Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Change AFTER reservation but before staying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold

Hi All,

I am about to book a room as a Hilton Gold, and may get to Diamond by the time of my stay, I wanted to know if I would get the Diamond benefits for my stay applied automatically, or if I would have to call in to update the reservation?

Also - would this happen in the reverse too, where you could book a ton of reservations as your status was about to downgrade for future stays and keep the benefits you had at the time of booking?

Thanks,

BM
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
the status, that you have at check in, will count
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. I thought that things like Diamond suite upgrade may have been confirmed prior to arrival?

If so are you saying that they would adjust to a regular Gold perks rather than the suite/upgraded room of a Diamond if the check-in status of the person had dropped to gold?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I have a side question (would rather not open up a new thread again)...

What if the reservation was made by my SO a HH Blue, but at checkin I whipped out my HH Diamond card and asked for the perks - would we qualify or would my Diamond status not count as the rez was in her name?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
If so are you saying that they would adjust to a regular Gold perks rather than the suite/upgraded room of a Diamond if the check-in status of the person had dropped to gold?
that's what you should expect ... anything above is pure luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.