Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Barcelona {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I am a Hilton nobody and due to 2 events happening in Barcelona over the May 2-31 weekend had to book on Expedia(unpublished rate) at CA$290 for 2 nights.

Now when I booked it said 2 people, but I have my niece with me as well. How strict is this property with the number of people in the room?
Should not be a problem, but I presume you will need a roll-away bed, for which there will be an extra charge. Enjoy Barcelona!
Old May 26, 2015, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sbams
Should not be a problem, but I presume you will need a roll-away bed, for which there will be an extra charge. Enjoy Barcelona!
Perfect thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Cash&points rate

I booked three nights using Cash&points rate, which was 12.000 p. + 45 € (Best flex rate 159 €), so I consider the redemption value to be fairly decent (9,4 € per 1000 p.).

Will HH Gold's get a lounge access in this facility or just the breakfast in a restaurant? Based on the pictures the EL looks super small, but how about the offerings?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
I booked three nights using Cash&points rate, which was 12.000 p. + 45 € (Best flex rate 159 €), so I consider the redemption value to be fairly decent (9,4 € per 1000 p.).

Will HH Gold's get a lounge access in this facility or just the breakfast in a restaurant? Based on the pictures the EL looks super small, but how about the offerings?
Sometimes they give lounge access to HHGold, sometimes not.
The EL is small like a double room, but they use the atrium in front too.
Offers are not really great: Red and white Wine, Beer and some snacks, also something hot like chicken skewers.

All in all: It is ok, but not my favorite Hilton in Europe.
Go to Calle Argenteria and taste some tapas!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by flysmart2
Sometimes they give lounge access to HHGold, sometimes not.
The EL is small like a double room, but they use the atrium in front too.
Offers are not really great: Red and white Wine, Beer and some snacks, also something hot like chicken skewers.

All in all: It is ok, but not my favorite Hilton in Europe.
Go to Calle Argenteria and taste some tapas!
Is this still accurate? Very few recent posts on this hotel.
I am Hhonors Diamond-- I have a very good rate here, Eur83, after a BRG. I could stay at the Doubletree Alexandra for Eur103, with a closer location to my preferred activities. Which would you choose? Thanks for any advice.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond
From the Hilton it takes 5 Minutes to the Metro and 15 Minutes from there to the City Centre.
I would choose the Doubletree Alexandra - if a lounge is dispensable for you.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by flysmart2
From the Hilton it takes 5 Minutes to the Metro and 15 Minutes from there to the City Centre.
I would choose the Doubletree Alexandra - if a lounge is dispensable for you.
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I usually like a lounge but I have friends staying in the Eixample area so would be nice to just be walking instead of taking public transit everywhere.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:46 am

Update regarding the transportation;
the new metro L9S from the Airport (both terminals) takes you to Zona Universitaria, where you'll have to change to L3 and get off at Maria Christina.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:32 am

I arrived to Hilton from CP BCN (where I was upgraded to a suite with lounge access) and the change was very harsh, No upgrade/no Exec lounge (even though I asked), so don't expect to receive any special treatment at this facility if you are just a lowly HHonors Gold.

Location is a bit far from the centrum, however the metro L3 takes you there quickly.
To/from the airport; Aerobus and metro is more faster than the new metroline L9S.

The rooms are very basic, standard and clean, but nothing extra. Not even a coffee maker in the room. No pool. A disappointing experience, next time I will definitely choose an another hotel when I'm in BCN.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
I arrived to Hilton from CP BCN (where I was upgraded to a suite with lounge access) and the change was very harsh, No upgrade/no Exec lounge (even though I asked), so don't expect to receive any special treatment at this facility if you are just a lowly HHonors Gold.

Location is a bit far from the centrum, however the metro L3 takes you there quickly.
To/from the airport; Aerobus and metro is more faster than the new metroline L9S.

The rooms are very basic, standard and clean, but nothing extra. Not even a coffee maker in the room. No pool. A disappointing experience, next time I will definitely choose an another hotel when I'm in BCN.
think I saw a similar review on TA

Just wondering how good is the Exec Lounge (Diamond) ? Is it worth EUR30 per day as the rate at the nearby DT (no lounge) is lower than the Hilton by that amount.

Anyone who has stayed at both properties care to share their thoughts in terms of room, location and HHonors recognition ?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wantan

Just wondering how good is the Exec Lounge (Diamond) ? Is it worth EUR30 per day as the rate at the nearby DT (no lounge) is lower than the Hilton by that amount.
DT is a better property in a better location. That price differential is a fluke; most of the time the DT is priced higher. EUR30 will get you a very pleasant evening meal in Barcelona and of course you get breakfast in both places with status.

The Hilton's lounge is nothing special and elite benefits are minimal. I did not notice any different between the standard rooms and the one I was allocated as a Diamond.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
Just booked an award stay for 5 nights in September for my birthday. The reviews seemed mixed nevertheless, I am looking forward to my trip and stay.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
While I am the kind of person that loves to spend time in executive lounges on leisure stays, Barcelona is the last city where I would choose to spend time in an executive lounge. Plenty of places in town where you can have a nice cocktail, GT or bottle of cava for just a few euros. I would also choose the Doubletree. No lounge but a better location than the 2 Hiltons (even though in summer the seaside Hilton isn't that bad).
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
DT is a better property in a better location.
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I would also choose the Doubletree. No lounge but a better location than the 2 Hiltons (even though in summer the seaside Hilton isn't that bad).
Beyond the location, would you be able to further substantiate this? The latest posts over on the thread for the DT are not positive at all. Moreover, that property doesn't seem to have any standard King rooms available for cash or award redemptions - all king rooms are labeled "superior" or "deluxe" and thus are priced higher in either cash or points. Hhonors representative posted over on that thread that they were "working on" the lack of king availability in summer 2014 .

Twin or single room redemptions at the DT are 50k points/night, whereas king redemptions at either the Hilton or the Diagonal Mar are 30k/night. Both have lounges. The Hilton Barcelona is 2.8 km from the DT. So, aside from this location difference, what is the advantage of the DT? Truly curious and hoping to get some further info here because across the 3 properties it looks like I'm going to end up with the lesser of evils - though not being able to really book into a king at the DT is sort of a deal-breaker.

Addendum: Also, why does this property (Hilton BCN) have a big red disclaimer across the time of its website saying "Superior rooms are limited. In order to guarantee your preference, book and confirm the room type you wish to receive upon check-in", when according to the website there is no room type called "superior" listed? Do they mean executive? Is this basically the property saying "we don't do upgrades"?

Last edited by arlflyer; Mar 30, 2016 at 8:22 am
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
DT is a better property in a better location. That price differential is a fluke; most of the time the DT is priced higher. EUR30 will get you a very pleasant evening meal in Barcelona and of course you get breakfast in both places with status.

The Hilton's lounge is nothing special and elite benefits are minimal. I did not notice any different between the standard rooms and the one I was allocated as a Diamond.
Originally Posted by Delectatio
While I am the kind of person that loves to spend time in executive lounges on leisure stays, Barcelona is the last city where I would choose to spend time in an executive lounge. Plenty of places in town where you can have a nice cocktail, GT or bottle of cava for just a few euros. I would also choose the Doubletree. No lounge but a better location than the 2 Hiltons (even though in summer the seaside Hilton isn't that bad).
thank you ! shall leave my reservation solely at the DT in that case

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.