Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

CAT 6 hotel showing up as 34k PT per night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:28 am
Original Poster

I am thinking about using AXON to book for Conrad Singapore. It shows up as CAT 6 which should be 40k pts per night but when I check the dates of Feb 2013, it shows up as 34k points per night. Isn't it supposed to be 40k points or at least 35k points for CAT 5?

Therefore, if i book Axon CAT 6, it would be 145k and if I book at 34k , it would cost 136k pts...isn't AXON supposed to be a better deal?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Is this a standard room booking for a another room type? It could be one of those instances when the price of a room is so cheap that the premium room reward option is cheaper. This has come up a few times. If the stay is over a weekend then it is quite possible that is the case as the Conrad can be quite cheap on the weekends.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Just book it and smile.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Standard room for 4 nights....awhile back, i saw it at 40k, today i saw it at 34k.unfortunately, i need to wait for mid august to receive points from my citi visa card spending
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by metoo
Standard room for 4 nights....awhile back, i saw it at 40k, today i saw it at 34k.unfortunately, i need to wait for mid august to receive points from my citi visa card spending
It's simply a GLON discount rate. Check out the sticky thread, "Making sense of Hilton reward options -- AXON, GLON, and everything else" at the top of this forum.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jefftiger
It's simply a GLON discount rate. Check out the sticky thread, "Making sense of Hilton reward options -- AXON, GLON, and everything else" at the top of this forum.

Thanks...will do
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Thanks...will do
It's a discount of how many points it takes per night because you are reserving 4 nights or more.

If you change to 3 nights, then it will be 40K per night. If you change to 5 nights it will be less than what you are seeing for 4 night per night.

This is available for VIP tier status members.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.