Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Ongoing Quarterly Promotion Rumor and Speculation Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This discussion is for rumors and speculation about upcoming quarterly promotions by the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program; and the content is to remain separate from the official quarterly promotions discussions so as to keep the content in them easy to locate.

Please post in this WikiPost a link to the start of a new rumor; as well as a link to the actual official discussion pertaining to a promotion.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

The Ongoing Quarterly Promotion Rumor and Speculation Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:31 am

So it is nothing for Oct?

Originally Posted by ZLCATC
I decided to read the promo more thoroughly and here it is verbatim. Worse than I thought:
Q4 2012 HHonors System-wide Promotion
(Promo Name-1,000 reasons)

Offer Details: Registered HHonors members will earn 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points each Thursday through Monday night of any stay occurring during the promotion period November 1 through December 31, 2012. (Tuesday and Wednesday are not bonused.)

Valid Stay Dates: November 1- December 31, 2012

Live Dates: October 17- Sneak Preview e-mail
October 31- Global email launch to remaining HHonors members
November 1- Global email launch to non HHonors

It is stated that the goal of this promotion is to generate incremental stays particularly for weekend and shoulder dates.

In my previous post I was not looking at the sheet and did not recognize that Tue and Wed were excluded. Those are 2 of the 3 nights I normally stay so it does nothing for me.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Looks like it will be Marriott thru EOY. Sorry Hilton, this sucks.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
This promo is the pits!!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
I do not understand what is a big deal about these promos, and why should one care what other chains do? While it is nice to receive bonus points I stay with Hilton regardless of whether or not there is a promo going on...
I guess this brand jumping is only good for people who travel really a lot and who maintain status with different programmes? I just don't see me dropping Hilton and my favourite hotels and start earning status with a different programme just because this quarter's promo sucks... Where is loyalty in chasing the next promo?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
I really hope this was a trial balloon to gauge reaction....

Of course, they're wasting a lot of money on people who think this is even worthy of a trial balloon. If only the property we are satying at in November wasn't so good to us, I would seriously consider switching.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
If this is true, then I will be moving all of my stays through the end of the year to another brand. I am already working on Marriott, but will cap out their promo with 4 more stays, as I got 1 free night for every two stays with a max of 3 free nights. I might then do the Starwood challenge for the rest of the year to get Platinum next year. Then it would be Diamond Hilton, Gold Marriott, and Platinum Starwood next year...

I can't believe that Hilton would not take advantage of the fact that they could really build some loyalty this quarter with the other promo's being so weak. Really all of the brands have weak promo's for Q4 if this is true. Maybe I'll just stay home more.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
I just checked my reservation - 13 stays for Oct-Dec. Diamond member since 1993 and loyal all those years. Already qualified for Diamond in 2013. Most of my stays are Between Monday and Thursday. I do not think it is unloyal to shift my stays to another chain and get status and bonus with them. Will be looking at Marriott ans SPG to see which will work better. I already have a couple of Marriott stays because there were no Hilton options on those trips.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, UC, Lifetime HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
I just checked my reservation - 13 stays for Oct-Dec. Diamond member since 1993 and loyal all those years. Already qualified for Diamond in 2013. Most of my stays are Between Monday and Thursday. I do not think it is unloyal to shift my stays to another chain and get status and bonus with them. Will be looking at Marriott ans SPG to see which will work better. I already have a couple of Marriott stays because there were no Hilton options on those trips.
Ditto.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I do not understand what is a big deal about these promos, and why should one care what other chains do? While it is nice to receive bonus points I stay with Hilton regardless of whether or not there is a promo going on...
I guess this brand jumping is only good for people who travel really a lot and who maintain status with different programmes? I just don't see me dropping Hilton and my favourite hotels and start earning status with a different programme just because this quarter's promo sucks... Where is loyalty in chasing the next promo?
I suppose it depends on your perspective but since you asked I'll offer an answer - IMHO Hilton has allowed the program to degrade too much. The re-alignments of the redemption point values seriously devalued the points and they've done a number of things that curb the other benefits (e.g. upgrades). About the only thing making the difference were strong promos like the QF cert ones. Point bonuses on semi-worthless points with so many non-participating hotels just doesn't cut it.

So if the core program is cut and the promos aren't adding anything isn't it time to shop around? Loyalty has its place but blind loyalty in the face of these events seems foolish to me.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:59 pm

Without an official announcement from Hilton, why judge any speculation yet?

At this point I think it's still speculation.

Hhonors does offer the 'double dip earning style' and IF this is
the true promo for Q4 maybe there's an airline promo as well. I'm sure
some people wouldn't mind earning bonus points and bonus miles at the same time in Q4.

Who knows? I reckon we will find out when October arrives.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I'll go the counter argument, what is the point of having loyalty to a corporation? I'm well aware that their loyalty to me extends only to my next stay, why should my loyalty to them extend beyond whatever benefits I am offered?

If a business wants my money they can earn it. It can be through promos, a superior rewards program, great properties or great customer service. But I just don't understand being loyal to a name brand unless there's something in it for me.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by shoreline
Without an official announcement from Hilton, why judge any speculation yet?

At this point I think it's still speculation.

Hhonors does offer the 'double dip earning style' and IF this is
the true promo for Q4 maybe there's an airline promo as well. I'm sure
some people wouldn't mind earning bonus points and bonus miles at the same time in Q4.

Who knows? I reckon we will find out when October arrives.
Good point they could have an airline promo they could stack it with. Or have a diamond rentention promo for Q4 (if they bring back the diamond promo they had in q4 2010 that would be enough for me to give most of my stays to Hilton). I just hope a lot of properties don't opt out for this promo if it really is that bad.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by stifle
That's pretty rubbish if true. I have 0 Hilton family stays booked in Q4 and I expect it will stay that way.
I agree. Not sure why Hhonors even bothers with something so crappy.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Unfortunately I will have to give Hilton some stays next quarter if I want to keep my diamond status, as I am sure many other diamonds will have to do. $40,000 of spend on a Hilton credit card and moving my stays to SPG is sounding good if this is the promotion for Q4.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Looks like it's an actual promo, but Conrad Bangkok's facebook page says it's valid between "now through December 31st, 2012".

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...d=136767784884

The link referenced in the post (www.hhonors.com/1000reasons) is invalid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.