Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Seattle - Bellevue {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Seattle - Bellevue {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Arrow Embassy Suites Seattle - Bellevue {US-WA}

I will be staying at this Embassy Suites this Fri and Sat night.

I will be picking up family from the airport after a 11 AM arrival on Saturday, and dropping them for a 9:30 AM departure on Sunday.

Mapquest states that it takes 21 minutes to drive between the 2 destinations (I presume that means normal, non-rush hour traffic?). The hotel agent stated that even on a weekend, it takes 60-90 minutes to travel between the 2 locations in either direction. Who is right?

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Jul 4, 2012 at 7:09 pm
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
I think 30m is reasonable. Won't be any traffic that early on Sunday. Saturday, depending on if there are large events happening in downtown Seattle, it could take a little longer. But I don't think it would take 90m unless there was an accident that closed the highway.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I guess that 60 minutes is more compatible with weekday, busy non-rush hour traffic, and 90 minutes is more compatible with weekday, busy rush hour traffic?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:11 pm

21 minutes will never happen, even in the best of traffic conditions.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AS MVP Gold
Bellevue to SEA shouldn't take more than 30 minutes, I lived in Redmond, which is even further out than Bellevue and on a weekday it took around 30 minutes. even on a week day you are going against traffic generally. barring any accidents or rain, 30 minutes on a weekend should be plenty.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
I stayed here last month, and it is having a refit, so there is loads of work going on during the day. Can't say how much better it is due to never staying there in the past.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Resurrecting this thread for a more recent stay experience, as in last night. The brand is standardized enough that it's easier for me just to mention a couple of aspects rather than do any sort of a review.

Location is pretty far out of downtown Bellevue, so that one would either need a car service or use their hourly local shuttle to get into downtown Bellevue. I registered for the 2 p.m. shuttle after obtaining a late check-out, with the driver ready to go when I arrived at the desk a few minutes early.

I didn't get any sort of upgrade from my one-bedroom King, but they seemed to be very busy, mostly families staying over the holidays. I did not go to the evening reception, finding the breakfast not as chaotic as I expected. Although the omelette line went fairly quickly, they were a bit behind with clearing tables, not refilling the apple juice dispenser, etc. Overall, not a bad experience for a fully booked property.

​​​​​I understand that some elites are very big on the snack amenity, so this is where they differentiate themselves from other Embassy Suites location in my experience. There were three cans of chilled soda waiting in the refrigerator, along with a generous snack assortment of chips and candy on the counter. Check-in clerk emphasized everything was complimentary except for the specialty water (with price tag).

I haven't been to this brand in quite a while, but I was not comfortable with the feeling that folks passing through in the hallway sounded as though they were in the room, as the living room was not very large.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:34 pm
PeS

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, BA Gold
And don’t forget the Higher Leaf just across the road next to Starbucks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.