Hilton Gdansk {POL}

Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:02 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Arrow Hilton Gdansk {POL}

Hi Flyertalkers,

have searched and could not find any new infos about the Hilton Gdansk, Poland property.

I look for any recent experiences with this property incl. how was the room, the service, the location, how to get to the train station for a visit to Sopot and how was the Diamond treatment at this Hilton location.

How are the amenities at this hotel eg. Spa, restaurant, breakfast etc.?

The hotel is fairly new and to my information does not have an executive lounge is this right? What's the best way from Gdansk airport to the hotel?

Will be at the property in April 2012 and hope to gather some useful information before our visit.

Thanks to all on FT!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:29 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Google Hilton Gdansk with results as Images, and you will see plenty of photos, interior and exterior, to begin to give you an idea. The hotel is situated on the banks of the Motlawa river, and it seems situated well for easy walking. Lech Walensa airport in Robiechowo is 9 miles away, the hotel pages (which are somewhat instructive) say PLN 80 - 150 (depending on taxi or limo) and PLN 1 for bus. It does not appear to have a lounge.

Less than 1 mile from RR station, see Google Maps here.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 24, 2012 at 9:07 pm Reason: argh - typoes!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:03 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by JDiver
Google Hilton Gdansk with results as Images, and you will see plenty of photos, interior and exterior, to begin to give you an idea. The hotel is situated on the banks of the Vltava / Motlawa roiver, and it seems situated well for easy walking. Lech Walensa airport in Robiechowo is 9 miles away, the hotel pages (which are somewhat instructive) say PLN 80 - 150 (depending on taxi or limo) and PLN 1 for bus. It does not appear to have a lounge.

Less than 1 mile from RR station, see Google Maps here.
Thanks for all your great infos, have visited the Hilton Gdansk webpage, a gorgeous hotel, a great location, sadly no executive lounge!

Hope that someone here on FT has stayed at the property and can give first hand insights and experiences with this hotel.

Thanks again JDiver also for the Google Map link!

Cheers and safe travels!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:05 pm

I think this is very nice, rather small hotel. I have been there a couple of times already. I have got just one room upgrade on my four stays there (as Diamond) so rather do not count on that (unless I am simply without luck here).

I have only stayed in the rooms overlooking Moltawa river. Those rooms are nice and have very nice view. But those are their superior rooms I think. I am not sure about other rooms but they must have definitively worse view. There is nice swimming pool, sauna and steaming room (but no Jacuzzi). Also there is some (I think) SPA centre (never used that one).

Very large selection of food during breakfast. Usually some sparkling wine is available which I enjoy whenever I can.

There is just one restaurant (with good food but I recommend also going out for diner) and one bar at top level of the hotel. There is no executive lounge.

The hotel location in Gdansk is very good. Very close to old town in Gdansk with plenty option for good food and some sightseeing. The train station (the one which can take you to Sopot) is also near by (less than 30 mins by foot).

There should be bus from the airport to that train station so you may save some money on taxi if you do not mind longer travel and some walking.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
There you go, uggboy! And thanks, anwan!

Safe and enoyable travels. It has been a while since I was in Gdansk - I suspect you will enjoy it.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:07 pm

You can take a public bus from the airport to the main train station (line 210) or airportbus (http://mpapoland.pl/news/1/47). Airportbus is 9,9 zł and 210 is 3,6 zł.

Originally Posted by uggboy
Hi Flyertalkers,

have searched and could not find any new infos about the Hilton Gdansk, Poland property.

I look for any recent experiences with this property incl. how was the room, the service, the location, how to get to the train station for a visit to Sopot and how was the Diamond treatment at this Hilton location.

How are the amenities at this hotel eg. Spa, restaurant, breakfast etc.?

The hotel is fairly new and to my information does not have an executive lounge is this right? What's the best way from Gdansk airport to the hotel?

Will be at the property in April 2012 and hope to gather some useful information before our visit.

Thanks to all on FT!
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: HH gold, Marriott PLT, LH FTL, A3 *G, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, Mileage+ Silver, TK Elite
Recent stay

Just came back from a stay at the Hilton Gdansk.
Beautiful hotel on an excellent location in Gdansk and easy to walk anywhere you want to go in the old city center.

On arrival I was upgraded to a river view room (Hhonors gold) which has a beautiful view. I had free breakfast as a gold member and the breakfast was good. On the 5th floor you have the health club and there is a 'rooftop' restaurant/bar with beautiful views over the river and extremely good cocktails :-)

The swimming pool with sunbathing area is next door to the bar so don't expect any sunbathing privacy ;-)

The (riverview) rooms have a small glass balcony that fit one person. The room itself is spacious and has a seating area. Where you can relax or watch TV. Small working space with an overall good WIFI internet connection.

Parking is possible at the hotel (around 100 zloty per day) 29 dollars or something like that. A little steep in my opinion as I paid last week 26 dollars for Norfolk and 40 for Washington DC ;-) but you can park in front of the hotel for about 3 zloty per hour (coins only)

The staff is very friendly and helpfull and they thanked me for coming as gold member etc etc.

I can recommend it to anyone visiting Gdansk !
cheers
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
My experience as a Diamond was not so positive. I've been there twice, even had two rooms booked - and not one of them was upgraded. They didn't even seem to know that there is such a concept of Diamond members being upgraded. No welcome gift in the room, no perks of any kind, except for the free breakfast. Had to complain about not being credited the correct number of points the first time - the second time, I didn't get any points at all and had to argue with the Diamond desk until at last, months later, they gave them to me (39,000 so it was really worth fighting for them).

This is a beautiful hotel and the terrace is wonderful, I agree, but it is probably better for people who are not HHonors members, as their consistent ignoring of the whole program spoilt the stays, at least for me.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
Hampton Inn near airport

Next month I am staying in the Hilton Gdansk. But since I will arrive in Gdansk around midnight I was considering to stay at the Hampton Inn at the Gdansk airport for my first night.
Does anyone have info about this hotel?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; IHG Spire Elite
Last summer, upon arrival into the empty lobby, I was acknowledged as a Gold and given keys to a room that was presented as an "upgrade." When I went into the room, it was small and had a parking lot view. I called downstairs and asked for another room. Someone came upstairs and showed me another room with an even worse view and smaller yet. I asked and was then shown a room on the 5th floor where the bar and pool are located. A better room, but no river view- just another terrible view into another building. If you can score a river view, that would be great. Most all the other rooms have terrible views, at least from those I went into. The pool is wonderful and warm, as is the steam room. You can easily walk from the train station to the hotel and to the Solidarity site and underground museum. Ultra modern hotel in a historic city.
Old May 28, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Do Diamonds get upgraded to suites here?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:05 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Excellent location, very good service

Hilton Gdansk

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Hilton Gdansk

Targ Rybny 1 Gdansk, PL 80-838

Excellent location, very good service (5 Photos)

Hilton Gdansk

20160708_213909_resized.jpg

Check In

I had booked two rooms for five days on points. We were not upgraded to River View Rooms, but I didn't really expect that. Check-in was quick and efficient, hotel features and amenities were explained and my HH status was acknowledged etc. Hotel has only five floors. and basically only the rooms facing the river have a good view.

View of the inner courtyard.

20160708_192753_resized.jpg

Room

Both rooms had a king bed and were larger than entry-level rooms in most European Hiltons. Everything looked to be pretty new and in good shape. No Nespresso machine, unfortunately, only water boiler and instant coffee. Bathroom had both shower stall and a bath tub. View was to the house/courtyard next door.

20160707_202413_resized.jpg

Service

Very good. Mostly young staff, mostly good English skills. Staff at the restaurant Mercato and High 5 Terrace Bar (on the fifth floor, cute, yes...) was excellent.

Also the view from High 5 was excellent! You can smoke on the terrace, if you are so inclined.

20160707_213723_resized.jpg

Dining

We had breakfast every morning in the restaurant. Very good buffet including local specialties. Many egg dishes available to order + waffles. Sparkling wine too. My daughter is vegan, and they brought us soy milk when she asked for it. Plenty of gluten-free breads etc.

My wife and I had the tasting menu at Mercato together with the suggested wine pairings. Seven courses, very good and imaginative food.

This breakfast waffle alone was enough to last me until dinner...

20160712_093522.jpg

Location is excellent, by the river and at the edge of the old town.

Overall

Gdansk is a nice city, and this Hilton is an excellent choice when visiting the city.

Pool

Pool (maybe 15 meters) is on the fifth floor, and there is a terrace attached to it. Usually it was not too busy, and I was able to swim laps. Terrace was right next to the High 5 Bar, and of course views were excellent.

Excellent location, very good service

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Gdansk?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 2, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat, Hilton Honors Gold
Just checked out of the property and can highly recommend! Excellent location, great service and great elite recognition.

Checking into the hotel they were very apologetic that they weren't able to provide me with an upgrade as the hotel was fully booked. I booked my room the same day so I really wasn't expecting anything. Still, they placed me on the fifth floor corner room giving me a beautiful view of the park next to the Hilton. As a goodwill gesture for not getting an upgrade, they also gave me a 100 PLN (25 EUR) voucher to be used at the bar or the restaurant. Waiting in my room, there were some pralines and a bottle of red wine as well as plenty of mineral water. May I say, I was extremely pleased, being used to the service in Finnish Hiltons.

Breakfast was great as well, the selection was rather extensive for a European buffet and they also served prosecco and freshly pressed orange juice.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I meant to stay there couple of time but hotel tends to be sold out quite often and I never managed to pair it with my visits to the area.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:21 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Hilton Gdansk

Last edited by Konismarck; Jun 3, 2018 at 9:47 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.