FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Ealing {GBR} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1364985-doubletree-hilton-hotel-london-ealing-gbr.html)

JacqAirnes Jul 10, 2012 6:38 am

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Ealing {GBR}

Hi all

I am Jacq Airnes, Director of Sales at the London Ealing Hotel. We have recently joined Hilton as an affiliate and will re-brand after a £10M refurbishment in Sprint 2013. The good news is that we will be able to award Hilton points from around October 2012. I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the future! :)

fozziedoggie Jul 10, 2012 8:21 am

Thanks for the news. Can you post a link to your property web-site so we can explore location and other stuff now?

Circumknowitall Jul 10, 2012 8:25 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie (Post 18902466)
Thanks for the news. Can you post a link to your property web-site so we can explore location and other stuff now?

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...CDI/index.html

fozziedoggie Jul 10, 2012 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Circumknowitall (Post 18902495)

SWEET! Thanks for the prompt response.

FlyingDoctorwu Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

Originally Posted by JacqAirnes (Post 18901957)
Hi all

I am Jacq Airnes, Director of Sales at the London Ealing Hotel. We have recently joined Hilton as an affiliate and will re-brand after a £10M refurbishment in Sprint 2013. The good news is that we will be able to award Hilton points from around October 2012. I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the future! :)

Welcome to the family...

I know it's spelled "honour" in the Queen's english but Hilton worldwide has decided to brand its loyalty program as HHonors...

http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/app...ory&_ref=About

FDW

GVA Jul 11, 2012 3:34 am

Are all UK Ramada's transitioning to HHonor properties ? There sure seems to be a lot of them moving over, however it may just be that the properties all belong to the same company ?

I hope if this is the case it will also extend to some European properties.

WoodyWindy Jul 11, 2012 3:53 am

Looking at those links, I think I may have stayed there several years ago. Don't remember much, except that it was definitely a convenient location for that trip.

BotB Jul 11, 2012 4:06 am

Hi all

Welcome to FT JacqAirnes ^ , good to have you with us. Thanks for posting that information, I am sure you will get a lot of interest from the community. :)

jimthehorsegod Jul 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi all

Is the the ex-Ramada just off the North Circular?

russ1h Jul 11, 2012 2:50 pm

^^ yes it certainly is

Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod (Post 18911833)
Is the the ex-Ramada just off the North Circular?

jimthehorsegod Jul 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Outstanding

warreng24 Jul 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi all

Thanks for the information. Please let us know the exact date we will be able to earn HHonors points.

You'll definitely be getting my bookings.

squeeler Jul 12, 2012 6:17 pm

The old Caernarvon Hotel has a new pseudonym. This was the closest bar to my old flat in the '80s. There are some great pubs and curry houses within a short walk.

raikje Oct 8, 2012 8:02 am

The special no points warning on the booking page for this hotel has now vanished, replaced by "This hotel will be joining the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Spring 2013. London Ealing hotel rates are now inclusive of all taxes."

Does that mean they are now awarding points? Any experiences yet?

parvez Oct 8, 2012 10:57 am

Originally Posted by GVA (Post 18908275)
Are all UK Ramada's transitioning to HHonor properties ? There sure seems to be a lot of them moving over, however it may just be that the properties all belong to the same company ?

I hope if this is the case it will also extend to some European properties.

Don't know about the UK Ramada's, but here in the US, the Ramada brand has certainly been dying a very slow, decrepit, and painful death for at least a decade or so.

Haven“t seen one in years, that I'd ever consider staying at.

Looking at the brands that Wyndham Hotel Group (Parent of Ramada) has is like a trip down the memory lane of "has been's". Howard Johnson, Baymont Inn's and Suites (Where de-flagged Hampton Inn properties go to die), Knights inn, Days Inn, Travelodge, Super8.