Executive floors at HGIs?

Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: MP
Executive floors at HGIs?

Sorry if it has been discussed before.

I don't stay at HGIs often, but will stay in one (Arundel Mills, MD) next week. Do they have executive floors for elites at HGIs? Or any other special form of recognition?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by v1rok
Sorry if it has been discussed before.

I don't stay at HGIs often, but will stay in one (Arundel Mills, MD) next week. Do they have executive floors for elites at HGIs? Or any other special form of recognition?
No -- once in a while you might get a suite, but that's rare.

The big benefit is the free breakfast and it's better than what many ES's have, you might also get things like a free bottle of water which I'm always happy to have this time of year.

You'll have to set your on site benefits though.

Bob H
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Per HHonors.com, Gold and Diamond members may choose one of the following at Hilton Garden Inn:
  • Daily complimentary hot cooked-to-order breakfast for you and up to one additional registered hotel guest in the same room each day of your stay
  • 750 HHonors bonus points
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by v1rok
Do they have executive floors for elites at HGIs? Or any other special form of recognition?
It's not formulaic per HHonors benefit commitments, but I have seen some nice room type upgrades at a few HGIs. Not every HGI has a deep room type inventory so don't set expectations too high.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I have received 'upgrades' at HGI's but they consisted of a room slightly larger with more of a 'living area' that had a pull out sofa. For the most part HGI's have mostly similar rooms.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:19 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BobH
No -- once in a while you might get a suite, but that's rare.
That's simply either incorrect or not nuanced enough.

It depends where you stay, locale (and whether that locale has rooms empty on weekdays or weekends), how many nights, and whether "your" hotels have suite inventory.

Almost every HGI stay I've had in the last year included a suite upgrade in hotels that had suite inventory.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by cblaisd

Almost every HGI stay I've had in the last year included a suite upgrade in hotels that had suite inventory.
That's the point, isn't it .. i.e a lot of them don't have suites

Bob H
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BobH
That's the point, isn't it .. i.e a lot of them don't have suites

Bob H
Most of the ones I've stayed at in the last couple of years do.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:11 pm

Most of the ones I've stayed at in the last couple of years do.
Agree. I stay in HGIs fairly often and am virtually always upgraded to a suite. Then there's the University Wing at LAX, which is like a box of chocolates but frequently interesting.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: HH diamond
ive stayed at HGI many times before and had never had an upgrade to a suite. I've asked once for an upgrade (very politely) and the FD desk said no, and that he could if I wanted to use 22k/nights of my 500k+ points. I was thinking hell no...I hate it that the FD can see how many points I have. Is there a way to block it from them?

But yea, dont except any upgrades at HGI because its not in the policy to do so.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Trubo
I hate it that the FD can see how many points I have. Is there a way to block it from them?
I think it's great that FD staff can see my points balance. Several times I've received an upgrade or other amenity because of my high balance (I burn a lot of points but earn them faster); DD staff has also been extra-accommodating. In each instance they've mentioned something like "wow, I've never seen that number of points before", and then provide exemplary service.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
I think it's great that FD staff can see my points balance. Several times I've received an upgrade or other amenity because of my high balance (I burn a lot of points but earn them faster); DD staff has also been extra-accommodating. In each instance they've mentioned something like "wow, I've never seen that number of points before", and then provide exemplary service.
I see your point but I think the FD are more reluctant to upgrade us because they want us to use our points for upgrades instead of a complimentary upgrade (for places like HGI, ES, Hamptons) where there is no policy for a comp upgrade.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
No EL's, but some of my best UG's have been at HGI's.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:41 am

Programs: Air France/KLM FB-GOLD, Ethiad Guests GOLD, HHonors DIAMOND, Lufthansa Miles&More

It depends where you stay, locale (and whether that locale has rooms empty on weekdays or weekends), how many nights, and whether "your" hotels have suite inventory.

Over the last couple of years I did always get a suite upgrade (even for a reservation of onl one night) as Diamond and as gold as well. Never had a problem.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:26 am

I think I've gotten suites at several HGI. They are 2-room with a dining area/fridge and a separate bedroom area. There is no formal divider, like a door but they are distinctive areas. I've never asked for an upgrade. I thought those were the standard rooms! But I have gotten rooms that was just a larger room with a half-wall divider where it felt like the bed was basically in the "living room".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.