Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Wembley {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by lkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormuk

I'm quite a regular at this hotel; I've never taken breakfast in the lounge. Breakfast in the main restaurant is available for diamonds

Good point. What I should have said was breakfast in the restaurant was not presented to me as an option, but I understand that I could have probably demanded it. So I cannot say whether or not they would have given it to me -- sounds like they would have. Diamond recognition for me in general was poor -- no upgrade, no water in the room, and curtly told I could have breakfast in the lounge. We were in a hurry to catch a train in the morning, so the lounge was fine, but you're right that my report was not accurate.
As Gold I have always been offered to have breakfast in the restaurant without asking. Maybe the person checked you in have simply forgot to mention..
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:23 am

Just to confirm that Diamond & Gold can still have breakfast in the main restaurant. However, it was not mentioned until I asked.

I remember someone asked before, so just want to say that smoke salmon was available in the lounge breakfast this time, but not in the main restaurant.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
Just the facts

5 night stay. As a gold, did not get exec lounge access. Asking about breakfast, she had to ask her supv. Who confirmed breakfast in restaurant. Last 2 days, no maid service for room. Had to call down for extra towels and soap etc. each day. Left full trash can in hallway to be emptied. Still there. Never had a Hilton room go 2 days without maid service. Ever.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by bearkatt
Last 2 days, no maid service for room. Had to call down for extra towels and soap etc. each day. Left full trash can in hallway to be emptied. Still there. Never had a Hilton room go 2 days without maid service. Ever.
Wow. Was it noticeably slammed? Anything special going on? Still not excusable.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 4:55 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Wow. Was it noticeably slammed? Anything special going on? Still not excusable.
one thing I did notice, on weekdays, I would see a bunch of maid carts in the hallway as I was leaving to go out. on weekends, I saw very very few. I don't think it was a mistake that they missed my room. I just don't think they had the workers.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Hilton Wembley

We had a one night stay last night and found the Hotel smart with a lot of sports and celebrity memorabilia. check in was fine and status recognised no upgrade even though the hotel was very quite. We had to remind check in agent to get access to the Executive Lounge. Room was clean and well furnished. a quick visit to the lounge before dinner was okay usual cheese, crudités hot chicken wings and hot vegetarian offering, average Red and White wine 1 type of lager beer soft drinks teas and coffee. Dinner in the Icons Restaurant was of very good quality and would recommend highly and also superb service from all the staff. Breakfast in the lounge was also very good with Scrambled eggs bacon sausage mushrooms and beans, Cold selection included smoked salmon cheese salad cold meats and usual pastries cereals and preserves. all in all a very good stay.
John
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Have a stay booked here for tomorrow night, £112 - king guest room , 2x points booking......so far not preupgraded but it's still early days.......will do the usual live trip report.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum

One night stay. Booked King - got King exec, which was perfectly fine. Breakfast offered in restaurant as Diamond. Had a peak in the lounge. Was informed they have a 1-drink-policy regarding hard stuff. One has to order. Nice staff but the freeloaders on a saturday evening (wine and beer are excluded from the 1-drink-policy) are rather offputting. Would stay here again.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:26 pm

Now checked booking before bed, I'm upgraded to a king one bedroom suite, done online check in and we will see how it turns out tomorrow.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:33 am

......Arrived 1 -15pm......had to wait around 30 mins for room so went for a walk around the stadium........booked King guest room, preupgraded and received King suite .....it's very nice....huge living area, comfy bed , rain shower and big bath....so far no negatives except the air con is a little noisy.......had a quick look in lounge, no afternoon tea offering just cookies and apples......gonna relax for a bit, then gym/ sauna and swim......lounge later....will report back.....
Old Feb 14, 2016, 2:42 pm

......... So went to gym, it's fairly good.....then swim , sauna.....waste of time, packed with kids........ Then off to the executive nursery, kids everywhere.....

CANAPÉS- veg spring rolls, spicy chicken drumsticks and later croc monser....reasonable cheese board , crackers, and some garlic bread .

BEERS - only kronenberg.

WINE - red and white ( no fizzy )

Lounge was two thirds full, mainly with family's .....it's a huge lounge here and the male dragon was very friendly, kept topping our drinks up!.......even gave my lady a bottle of wine as we left because she lent him her lighter......arrived 6-20 pm left at 8 pm, lounge closes at 9 pm......not a relaxing evening with kids running around but I'm not gonna moan about it , I guess it's half term.
Now in room with a take away pizza......will report back in morning.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:43 am

Slept really well, bed super comfy , I'm in 789 ,it's very quiet this end.........popped in lounge just now to grab a coffee and it was empty, nobody there except staff.......now off for a swim then breakfast.........will report back!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:11 am

Swimming pool packed with kids, not very relaxing......breakfast was great, finished with coffee in lounge, lounge quiet.

CONCLUSION- I would return but not in half term!

NEXT STOP - Hilton Bournemouth ( tonight)

Last edited by wizla; Feb 15, 2016 at 9:59 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:48 am

I was here two years ago during a bank holiday weekend and it was overrun with kids. I fear Bournemouth could be the same if not worse tonight.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
wizla - keep up the good work!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.