Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

favorites for hilton for snorkeling/scuba?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

is conrad maldives good for snorkeling/scuba?

what are other favorites?

thanks
Old May 23, 2012, 6:31 pm

I would consider Hilton Taba in Sinai. If you don't want to stay in Egypt, it's no problem to walk across the border from Eilat and stay at the Hilton Queen of Sheba hotel. I believe we used Aqua Sport to arrange our snorkeling trip, and they did take us to one place in the Red Sea that was spectacular.
Old May 24, 2012, 2:01 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
The diving around Hilton Waikoloa village is really good.

If I remember correctly we booked with Red Sail Sports. The old lava tubes and coral formations around the big island are amazing. Just don't stand on the reef like one idiot in our group did. I was so pissed to look over and see him standing on the coral screwing around with his dive computer or BC or whatever ...

Last edited by KenTarmac; May 24, 2012 at 2:06 am
Old May 24, 2012, 2:16 am

Hilton Arcadia Phuket,Thailand.The diving on the Similan Islands is just fantastic.Dive shop at the front of the hotel is very helpful.^
Old May 24, 2012, 2:46 am

Hilton in Moorea. Especially from an OWB. Truly awesome.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Conrad Maldives is fantastic but does kind of depend on what you are comparing it against.

The scuba is great, and at the right time of the year you have a good chance of seeing Manta and Whale sharks...if you like the bigger stuff.

Personally I dont think the reefs are as exciting as some parts of the World, but I am comparing against some of the Worlds best diving.....Galapagos, Cocos Islands, Sulawesi....so perhaps not fair.

I have logged over 700 scuba dives, have been to Conrad the last 4 years in a row, dive twice a day every day for 2 weeks, and still love it :-)
Old May 24, 2012, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
Conrad Maldives is fantastic but does kind of depend on what you are comparing it against.

The scuba is great, and at the right time of the year you have a good chance of seeing Manta and Whale sharks...if you like the bigger stuff.

Personally I dont think the reefs are as exciting as some parts of the World, but I am comparing against some of the Worlds best diving.....Galapagos, Cocos Islands, Sulawesi....so perhaps not fair.

I have logged over 700 scuba dives, have been to Conrad the last 4 years in a row, dive twice a day every day for 2 weeks, and still love it :-)
well that speaks volumes, thanks. we would love to go there, sounds spend even with miles, but its a dream of ours.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ollieinmelbourne
Hilton in Moorea. Especially from an OWB. Truly awesome.
Thanks, we have this on our list too, could you snorkel from your OWB? or do you need to take a boat out somewhere? is the diving better than snorkeling? i always heard the water was colder there than say the carribean. thanks for writing.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:31 am
Original Poster

is the snorkeling easy access from the resort or do you need to do a boat ride for snorkeling and or diving?
Old May 24, 2012, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rapidex
Hilton Arcadia Phuket,Thailand.The diving on the Similan Islands is just fantastic.Dive shop at the front of the hotel is very helpful.^
is there snorkeling from Hilton Arcadia Phuket or would we need to plan on getting on a dive boat or snorkeling boat? thanks, great idea.
Old May 24, 2012, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
The diving around Hilton Waikoloa village is really good.

If I remember correctly we booked with Red Sail Sports. The old lava tubes and coral formations around the big island are amazing. Just don't stand on the reef like one idiot in our group did. I was so pissed to look over and see him standing on the coral screwing around with his dive computer or BC or whatever ...
thanks, hawaii is a realistic option for us since we live in CA, will check this out
Old May 24, 2012, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrColdShower
I would consider Hilton Taba in Sinai. If you don't want to stay in Egypt, it's no problem to walk across the border from Eilat and stay at the Hilton Queen of Sheba hotel. I believe we used Aqua Sport to arrange our snorkeling trip, and they did take us to one place in the Red Sea that was spectacular.
thanks, i see they have some all inclusive hilton hotels in egypt that seem to offer good snorkeling or diving. was there any good snorkeling from the resort or did you have to go on a boat? we love the idea of having it just in front so we can have that flexibility, but often the best snorkeling is further away,and then most diving is better off a boat. thanks for writing.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by silviar
thanks, i see they have some all inclusive hilton hotels in egypt that seem to offer good snorkeling or diving. was there any good snorkeling from the resort or did you have to go on a boat? we love the idea of having it just in front so we can have that flexibility, but often the best snorkeling is further away,and then most diving is better off a boat. thanks for writing.
The Blue Hole of Dahab has incredible snorkling/diving about 100 ft from shore, up to 300 ft deep. It is a little over an hour drive north from the hotels in Sharm including several HH options.
Old May 24, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
You can snorkel or scuba on the house reef direct from the island, but I've never done that.

I've only ever gone on boat trips to dive sites 5mins to 45mins from The island. They post a schedule before everyday so you know what is planned and can decide if you want to make the trip or not.

I hear the house reef snorkelling is very good.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

Deepd1ver7, have you been to any other islands with chain hotels on them (i.e., Westin, Hyatt, Sheraton)? How does the diving compare?

I have points in several groups and trying to figure out where to go.

(PS How does it compare to Moorea? (if you know)).

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.