Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

100K Honors points for $495, good deal?

Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, Amex HHonors Surpass, HHonors Gold

Just got this from Amex:

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...f-Hilton2night

$550 for 100K HHonors points, or $495 if you use any Amex card to pay for it. Good deal or not? By my calculation, that comes to $0.00495/point.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:31 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ying-amex.html
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:32 pm

I was just about to post this. There are there three total options actually all for the same per point cost ($0.00495/point):

100K for $550 ($495 for AmEx card 10% discount)
150K for $825 ($742.50 for AmEx card 10% discount)
250K for $1375 ($1237.50 for AmEx card 10% discount)

You could essentially "buy" an AXON award for the 150K points or $825 which would work out to about $200 per night.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
I'd love to know if this is a killer deal or not? Being a newbie I honestly don't know. I am leaning towards the 250k deal but want to know from others with more experience if this is indeed a really good deal and to good to pass up.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
I'd love to know if this is a killer deal or not? Being a newbie I honestly don't know. I am leaning towards the 250k deal but want to know from others with more experience if this is indeed a really good deal and to good to pass up.
Take a look at some of the other threads on the same subject -- then try booking some of the locations you're thinking about staying at.... and see how things compare...

Most of us value Hilton points at a half cent each -- and if you stay on points, you'll earn credit towards elite status, but no points... and by combining some promos I just got well over 10,000 points for a three night stay at a Hampton..

Bob H
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Apprec the info! I'll try and delve more into the search function and maybe start a new thread.

Last edited by aspenedelen; Apr 24, 2012 at 6:29 pm
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: HHGOLD, IC PLAT AMB, GHA PLAT
only thing is: "Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and must be a Hilton HHonors member to participate"

for non US res: if you change your country on your HHonors profile page, would it work?

Someone want to give it a go?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Interpol
Just got this from Amex:

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/O...f-Hilton2night

$550 for 100K HHonors points, or $495 if you use any Amex card to pay for it. Good deal or not? By my calculation, that comes to $0.00495/point.
Given that you're in the USA (per your profile) and can thus churn this (no annual fee) card:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...nors-visa.html

getting that card twice (either at the same time or a few months apart) will cost you nothing (except the lost points/miles of the required minimum spend not going to another card).

Compared to that, paying $495 for the same amount of points sounds like a horrid deal!

(DiscoverAmerica deals may make sense for those programs that don't have a churnable credit card, but since HHonors is a program that does have a churnable credit card, I'm not sure why buying points that are just 2x the signup bonus for $500ish would even be under consideration! Gosh, even paying half that would not seem like a good deal compared to churning the Citi HHonors Visa...)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.