Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Dear Hampton Inn: Put a trash can next to the wafflemakers. Thank you.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2012, 7:14 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

My most recent Hampton stay had the trash all the way across the room. Consequently, the wafflemaker area was littered with used cups o' goo.

And if you'd bring back biscuits and gravy while you're at it....
Old Jun 23, 2012, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Should we understand this to be a repeat of a communication you made directly to Hilton corporate offices?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 8:26 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

I suppose you're welcome to understand that if you wish.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Should we understand this to be a repeat of a communication you made directly to Hilton corporate offices?
This seems like an issue for which a suggestion to the local hotel management would have more immediate, effective results than getting corporate involved.

I thought biscuits and gravy were back -- they were available in Oneonta, New York, weekend before last.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:23 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:39 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
I swear, if next week I have to buy another $750 garbage can because of this post...

A bucket from Home Depot will work. Put a white liner in it and almost no one will know.

(I can not believe that I am posting is a "Garbage can next to waffle maker" thread. Shows how boring my life is.)
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trainman74

I thought biscuits and gravy were back -- they were available in Oneonta, New York, weekend before last.
In another thread, I was told that they are indeed now indeed part of the brand standard options.

But I've only seen them once in the last year and that was at a property that flouted the the Gods of Sysco by having a staff member actually make gravy from scratch and bring it from home. Yum!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: DL, BA, AA, UA, HHonors, PC
Option B: Please Hilton put wafflemakers next to trash can for easier trash access.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by trainman74
Missing in Pennsville, NJ last weekend.

However, there were 2 trash cans near the waffle station, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold

Oh the little things!

While your working on the trash can, please also regularly have peach yogurt. I know Hilton must have a vested interest in strawberry yoplait, buy I'm sure there is an ag tax exemption to have a peach tree on an Atlanta property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.