Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 15, 12, 11:46 am   #1

Programs: Delta GM Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold AA Gold
hilton paris mvp/other discounts? hotwire success?

I have a 1 night stopever in paris and thought Id do a little touring but having an awful time finding a hotel that will take two adults and 2 kids in one room. Going back to my Hilton option but the rooms price out about 600! It doesnt seem to take MVP corparate codes either. ANyone had success in getting discounts for this hotel? Hotwire lists a 4* Arc de triumphe area north and it could be a hilton but dont want to chance it.
any tips appreciated
dealOCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 12, 1:08 pm   #2

Location: Back to the Buffalo. At least I'm close to Toronto.
Programs: Hilton, AA, SW, Delta
Many European hotels have rooms that will accomodate more than two adults but you often have to call the hotel directly to get decent rates for family rooms. It may also depend on what the ages of the "kids" are.

Depending when you will be in France can make a big difference in prices. I can imagine that this summer will be extemely high prices since the Olympics are in London. Lots of people making side trips.

What dates are you loking for?
Old Jul 15, 12, 1:52 pm   #3

Programs: Delta GM Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold AA Gold
Thank you for your response. I have emailEd a few hotels that said three people was the max. We have two adults a 12yo and a 2 yo
Need 1 night for thurs July 19-20
dealOCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 12, 2:52 pm   #4
Original Member

You may want to check the Citadines chain of apartment hotels. Usually queen bed and sleeper sofa in the apartments.
Old Jul 15, 12, 2:58 pm   #5
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
MVP codes tend to work in the USA.

The Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris hotel is apt to be pricy. You may want to check the Hilton at Charles de Gaulle airport, assuming you will be taking your overnight at CDG, and take the RER into town - the gare for the RER is less than a block from the Hilton CDG, walked quite easily. You might find some savings doing that, and they do, iirc, have sufficiently large bedroosm to take two adults, a child and a two year old.

I'd also suggest with a two year old, the lengthy bus and taxi (or still possibly lengthy and expensive taxi) ride to the Hilton ADT and back to the airport may not be so useful, as the property is in a largely residential neighborhood (lovely park nearby) with not much to do in the immediate vicinity for adults or a 12 year old. (The one night stopover period of time is a bit of a handicap for any genuine enjoyment of Paris, IMO - I'd want to take my kids to the Tuileries, etc. etc.