Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Giardini Naxos, Sicily {ITA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Giardini Naxos, Sicily {ITA} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
did anyone ever get round to staying here ?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:01 am
Suspended

Bump Re: recent reviews?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:59 am

...same question...no one there recently?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by Dora&Diego
...same question...no one there recently?
Let's see....Sicily.....possibility (however slight) of less than glowing reviews....kneecaps......concrete.....
Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:18 am
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Hi,
I stayed here for a week leaving on 5th June 2014. The hotel is very clean with an impressive lobby. We had a sea facing family room which cost £570 for the week for 2 adults and 2 children. Gold and Diamond members got breakfast free. There was no extra for the children who also got free breakfast. The breakfast was fine, but not as good a selection as other European or even Italian Hiltons, such as the Sorrento Palace. There is no executive lounge at the hotel. Staff told me they will be getting a lounge by April 2015. Gold and Diamond members got free wi fi and free coupons to redeem at the bar. I got 8 coupons a day which I thought was pretty good. The coupons were for soft drinks, however the staff were very accommodating. The bar also has a patisserie and ice cream bar. I was allowed to use the vouchers for cakes, ice cream and hot drinks. On an evening the bar manager was super helpful and I managed to even get wine using the vouchers. On a few occasions he gave me some vouchers back. Over the week this saved me a considerable amount of money. Needless to say, on my last night I left him a good tip... The staff at the hotel were very helpful and were able to book horse riding for my daughter which was nearby and golf for me. The hotel has a lovely private beach, however it was €10 per sun lounger per day. The hotel pool was very well maintained and there was no charge for the sun loungers around the pool. They provide pool towels at €2 per towel, however there is no charge for Gold and Diamond members. The hotel has a spa and I was given 2 vouchers for free access. Outside the hotel there are a number of restaurants of varying standard. They are much cheaper than eating in the Hilton. We used restaurant pizzeria de margarita on 4 nights. It has very good reviews on trip advisor and was better than the others we had tried. It was a 2 minute walk from the hotel and next to where the Hilton park your car.
I would recommend having a car if you intend to go to places further away like mount Etna. The coach to Etna cost €34 per person and you leave early at 0830 and the coach Leaves Etna at 1630. There is a bus service to Toarmina which is €2 and takes 15 minutes. I drove everywhere and had a minibus as there was six in our overall party. I know the Italians have a reputation for driving, but I found the roads easy to navigate. The roads up to Etna are wide and in May it was very quiet. It may be busier on the roads in the summer. The drive from Catania airport to the hotel took 50 minutes and was mostly on auto route/motorway whatever you like to call it. The island was very beautiful but I would say 1 week is enough.

Regards

Obs
Old May 30, 2016, 1:04 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Spent two nights here last week on points in a corner suite on the 6th floor (great views of Etna and the beach). Really extortionate points rate, compared to Hawaii, etc but the basic rooms are much cheaper. It's only when you hit the suites that the rates multiply by 10 (I could stay for two weeks in Hawaii for what I paid for two nights here, but as I have gazillions of points I don't care too much).

The staff are really nice, and tried to upgrade me to a duplex (but there was no Etna view so I declined!). Breakfast buffet is excellent, but beware that the local Sicilian breakfast is not on offer every day, only when the chef can be bothered.

Hotel was clean, except for our bathroom which had the last occupants' pee stains all over the floor around the loo, and we would go back there again, probably in a cheaper room.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Anyone recently in Sicily?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:41 am

Spending 2 nights here on a driving tour of Sicily in March. Diamonds get upgrade, free breakfast, fruit basket and 2 drink coupons per day good for house wine beer or soft drink at bar
Parking 12 Euros a day, a guarded lot half a block away on side street.
Huge elegant hotel, cardiology conference just over when we arrived. Off-season, there were a good number at breakfast. Breakfast was excellent Sicilian breakfast with view.
Beautiful room with sea view, only downside is small bathroom.
Beach is lava stone, not my favorite, beautiful large pool, but too cool to swim.
Heavy fog the first day, couldn't see for than 10 feet, locals call it lupo di mare.
Taormina is 30 min drive, 50 cent toll, takes less than two hours to visit greek theater and town.
Superstore Deo grocery is only 5 minutes drive away, left on SS114. Gastronomy paradise!
Only 26K points a night. Glad we stopped here, nice break in our trip.

Last edited by walterj; Mar 25, 2017 at 5:50 am
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
We were there for 5 nights at the beginning of May. We had a similar experience to walterj, except our weather was near perfect.

Other items of note.

Had must moved up to Diamond the week before our arrival. Original res was made while I was gold. I had called before we arrived to confirm status was on the res. They didn't initially have it but were able to see it after looking for it. Not sure if that affected our room as we were given an 'upgraded' room but no suite. Claimed they were quite full, but out room faced the sea and most of the rooms had no lights on during the evening. Overall the room was nice and had a great view of the beach and sea.

FYI, sign at the front door saying 'no outside food or drinks allowed'. I can confirm that the bellmen will stop you and tell you to store it in your car. I've only seen this type of sign at one other hotel I've stayed at (in Morocco). Pretty unrealistic, when you consider one of the great things about Italy is the local food markets etc. Or if you just have pizza left over from dinner and want to take it back to the room.

Overall a nice hotel and if you are looking to use points at a major chain, then next closest is going to be BW. Not a great base for seeing Sicily, which we knew when we decided to stay for 5 days, but at the same time most of the main sites are within 3 hours of the hotel. We did do a lot of driving, found even the back roads were in good shape.

ETA - the internet was pretty suspect. Initially could get logged on, then after 11pm no connection on several nights.

Last edited by deac83; Jun 10, 2017 at 10:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.