Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 4, 12, 4:55 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,056
Can't find when Gold status expire?

Logged into my account over 10 times in last hour. i can't seem to find the expiration date of my Gold Status.

Can someone help before I pull all my hair out?


edit- solution is to call hilton honors

Last edited by metoo; Jul 4, 12 at 6:02 pm..
metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 12, 10:25 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Here, there, and everywhere
Programs: AA EXP (LTG), Hilton Silver (former Dia), Marriott Plat (LTG, former PP), SPG Gold (soon to be LTP)
Posts: 4,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Logged into my account over 10 times in last hour. i can't seem to find the expiration date of my Gold Status.

Can someone help before I pull all my hair out?


edit- solution is to call hilton honors
Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.
RogerD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 12, 11:34 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Posts: 234
When you earn your status it is valid for the balance of the current year and all of the following year. If you earned Gold this year it will expire at the end of 2013 if you don't reearn it. If you earned it last year then it will expire at the end of this year regardless of which month you earned it last year.

Hope this helps.
Materdei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 3:17 am   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: STL
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 12,951
My HHonors card with my status on it has an expiration date - in my case,
March, 2014.
gemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 9:17 am   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 11,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemac View Post
My HHonors card with my status on it has an expiration date - in my case,
March, 2014.
That helps only if/when they send you one.

I qualifed for Gold (via MVP Fast Track) in mid-April. No Gold HHonors card received yet, and it's July already.
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 10:42 am   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: STL
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 12,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
That helps only if/when they send you one.

I qualifed for Gold (via MVP Fast Track) in mid-April. No Gold HHonors card received yet, and it's July already.
There is a thread around here somewhere on this. When you signed up, if you asked not to get annoying emails and junk mail, they won't send you a card either. If you call in, you can get them to reset the field so you get the card (and the annoying emails and junk mail). Then you can request a new card and they will send it to you.
gemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 3:02 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: LH M&M, SK EB, UA MP, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Marriott Gold, A-Club Plat, PC Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold
Posts: 4,178
Thanks for the tip! I have now set everything to receive every possible junk mail from Hilton and request for a new card. I also email HHonors to request for a card.
__________________
No more programme "enhancements" please!
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 7:11 pm   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 11,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemac View Post
There is a thread around here somewhere on this. When you signed up, if you asked not to get annoying emails and junk mail, they won't send you a card either. If you call in, you can get them to reset the field so you get the card (and the annoying emails and junk mail). Then you can request a new card and they will send it to you.
Ok, I just called them, and they have no idea what I'm (you're) talking about. They see no field to reset. They are sending me a card (they say it will take 3 to 4 weeks to get to me, so I may not be able to report if I got it for a while).

And I'm confused too. I am getting emails from Hilton still, including one ""For members' eyes only: A sneak peek just for you"" on Jun 20 with first word about the Q3 promo that made me start this FT thread about it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-sep-30-a.html

(Plus some junk about Destination Specials on Jun 26, plus junk about escaping to a resort for 40% less on Jun 23, plus a more official Q3 promo on Jun 27, plus junk about new websites for each brand on Jun 10, etc, etc.)

This matches the preferences I have set on my MyWay email subscriptions page, with some of them enabled and others disabled.

So obviously I've not opted out of emails from them!

So I don't see offhand how this could be the reason why I didn't get a Gold card automatically.


Btw, first the phone system asked for my account number, and I punched it in, and then when I got to a live person and asked a question about my account, they said "how can I know, since I don't know your account number"!
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 12, 7:38 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Materdei View Post
When you earn your status it is valid for the balance of the current year and all of the following year. If you earned Gold this year it will expire at the end of 2013 if you don't reearn it. If you earned it last year then it will expire at the end of this year regardless of which month you earned it last year.

Hope this helps.
Does this apply to the Gold status that you get with Surpass AMEX card?
I got my Hilton Surpass card few months ago and paid the fee. However, I do not want to pay the fee next year. If I dowgrade my card to the no fee card, will my Gold status stay until the end of 2013?
JCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 12, 2:21 pm   #10
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,622
Your Honors Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Logged into my account over 10 times in last hour. i can't seem to find the expiration date of my Gold Status.

Can someone help before I pull all my hair out?


edit- solution is to call hilton honors
The apporpriate date is always on my Hilton Honors card they send.
DaddyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 12, 10:12 am   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 11,910
WHAT HHonors card??????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post
The apporpriate date is always on my Hilton Honors card they send.
If only they'd always send it automatically and quickly, this thread would not need to exist obviously!

(If you read above, about half of this thread is about them not always sending a card when you become Gold.)
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 12, 10:47 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Programs: Continental Platinum/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 6
Okay, not to beat a dead horse, but.....

My card says that my Diamond status expires March 2013 and I'm trying to plan a trip before then so I can use my points and [hopefully] get upgraded. My question is this: does my status expire on February 28th, March 1st, or March 31st? Since it doesn't specify a date in March, I'm hoping its March 31st. I have called the Diamond desk twice and have gotten two different answers.

Any help would be appreciated.
JeauxBleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 12, 10:23 am   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 11,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeauxBleaux View Post
I'm hoping its March 31st.
It is. All HHonors statuses expire March 31 of whatever year they expire. That's the HHonors status year: April 1 to March 31 (based on qualifcation January 1 to December 31).
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 12, 1:55 pm   #14
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MSP/PVG/SFO
Programs: DL KM, HH Diamond, IC Amb, Hyatt Diamond, NA EE
Posts: 14,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
It is. All HHonors statuses expire March 31 of whatever year they expire. That's the HHonors status year: April 1 to March 31 (based on qualifcation January 1 to December 31).
+1, expire end of March.
mnredfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 12, 3:13 am   #15
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: LH M&M, SK EB, UA MP, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Marriott Gold, A-Club Plat, PC Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold
Posts: 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
It is. All HHonors statuses expire March 31 of whatever year they expire. That's the HHonors status year: April 1 to March 31 (based on qualifcation January 1 to December 31).
My Gold card said 2014/03
__________________
No more programme "enhancements" please!
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 am.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.