the targeted offer from Delta. Sounds like a very lucrative deal for us in combo with me applying for Surpass, him Reserve.

I need to figure this out for maximum points. Husband is gold through Surpass, sent me an app for Surpass which gives bonus points Earn 40,000 HHonors Bonus Point plus 20,000 points with 3K spend plus 10K points for him once I am approved. I apply for the Delta offer, get 50K points after 4 stays. That gives me 110K points

Get the Surpass for me, do minimum spend, get the 60K points. Meanwhile, DH applies for Reserve, drops the Surpass after the points, get the lifetime gold status on Reserve.

Would that work and what woudl be the best order to do this?

Originally Posted by shoreline

Whooops, called it Signature. It is the Citi Reserve I'm talking about. There is no sign up bonus for that one.

Yes, I received the targeted offer from Delta. Sounds like a very lucrative deal for us in combo with me applying for Surpass, him Reserve.

I need to figure this out for maximum points. Husband is gold through Surpass, sent me an app for Surpass which gives bonus points Earn 40,000 HHonors Bonus Point plus 20,000 points with 3K spend plus 10K points for him once I am approved. I apply for the Delta offer, get 50K points after 4 stays. That gives me 110K points

Get the Surpass for me, do minimum spend, get the 60K points. Meanwhile, DH applies for Reserve, drops the Surpass after the points, get the lifetime gold status on Reserve.

Would that work and what woudl be the best order to do this?

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 12, 2012 at 6:43 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, CK, 4 MM; Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by uxb
Apparently, Hilton is offering instant Gold status through March 2014, and up to 50000 bonus HH points for selected members of AA, B6, DL, UA, US and VX FF programmes. There is also an opportunity for HH members to particpate.

Particpate in the American Airlines offer, and get instant gold status + 50000 bonus HH points after four stays.

TERMS:

Particpate in the Delta offer, and get instant gold status + 50000 bonus HH points after four stays.

TERMS:

Particpate in the JetBlue offer, and get instant gold status + 50000 bonus HH points after four stays.

TERMS:

Participate in the United offer, and get instant gold status + 6000 bonus UA miles after five stays.

TERMS:

Particpate in the US Airways offer, and get instant gold status + 25000 bonus HH points after four stays.

TERMS:

Participate in the Virgin America offer, and get instant gold status + 1600 bonus VX points after four stays.

TERMS:

Participate in the Hilton HHonors offer, and get instant gold status + 25000 bonus HH points after five stays.

TERMS:
uxb,

Let me begin by thanking you. Like FWAAA, I think you are one of the very best posters on this site with valuable information. This thread is a perfect illustration.

I received the email too Thursday morning but didnt read it. Only until I came across this thread did I review the message. Unfortunately, I just spoke to hhonors. They will not honor the email. I used to be gold a few years ago but swithced to Marriott Rewards because I like the accomodations at the Ritz, and the chain began accepting Marriott rewards about 2/3 years ago....can't recall exactly when.

However, I do appreciate you starting this thread.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:40 pm
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by LAXJFKesq
uxb,

Let me begin by thanking you. Like FWAAA, I think you are one of the very best posters on this site with valuable information. This thread is a perfect illustration.

I received the email too Thursday morning but didnt read it. Only until I came across this thread did I review the message. Unfortunately, I just spoke to hhonors. They will not honor the email. I used to be gold a few years ago but swithced to Marriott Rewards because I like the accomodations at the Ritz, and the chain began accepting Marriott rewards about 2/3 years ago....can't recall exactly when.

However, I do appreciate you starting this thread.
Hah! No need to thank me for this thread. I rarely get the jump on these types of announcements. Anyway, if you received the E-mail, then why didn't they honour it? Are you already a Diamond? If so, then set up a new account. Merge it w/ your existing acct next April.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, CK, 4 MM; Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by uxb
Hah! No need to thank me for this thread. I rarely get the jump on these types of announcements. Anyway, if you received the E-mail, then why didn't they honour it? Are you already a Diamond? If so, then set up a new account. Merge it w/ your existing acct next April.
No, really, major thanks to you and Shoreline for the valuable information in this thread.

Hilton declined me citing that I am a HHonors Member already. However, I have no status with Hilton. The rep did acknowledge that I am eligible for the promo as described in the email I received. However, she claimed the email was an error and never should've gone out.

I called AA customer service this evening and AA said that is NOT correct. The AA rep, as usual, was fantastic and is launching an investigation on behalf as well as contacting the Hilton partner's desk.

BTW, I contact Marriott to see if they would match the promo. While not exactly, Marriott Rewards did give me instant Gold status as well as enrolled me in a gold challennge through the end of November. I only need 6 more stays (I have 32 Marriott stays so far this year). So this is a huge benefit for me as I am on target to have only about 42 stays at Marriott for the entire year -- I split between Marriott and Starwood depending on the location I prefer certain hotels. Nevertheless, I am very happy and a big screw-u to Hilton!

Thanks again uxb and Shoreline. Much appreciated.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:49 am
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by LAXJFKesq
No, really, major thanks to you and Shoreline for the valuable information in this thread.

Hilton declined me citing that I am a HHonors Member already. However, I have no status with Hilton. The rep did acknowledge that I am eligible for the promo as described in the email I received. However, she claimed the email was an error and never should've gone out.

I called AA customer service this evening and AA said that is NOT correct. The AA rep, as usual, was fantastic and is launching an investigation on behalf as well as contacting the Hilton partner's desk.

BTW, I contact Marriott to see if they would match the promo. While not exactly, Marriott Rewards did give me instant Gold status as well as enrolled me in a gold challennge through the end of November. I only need 6 more stays (I have 32 Marriott stays so far this year). So this is a huge benefit for me as I am on target to have only about 42 stays at Marriott for the entire year -- I split between Marriott and Starwood depending on the location I prefer certain hotels. Nevertheless, I am very happy and a big screw-u to Hilton!

Thanks again uxb and Shoreline. Much appreciated.
Sounds like I will not bother calling HH to enrol my account despite having received this E-mail. This "promo" doesn't sit well with me since the T+C are not being honoured as originally stated. As such, I will enrol w/ a new HH account, then merge next April when I drop down to Silver (as another poster had mentioned above). YMMV.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: HH Dia, UMP Premier Plat, AA Plat
I don't know how HH can say this was an error. The TC blatantly states it is open to current HH members by calling customer service.

I called and was first given the line about it being an error. I responded by reading the line from the TC. He pushed back a little but not much and then let me open a new account, link it to my current account and then close the new account, all in about 3 minutes. Now the offer is attached to my existing HH account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.