Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Converting Hilton Honors points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Converting Hilton Honors points

I have 80k in Hilton Honors points, however, the hotel I want, they will not give me through Hilton.com, but would give me through Thankyou.com. Is there any way to convert the Hilton Honors points to Thankyou points?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by comptalk
I have 80k in Hilton Honors points, however, the hotel I want, they will not give me through Hilton.com, but would give me through Thankyou.com. Is there any way to convert the Hilton Honors points to Thankyou points?
unless it's through some odd route, I don't believe so. It's not a direct route of transfer.

even if an indirect route exists, I would consider the timing and whether or not the transfer could take place anyway. Probably pretty unlikely.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
what hotel? maybe we could help finding another alternitive
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Looking for the DoubleTree or Hilton in Times Square. It's available from Citi, just not HHonors. :'(
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:32 pm

I picked a random night in september and both hotels seemed to be avaiable for 50k per night using honors. is ther a particluar nightyou are looking for? and have you tryed calling hhonors on the phone. the hilton website sometimes does not work to well.
unlike the airlines there is never an extra charge for calling on the phone and booking thru hilton
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Needed Saturday in Oct., showed up as unavailable to be used with HHonors points; but to pay for, yes they do have rooms.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:05 pm

the quick searches i did show no avaibility on sat as a one night even with cash, but when you change it to two nights they are avaiable with points or cash, the hotel might as many often do have set no aarival on saturday for just one night. i would call to hilton honnors and see.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And this is the only hotel you will ever need?

Even if you could convert, all conversions between unrelated programs lose a ton of value. So you wouldn't end up with enough points for one night, even if you converted the amount of points with which HHonors (on another date or at a another hotel) could give you two nights!

Do you have to stay at one of these two hotels? There are tons of HHonors hotels in NYC, and getting around NYC (especially Manhattan and nearby) is very easy. I would not waste 80k on one night (if that's the loss a conversion gets you) on these two hotels when you can get another HHonors hotel within a mile or two for 50k or one of a couple Hamptons in the area for 40k.

And I would not waste a bunch of time trying to figure out how to convert points (which, even when possible, often takes weeks). The fact that so many HHonors hotels are already sold out of "standard" rooms (the rooms that are available on points) implies that the remaining hotels might go quickly.

Redemption is always easier if you are flexible.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 7, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.