Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I get a frozen screen (well one that spins in circles saying "loading" or something like that) when I first search for a revenue night and then click on the box that says "Use HHonors Points."
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Why won't the "Remember Me" box work anymore?

The "Remember Me" box used to work. Why won't it work anymore?

And for Pete's sake, how many times do we have to log in to conduct our business on the website?

Why are there more problems now than in the past? Could it be because one of Delta's website guys moved over to Hilton? And we all know how great the Delta website is.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sparksals
The Hilton site has been VERY slow to load lately. I have the same complaints as everyone else. It is not very user friendly.
This aspect is just absolutely unacceptable. There is also a problem when I check on rates at specific hotel that another window pops up with Room Key booking.

I am resorting to log into MVP site to get faster response.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmh flyer

And for Pete's sake, how many times do we have to log in to conduct our business on the website?
3 seems to be the key number.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
I personally like the new look and feel of the Hilton, HGI, etc. websites, and I've had success with checking the "Use HHonors Points" box after I get the list of rooms/rates and having the list dynamically updated. I guess I'm in the minority here.

However, like everyone I'm very frustrated by the constant error / system down messages. I am booking several reservations, both paid and points, for an upcoming trip and I have encountered these messages several times in the last week. Maybe if a site goes down once a year, or has a monthly scheduled maintenance, I might understand, but these messages come and go. I find that if I just keep trying in a few seconds, the error messages go away and then the booking goes through.

I also find it funny that the auto-fill search box for city only recognizes "Cracow, Poland" not "Krakow, Poland." And then when you accept "Cracow, Poland," it brings you to a page that tells you there's more than one city "Cracow, Poland" and "Krakow, Poland," asking you to select which one you mean. And finally when you get to the only HHonors property in Krakow, the name of the hotel is "Hilton Garden Inn Krakow"! Like what the earlier poster mentioned about Manchester UK, I'm curious to know what kind of directory the website pulls from, for these cities!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm not a techie, so I really don't know the answer to this question or even if it's a reasonable question...

Do companies "throw away" their old website when they get a new one? In other words, why don't they (and not just Hilton, many new websites have terrible growing pains) bring back the old one temporarily until they get the bugs worked out of the new?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm not a techie, so I really don't know the answer to this question or even if it's a reasonable question...

Do companies "throw away" their old website when they get a new one? In other words, why don't they (and not just Hilton, many new websites have terrible growing pains) bring back the old one temporarily until they get the bugs worked out of the new?
Forward and back wards compatibility can be a pain with a lot of applications. In addition to the User Interface (UI) there is the back-end processing and most likely a database that all need to be synchronized. It sounds easy to just roll-back to the previous version, but it may have taken weeks to get ready for the upgrade and flip the switch, but there is a lot more to it than that. One also hopes they have spent some time doing acceptance testing and getting user feedback before going live.

Kinda like driving, sometimes you can go around the block to bypass a construction zone, and there are times you just gotta wait for them to open a lane.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Another loss of functionality on the new web ...
I can't change my airline FF program. I usually stick with one airline program as primary, but do have a couple of secondary programs and some "parked" ones. Once a year or so, I credit an HHonors stay to one of the 2nd tier airline programs just to keep my miles active. The final reservation used to be pre-populated with whatever the last reservation had but you could always change it. Now, there's a "change guest details" link, but airline program isn't one of the things you can update

Add me to the list of folks you keep getting "profiles not available". At 1st I thot it was because I tend to book on Sunday evening. Evening in Arizona is late night out east, so assumed I was hitting their "planned downtime" each week. But it's really gotten bad lately. 3 different bookings now, I haven't been able to make it to the end of the process. And I'm talking "normal" hours and over the course of 2 weeks. Outages I can accept, constantly up and down with no repair in sight I can't.

The constant log-in requirement is years old and ridiculous.
The worst is when I'm directed to a sign-in page ... and completing that takes you to another sign-in page
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

No they keep them, they just never use the files. What they should throw away are the fake Google/Facebook programmers that were acquired from those companies.

Spock Seat. @:-)
Old Jul 27, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
My major complaint with the HHonors website is that when I'm looking at a list of properties in a location and click on "Map View" so i can see wehre they are in relation to where my meeting/actiive is going to be THE MAP NEVER APPEARS!!!
Just a blank space with a bunch of error messages for the Waldorf at the bottom of the page.
doesnt' matter whether i'm in firefox or explorer, so i know it's an issue at Hilton.
Fix your freaking website ya freakin' noobs.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Ha, I thought the map issue was unique to me. Same issue for me. To think I thought it was my fault. Website continues to frustrate.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA P, QFPM, EYG, HH D, PC PA
Try transferring points on the new website - has been giving error message for last 10 days!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyingzzzd's
Try transferring points on the new website - has been giving error message for last 10 days!
It's more like "for the last 2 months"....at least when I tried since mid May, always received an error message.
German website confirmed successful transfers during all that time...although no transfers were actually made.
Had to send an e-mail to their customer service every time to ask for the transfers to be done manually. At least that usually happened within 24hrs.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: AA, HH
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Forward and back wards compatibility can be a pain with a lot of applications. In addition to the User Interface (UI) there is the back-end processing and most likely a database that all need to be synchronized. It sounds easy to just roll-back to the previous version, but it may have taken weeks to get ready for the upgrade and flip the switch, but there is a lot more to it than that. One also hopes they have spent some time doing acceptance testing and getting user feedback before going live.

Kinda like driving, sometimes you can go around the block to bypass a construction zone, and there are times you just gotta wait for them to open a lane.
RogerD408, you are correct with the compatibility. If a user is updating their system software they are probably upgrading the servers as well. Most legacy systems are running on Window server 2000 or Windows server 2003, these are 32 bit operating systems. If they are upgrading software and hardware they will be going to Windows server 2008 which is a 64 bit operating system. If this is the case they will be migrating the Database to a 64 bit OS from the 32 bit OS. This is not easy to roll back once you have done it.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Hate this site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.