FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Whats with the comments in my bookings ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1364146-whats-comments-my-bookings.html)

mandc2000 Jul 7, 2012 2:14 pm

Whats with the comments in my bookings ?

Noticed that recently before confirming bookings that in my comments -

Doubletree Amsterdam - DO NOT MOVE ! RIVER VIEW

Hilton Canary Wharf London - TIMES NEWSPAPER VIP

Hilton Croydon - THIRD FLOOR ONLY - VIEW PREVIOUS ALLOCATION

Huh ?

Stayed at latter two only ....

chistery Jul 8, 2012 5:51 am

Are they right though? Do you ready The Times? Did you stay in Croydon before and have a thing for the third floor? As for Amsterdam, maybe they've allocated you a nice room and want to make sure someone else doesn't come along and allocate you something else.

sdsearch Jul 8, 2012 9:03 am

These are typically comments someone at the hotel puts in, meant to be read by another person at the hotel later on. It simply means the hotel has looked at your reservation, looked at your status, and made some decisions already about your room based on that, even though you don't have a specific room assigned yet.

Each hotel has their own way of phrasing these, often internal shorthand/codes, so it can be tricky to decode by you sometimes. But that's because they're not comments to you. It's just that they don't have any other field (not visible to you) to put these in, so you see them. (I've had that happen to me at other hotel programs, too, just Hiton HHonors.)

fptxenemit Jul 8, 2012 9:23 am

Originally Posted by mandc2000 (Post 18887190)
Doubletree Amsterdam - DO NOT MOVE ! RIVER VIEW

This is interesting. In all of my stays at the DT Amsterdam, I've had a city view and always assumed that this is the one they consider better (in fact, I certainly consider it better since it is one of the most beautiful views of Amsterdam). If the explanation that they consider "River View" a particularly nice room is right, I find this a bit confusing.

lsumegan Jul 8, 2012 7:30 pm

Can you specify where in your bookings you see these comments? Do you mean in your confirmations? If so, where? Thanks!

travelinfoo Jul 8, 2012 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by fptxenemit (Post 18890807)
This is interesting. In all of my stays at the DT Amsterdam, I've had a city view and always assumed that this is the one they consider better (in fact, I certainly consider it better since it is one of the most beautiful views of Amsterdam). If the explanation that they consider "River View" a particularly nice room is right, I find this a bit confusing.

I think a water view is considered desirable in Amsterdam, at least at SPG's Pulitzer. They charge extra for a canal view vs city view.

cfischer Jul 8, 2012 8:07 pm

I have had this before when the exec. concierge added notes which rooms they should assign me for my next stay. It's usually a good thing to have such notes in the booking.

BotB Jul 8, 2012 8:47 pm

I've also seen these comments and once when staying in a London UK hotel the staff forgot a sheet with allocations on that floor that day which had similar comments and were interesting to read...

What I gather is:

DO NOT MOVE = You are a diamond and they do not want to walk you...so if overbooked then move someone else..

Any paper or other items you have in your profile are listed so they know what to leave or bring, etc...

There was comments for your status level as well as for other info such as press member and rate code you had booked (award night or paid, etc...)

Hope this helps. sdsearch has it right, just info, not anything to get too excited about.

slidergirl Jul 9, 2012 10:36 am

there is a "Hidden" notes section for staff to add comments that won't be seen. On the folio screen, sometimes, you'll see "see Hidden" in the normal comments section. sometimes, I could imagine staff forgetting what they are exactly inputting and put things in the Comments section that should really go to "Hidden".
Sometimes, the "DO NOT MOVE" is there because there could be an amenity being delivered and the hotel doesn't want to play "chase the amenity" if a room move happens. Room assignments are subject to change right up until your checkin (an earlier check in has a room still dirty, but the FD will shuffle among same room types to accommodate), so perhaps they want to be sure that you get the exact room assigned.

lsumegan Jul 9, 2012 10:48 am

Originally Posted by slidergirl (Post 18896397)
there is a "Hidden" notes section for staff to add comments that won't be seen. On the folio screen, sometimes, you'll see "see Hidden" in the normal comments section. sometimes, I could imagine staff forgetting what they are exactly inputting and put things in the Comments section that should really go to "Hidden".
Sometimes, the "DO NOT MOVE" is there because there could be an amenity being delivered and the hotel doesn't want to play "chase the amenity" if a room move happens. Room assignments are subject to change right up until your checkin (an earlier check in has a room still dirty, but the FD will shuffle among same room types to accommodate), so perhaps they want to be sure that you get the exact room assigned.

So the comments are on the folio? Or is there somewhere else the OP could have seen them?

slidergirl Jul 10, 2012 9:53 am

Originally Posted by lsumegan (Post 18896473)
So the comments are on the folio? Or is there somewhere else the OP could have seen them?

That, I'm not sure of. Any comments that a guest puts in when they make a reservation show up in the comment section of the folio. I would assume that, if a guest looks up a reservation they have, those comments and any others added by staff would show up as well. Don't quote me on that - I'm just assuming things. Maybe I'm using "folio" wrong. I'm talking about the computer screen that shows up when the front desk calls up a name - has arrival/departure/name/address/room type/price/etc...

Crazyhotelguy Jul 11, 2012 6:42 am

Originally Posted by slidergirl (Post 18896397)

+1. In most of the hotels that I have worked in, DO NOT MOVE is universal code from a supervisor /manager to other staff that says.... This guest is assigned to this room for whatever reason(typically VIP). Do not reassign this guest for any reason without first consulting with the supervisor/manager.

These comments are typical, however it is unusual for a guest to see them.

sdsearch Jul 11, 2012 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by lsumegan (Post 18896473)

Originally Posted by slidergirl (Post 18903064)
Maybe I'm using "folio" wrong. I'm talking about the computer screen that shows up when the front desk calls up a name - has arrival/departure/name/address/room type/price/etc...

Folio typically refers to your checkout document. (As in, we'll email your folio, or download your folio starting a few days after checkout.)

So in that sense, no.

lsumegan, I believe the comments were seen simply be viewing a reservation online. Reservations online are not static; they can updated between the time you make them and your stay. So a comment field can be empty when you make the reservation, but if you go to print out shortly before your stay, you can notice comment the hotel put in in there.