Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Closed Thread

Old Sep 23, 12, 1:17 am   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambrock View Post
Looks like it's an actual promo, but Conrad Bangkok's facebook page says it's valid between "now through December 31st, 2012".

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...d=136767784884

The link referenced in the post (www.hhonors.com/1000reasons) is invalid.
I can't sign up for the 1000 reason promotion?!

and where is the link to sign up for the Monday to Thursday promo?
Old Sep 23, 12, 1:46 am   #107

Programs: HH - Diamond, EY Gold, MR Gold
I have just booked my hotels for Q4. Due to this discraceful promo I will only have 3 stays with Hilton. The remaining 8 will be with Marriott. For the last 3 years I have been pretty loyal with hilton. But the decision for all London properties to opt out of Q3 made me rethink my loyalty. A quick call to Marriott rewards gave me a status match. Their q3 megabonus promo was pretty good. So i spent about 75% of my time with them. Marriott Q4 also looks good. From now on I will keep an eye on promos and choose the chain which offers me more. No more blind loyalty.
Old Sep 23, 12, 2:08 am   #108
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, UA Gold, National Rail Gold, ABP
I think basing anything on London opting out of the Q3 promo is illogical. The olympics and paralympics were on, the hotels would be stuffed regardless of any promo, so it wouldn't have made sense for the hotels to pay a percentage of every folio to HHonors in order to participate. Since you can only opt out for the whole quarter or not at all, they had to go for the whole quarter.
Old Sep 23, 12, 5:40 am   #109

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus1301 View Post
I can't sign up for the 1000 reason promotion?!

and where is the link to sign up for the Monday to Thursday promo?
No one can sign up, it says the link is invalid.

Promo is Thursday to Monday, not the other way around.
Old Sep 23, 12, 6:25 am   #110

Programs: UA Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Le Club Gold, MR Gold, Amtrak Select, CAM Card
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise View Post
No one can sign up, it says the link is invalid.

Promo is Thursday to Monday, not the other way around.
I had thought that Markus1301's comment was meant to be sarcastic. I agree: when, indeed, are we going to see the real promo for those who actually stay at Hiltons on weekdays!
Old Sep 23, 12, 6:29 am   #111

I dont think its ilogical to stop & think about loyalty. These things work both ways & when things tip in the other direction then its time to look at other options.

Yes. The olympics were on for 2 weeks. But London wasnt much busier than normal. The two weeks during the paraolympics were just business as usual. So to opt out for the whole 3 months seemed like overkill. Other chains didnt have such silly opt outs over this period. I still dont understand this logic at HH
Old Sep 23, 12, 7:11 am   #112
alc

Initially when I read the entire month of October is out, I had the same feeling as all the others had said - bad. But now that I see the Facebook page posted by adambrock where it is "now to Dec 31", I now actually think it is not that bad after all - not the best like Q3FN, but acceptable. Most of the bonus points promo in the past always gives more points on the weekend and nothing during the weekday. But this time, I get to bonus points on Monday and Thursday night too. This will now completely changed most of my booking for Q4 where I will make sure I have no Hilton hotels on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Last edited by alc; Sep 23, 12 at 7:46 am.. Reason: typo
Old Sep 23, 12, 7:32 am   #113

Programs: LH SEN, HH D
Glad I don't have any stays planned in Oct. Really sad there'll be no promotion during October, though.
Old Sep 23, 12, 8:53 am   #114

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, BW Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah View Post
I have just booked my hotels for Q4. Due to this discraceful promo I will only have 3 stays with Hilton. The remaining 8 will be with Marriott. For the last 3 years I have been pretty loyal with hilton. But the decision for all London properties to opt out of Q3 made me rethink my loyalty. A quick call to Marriott rewards gave me a status match. Their q3 megabonus promo was pretty good. So i spent about 75% of my time with them. Marriott Q4 also looks good. From now on I will keep an eye on promos and choose the chain which offers me more. No more blind loyalty.
I am also going to try for a status match to Marriott. Even if they only give it to me until the end of the year with a challenge I will qualify by year end on stays and credit card spend for Platnium anyway and can enjoy the PM benefits in the meantime. I am sure Hilton is going to lose a lot of stays to the competition from their golds and diamonds with the exception of those that need the stays to requalify in Q4.
Old Sep 23, 12, 8:59 am   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesteroh:19368663
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah View Post
I am also going to try for a status match to Marriott. Even if they only give it to me until the end of the year with a challenge I will qualify by year end on stays and credit card spend for Platnium anyway and can enjoy the PM benefits in the meantime. I am sure Hilton is going to lose a lot of stays to the competition from their golds and diamonds with the exception of those that need the stays to requalify in Q4.
Marriott put me straight to gold when i emailed them my Hilton activity for 2012. I only had 10 nights with Marriott this year, but they were more than happy to give me gold until feb2014. I guess they wanted my business
Old Sep 23, 12, 9:28 am   #116
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Quote:
Originally Posted by warreng24 View Post
Thanks for sharing ZLCATC

A big to HHonors for coming up with this promo.
Which promo? I don't see one

To be fair: There ain't no promotions with any hotel chain
Old Sep 25, 12, 6:53 am   #117

has anything official been released yet from HHonors, or does anyone have definite knowedge yet about the program?
Old Sep 25, 12, 7:06 am   #118

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Avis, Hertz
Only the Facebook post above and a letter one member read/has. They are the same though so it's looking true.
Old Sep 25, 12, 8:45 am   #119

Programs: AA EXP/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum/Hertz Pres. Circle/Avis Grand Wizard/Wife's Favorite Husband
Lame

That promo is lame.

I should've jumped ship earlier than the 156 nights I'm already at.

But starting tomorrow, I'm switching to Marriott properties. 34 nights booked this morning, which'll take me somewhere to just after mid November.

Just signed up for the platinum challenge. Should qualify for next year in about a month...

Last edited by parvez; Sep 25, 12 at 12:49 pm..
Old Sep 25, 12, 11:49 am   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andriyko View Post
I do not understand what is a big deal about these promos, and why should one care what other chains do? While it is nice to receive bonus points I stay with Hilton regardless of whether or not there is a promo going on...
I guess this brand jumping is only good for people who travel really a lot and who maintain status with different programmes? I just don't see me dropping Hilton and my favourite hotels and start earning status with a different programme just because this quarter's promo sucks... Where is loyalty in chasing the next promo?
Well that's the thing. For someone like me who doesn't travel a whole lot (I never travel for business so all of my travel is personal), promos aren't a big deal. For those people who are always on the road, then promos make a big deal as they allow people to rack up points incredibly fast.

Closed Thread