Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Giardini Naxos, Sicily {ITA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 7:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So, haas anyone ever stayed here?

Have read that the lounge is MIA for the rest of this year and was wondering what was provided as an alternative.

In addition, the dates that I am looking at are such that the premium awards are priced ignificantly lower than the standard award room redemption rates. although I likely will not use points and the prices are also quite low.

Would appreciate knowledge on the resort and rooms and places to visit.

Thanks,

NJ
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Bump!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I didn't realize there was a Hilton on Sicily. Now I have someplace else I might go to with my HH points. In case you haven't done so already, look at reviews on tripadvisor.com, which are mostly favorable.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 1:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I didn't realize there was a Hilton on Sicily. Now I have someplace else I might go to with my HH points. In case you haven't done so already, look at reviews on tripadvisor.com, which are mostly favorable.
There are 2 Hiltons located on the island of Sicily. The above near Taormina and one in a very nice and upscale section of Palermo -- I always read T/A reviews and that is how I confirmed how nice an area the latter property is in.

Hopefully, someone here has stayed at this former Ramada property in Giardini Naxos.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

A year on, has anyone gone? The website continues to say no executive lounge, at least thru 2013.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
I'm planning a December trip to Sicily and am likely to stay at both Naxos & Palermo. So any info on either property welcome.

Also looking for a good hotel in Siracusa if anyone can recommend.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Can't believe there are no posts

Boh

Will be here next week - will give a mini TR

ciao
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by terminalfive
There are no posts because this place is a dump.

As one reviewer says -- a HINO (Hilton in Name Only).

Avoid!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...na_Sicily.html
Old Aug 9, 2013, 2:33 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Hilton Giardini Naxos -- Sicily, Italy

Now you're getting me worried...
Old Aug 9, 2013, 4:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
reading between the lines seems the only major issue is the air conditioning during the heat wave and perhaps a few service issues (where aren't there service issues?). Lots of tripadvisor reviewers love this place.

look forward to your report.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Exec, ANA, HHonours Diamond
Giardini Naxos is not in Taormina but rather down the hill next to the sea - the beach is poor and access to taormina is via cable car - with impressive views.

if visiting Taormina i would recommend the orient express hotel in Taormina - excellent location (forget the name of it)

Taormina is excellent to visit - majority of restraunts serve pizza and or swordfish. Wine by the jug - locally sourced and excellent.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:01 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by terminalfive

Boh

Will be here next week - will give a mini TR

ciao
Please do if you stay. It's one option for me in December.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 11:24 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Smile

I will be staying at Giardini Naxos Hilton for 4 nights starting August 30th. I have been checking reviews on Tripadvisor, and the only negative I am worried about is the inadequate air conditioning. I have been in contact with them, and I have been assured that I will have a fan in my room, and we have been upgraded already to a "Plus" room. They offered a larger room, but it only has one bed and I am travelling with a friend, so we opted for the Plus room with direct sea view.

Be sure to contact the hotel. They are extremely kind and willing to offer U/Gs right away. I am now only Gold, but that was good enough!

Most of the negative comments were when the temperature was in the 90's and did not cool down below 80 at night.

I will post after our stay, but I am expecting it to be a wonderful start to our Italy vacation!!!
Old Oct 20, 2013, 4:27 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cat22
I will be staying at Giardini Naxos Hilton for 4 nights starting August 30th. I have been checking reviews on Tripadvisor, and the only negative I am worried about is the inadequate air conditioning. I have been in contact with them, and I have been assured that I will have a fan in my room, and we have been upgraded already to a "Plus" room. They offered a larger room, but it only has one bed and I am travelling with a friend, so we opted for the Plus room with direct sea view.

Be sure to contact the hotel. They are extremely kind and willing to offer U/Gs right away. I am now only Gold, but that was good enough!

Most of the negative comments were when the temperature was in the 90's and did not cool down below 80 at night.

I will post after our stay, but I am expecting it to be a wonderful start to our Italy vacation!!!
Just booked for May 2014. Would be really interested on your thoughts with this property.

Thanks

Obs
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
My nephew and sister are there tonight and tomorrow; I will ask them to comment so we can get some more info when they return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.