Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Wembley Plaza {GBR} (no longer Honors)

Old Oct 24, 2001, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various

Has anyone ever stayed here?

Any good? Upgrades for Gold VIP?

Rates seem to be very low for a London Hilton, Ł46+

Thanks,
Richard
Old Oct 26, 2001, 10:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Wembley Plaza Trip Reports and Reviews

Have been there several times.
Cheap rooms and cheap service.
No executive/club floor
No Gold/Diamond amenities.
An Executive reward level in London... with rooms available... Just imagine...
Old Dec 16, 2001, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various
Completed stay there last night.

Without doubt this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I would have got better service showing my Starwood Platinum Card than my Hilton Gold VIP card.

The staff were the rudest I have ever encountered, there was many people in my company staying there complaining at the diabolical service there.

Avoid this hotel at ALL costs, stay in the Travel Inn or the Premier Lodge over the road, it will be much better!

Thanks,
Richard
Old Dec 17, 2001, 8:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Good news...

The hotel has been downgraded as an "opportunity" hotel, with a lot of point stretcher dates...
Old Apr 17, 2002, 2:24 pm

Hilton Wembley Plaza (Greater London) - Comments?

I am going to be in London 5th May until 8th May. I was looking at the HHonors Point stretcher awards and noticed that they had the "Wembley Plaza" hotel (formerly called the Hilton National) for 15,000 HHonors points for a 3 day stay! (reward code PO3)

I have a reservation on hold, but I am a bit concerned about this hotel. I know it is near the Wembley Plaza tube stop (Jubilee and Metropolitan lines), so getting into London is about a 20 to 25 min. ride.

But, can anybody tell me about this hotel and the surrounding areas? Is there anything around the hotel besides the Arena and Stadium? (ie: restaurants, pubs, shops, etc). How about the hotel itself, is it nice?

For 15,000 points for 3 days, it seems to good of a deal to pass up... Thoughts?
Old Apr 17, 2002, 2:49 pm

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
It is cheap for a very good reason - its a bit of a dump!! Surrounding area is not the best. Check this thread:-

http://www.flyertalk.com/milesfr.shtml
Old Apr 19, 2002, 9:50 am
Original Member

If you expect from a hotel just a bed to sleep overnight, go for it! The only "opportunity" hotel in Europe. But don't expect anything, but the bed!
Not that far from London:
- 10 min walk from either Wembley Park and Wembley Central tube stations
- Frequent buses on Route 18 (get off at Edgware Road and DON'T watch the Hilton Metropole).
It may be a good value for points (not for money!).
Old Sep 17, 2002, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Hilton Wembley

I just booked a weekend award stay at the Hilton Wembley. I have heard this is not a great property, but it takes very few points for a free night.

Anyone stayed there recently? Any advice, thoughts, etc? What is the closest tube stop?
Old Sep 17, 2002, 3:33 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
I booked a stay there for the summer, and ended up cancelling it.

When I called the hotel to ask about transportation, they told me that a taxi is about 40 pounds each way to the central area of London, where most of the "tourist" sights are. They also told me that taking the tube is about 40 minutes to an hour each way and I have to make one transfer.

I didn't want to spend so much time getting to and from the hotel, and ended up staying at the Intercontinental instead.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 4:19 pm

I stayed there in July for two nights. I was with my two kids and it was the only place for points (and very few points) that would take all three of us. Hotel has no air conditioning but that was not a problem for us and in London this is usually not a problem. I am Diamond and they gave us a great breakfast each morning.

Hotel is a bit shabby, worn carpet and drapes. Beds were comfortable. It is about a mile to nearest tube station, but a bus to the tube, stops on street directly across from Hotel. With the bus and the train transfers it probably did take forty minuets to an hour to get too downtown. I stayed night before I left from Heathrow, and it is not bad getting to airport from that hotel. Maybe an hour on Underground and bus.

It will save you a lot of points and if you plan on being away for the day not a bad place to stay. Not good if you and your wife want romantic time in London however.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 3:49 am
Suspended

Hilton Wembley Plaza London

Hi, has anybody stayed at the Hilton Wembley Plaza in London.

What about upgrades for Gold Vip`s or the hours of the exec. lounge, if there is one ?

Thanks

Patrick
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:44 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
It is a dump. No lounge. Tired decor. Unless you are planning a one night stay for a conference or concert at Wembley avoid this property at all costs.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 8:11 am

Programs: Lots
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
It is a dump. No lounge. Tired decor. Unless you are planning a one night stay for a conference or concert at Wembley avoid this property at all costs. </font>
Given the current state of Wembley, I doubt that there will be a concert there anytime soon I wonder if this property will be remodeling when Wembley re-opens.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 2:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Axey:
Given the current state of Wembley, I doubt that there will be a concert there anytime soon I wonder if this property will be remodeling when Wembley re-opens.</font>
Although the stadium is being redeveloped, Wembley Arena (the indoor venue) is still staging concerts and exhibitions.
Old Jun 26, 2003, 9:52 pm

I had the 'pleasure' of staying at this dump 3 weeks ago. The new official name of this 'hotel' is 'The Wembley Plaza' - notice that Hilton is no longer in the title, although this property is still supposed to be a Hilton afiiliated property and is still supposed to be maintaining Hilton standards.

The property is about a ten minute walk from the Wembley Central station or you can take a bus. Wembley Central station can be accessed off the brown Harrow and Wealdstone line. This line does not run as frequently as others and chances are you'll get stuck at Queen's Park station waiting for another train. From Piccadilly Circus, it takes about 20 minutes. If you opt to rent a car, easy car, an offspring of easy jet, is located in the same garage as the Wembley Plaza. I booked a car for less than 1 pound a day. The hotel allows for in and out privileges so long as you are a guest, all free of charge.

The hotel and the area in which it is located is very much in the ghetto. If you are gold/diamond, they will upgrade to you to executive level - the rooms have a recently remodeled bathroom, one plus. Other than the bathrooms, the rooms are nothing special, fairly rundown, no A/C, worn comforters, old furniture, and you can hear the construction of the stadium. Here's the other plus - the hotel has a fitness center that includes a pool, a half dozen pieces of cardio, and a few pieces of equipment where you'll be able to squeeze in a light workout.

Wembley Plaza is a bargain basement category 1 property - sometimes you get what you pay for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.