FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Brian Head {US-UT} (no longer Honors) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1368190-doubletree-resort-spa-hilton-brian-head-us-ut-no-longer-honors.html)

Chapel Hill Guy Jul 19, 2012 11:18 am

DoubleTree Resort & Spa by Hilton Brian Head {US-UT} (no longer Honors)

Property in Brian Head, UT ski area. Search did not turn up anything. Anyone been there? TIA

Chapel Hill Guy Jul 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Found this in an online review:

From the owner: “This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in March 2012.”
Anyone been there or will I be the first FTer? :) Property looks quite nice.

AggieWxNole Jul 21, 2012 12:00 am

I'm actually staying there the end of next week (checking in Thursday). I'll be sure to post a review after my stay.

slidergirl Jul 21, 2012 10:20 am

Let us know about hiking & mt. biking options from there. I'd surely be interested in this property!!

Chapel Hill Guy Aug 6, 2012 1:15 pm

Spent one night here last week. Very nice property. Built in 2009, only a DT since this last March.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Upgraded to a very large king suite with a fireplace, queen sofa bed, two 42" TVs, huge kitchen with dining table, microwave, and small refrigerator.

Lift Lounge and Patio is huge with indoor and outdoor fire pits. Dinner at Leany's Steakhouse was very good and the full complimentary breakfast included anything on the menu. Once again, very friendly staff.

Didn't have time to check out the area much as we arrived late and it was also quite cold after some four+ hours of rain. Hotel was fairly empty with just a few guests as this is really a ski lodge. Walking down the cavernous hallway to our room I got a "The Shining" kind of chill :eek: as it was a bit spooky being so quiet.

Would definitely stay here if I were in the area. It's about 10-12 miles off I-70.

Camarones Mar 29, 2013 11:15 am

Can anyone comment on using this property as a base for seeing Bryce and Zion parks over a 2 night stay? Looking to be in the area in a couple weeks and would like to contribute to my stays tally :) I mapped the drive to Bryce and Google estimates about 90 minutes, just wondering that is realistic considering road types and conditions in mid-April. I figure we would see Zion after checking out, and on the way to Vegas.

SFOHPN May 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Camarones (Post 20503759)
Can anyone comment on using this property as a base for seeing Bryce and Zion parks over a 2 night stay? Looking to be in the area in a couple weeks and would like to contribute to my stays tally :) I mapped the drive to Bryce and Google estimates about 90 minutes, just wondering that is realistic considering road types and conditions in mid-April. I figure we would see Zion after checking out, and on the way to Vegas.

Camarones, did you end up staying at this property for your trip? What were the actual driving times to Bryce and Zion? Also hoping to use this property as a base for a trip to the area. Thanks!

SkiUtah Jun 27, 2013 9:04 am

This property looks Awesome online. Location looks great as well.

Brian Head is a really cool ski area, amazing scenary. Driveable for So Cal or Las Vegas people. Its really a pretty scenic and nice drive from the Las Vegas Airport. Its a smaller ski area for Western standards but a really nice area and has great terrain for everyone. Looking forward to some reviews once ski season arrives!

There are a ton of beautiful parks in the area. Its really a decent hotel for Bryce Canyon National Park since its such a rural area. People drive really fast on those roads so i would say an hour to the park entrance. The online directions i think are to the visitor center in the park or to some central point in the park. Zion is further there are so many scenic parks in the area to check out.

http://brianheadutah.com/national-parks.php

lancexfang Jan 2, 2014 10:42 am

Am trying to decide between this place and the hampton inn at Cedar City for exploring Zion and Bryce in the summer.

the DT should be nicer. But location wise, the Hampton Inn is closer to the freeway.

Anyone with prior experience?

wienerwinner Jan 17, 2014 2:09 pm

I would consider hampton inn at springdale which is really close to Zion N.P.

lancexfang Jan 20, 2014 9:30 am

Originally Posted by wienerwinner (Post 22174065)
I would consider hampton inn at springdale which is really close to Zion N.P.

Thanks. this indeed looks better, location wise.