Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

Old Sep 28, 2004, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Arrow Hilton London Tower Bridge {GBR}

'A detailed planning application for a 250 room newbuild Hilton on the south bank of the Thames between London bridge and Tower bridge'...seems the hotel is part of a mixed use development around a 'major public square' with a 'focal point being a sunken 1000 seat amphitheatre'. The project is due to start at the end of this year for completion autumn 2006. The Hotel will have 'an executive sky lounge with long distance views to the river'.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Alinlondon
'A detailed planning application for a 250 room newbuild Hilton on the south bank of the Thames between London bridge and Tower bridge'...seems the hotel is part of a mixed use development around a 'major public square' with a 'focal point being a sunken 1000 seat amphitheatre'. The project is due to start at the end of this year for completion autumn 2006. The Hotel will have 'an executive sky lounge with long distance views to the river'.
This is at More Place - ie next to Tower Bridge and behind the Greater London Authority building. Its not a bad spot (albeit nowhere near a tube station unless you walk to London Bridge or across Tower Bridge to Tower Hill).

There is also going to be a new Hilton at Canary Wharf - a very interesting spot directly next to South Quay DLR station. With the Jubilee Line underground station just minutes away and 200+ shops now at Canary Wharf, this will be a good weekend option, especially as I would expect rates to be rock bottom on Fri and Sat. This will also be a 2006 opening I guess.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
New Hilton in More London development

FYI

A new Hilton is under construction in the More London (right by the City Hall and Tower Bridge). I just stayed in a flat literaly next to it and it will be quite small. Opening is scheduled for the spring of 2006.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:27 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
This sounds like the previously announced Hilton London Tower Bridge property. Another one is supposed to open in Canary Wharf and I had thought there was one planned for London Bridge......

I think one can make Gold just staying one night each at all Metro London Hiltons!!
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by luxury
This sounds like the previously announced Hilton London Tower Bridge property. Another one is supposed to open in Canary Wharf and I had thought there was one planned for London Bridge......

I think one can make Gold just staying one night each at all Metro London Hiltons!!
There is more Hilton Hotels in London than all of Canada!!
Old Mar 7, 2006, 10:14 pm

Hilton London Tower Bridge
There will be 245 rooms including 54 executive rooms plus an executive lounge and concierge service. Other features include facilities for fine dining, a business centre, wireless broadband, conference facilities for 400 people and a Living Well Express health club.
http://www.businesstraveller.com/def...21&LS=EMS66004
Old Jul 29, 2006, 6:17 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Hilton London Tower Bridge

I just booked several night at a soon-to-be Hilton property for next summer. The hotel is called Hilton Tower Bridge and I got it for $182.62 USD/night which seems good for July in London (2007). Anyone have any ideas about this property? Location?

Thanks much!

Last edited by Mileage Lover; Jul 29, 2006 at 6:18 pm Reason: Spelling Correction
Old Jul 30, 2006, 12:24 am

Programs: UA GS; Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt; AMEX Plat; Hertz
Is that the old Thistle Tower Bridge Hotel? I stayed there in June of 2000. Typical London hotel - nothing exciting IMHO. But it may have been remodelled.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 2:55 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
Is that the old Thistle Tower Bridge Hotel? I stayed there in June of 2000. Typical London hotel - nothing exciting IMHO. But it may have been remodelled.
No. The Thistle Tower Bridge hotel, now a Guoman Hotel, is situated at St Katherines Dock on the north side of the River Thames and has about 800 bedrooms. Have stayed there a couple of times and as you say it is nothing to write home about, but is a good location and looks impressive. This new Hilton Tower Bridge hotel is on the south side of the Thames and has 245 bedrooms.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The Hilton London Bridge would be slightly closer to the mark, the property is in the More London complex next door to the GLA building and across the road from London Bridge Station. It is a brand new build and superficailly at any rate resembles the Hilton Canary Wharf.

This hotel does not open until early September 06 and is thus someting of an unknown quantity. The nearest tube station is London Bridge. My guess is that Hilton will adopt a similar concept to that at the Canary Wharf, so I am not expecting great things, but will be staying there in the not too distant future.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:30 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The Hilton London Bridge would be slightly closer to the mark, the property is in the More London complex next door to the GLA building and across the road from London Bridge Station.
They must be going for the name - I suspect that Hilton Tower Bridge sounds better than Hilton London Bridge. As you say, it is much closer to London Bridge - not very close to Tower Bridge.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:16 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Wasn't there supposed to be an actual Hilton London Bridge property?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Convenient for those of us with Borough Market fixations, perhaps?
Mmm, that Neal's Yard Dairy toasted cheese sandwich....
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:06 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm confused. Is there a Hilton London Bridge and a Hilton Tower Bridge? Or is the Hilton Tower Bridge just nearer to London Bridge than Tower Bridge? Is it on the north or south side of the river?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Its called Hilton London Tower Bridge - 5 More London Place, SE1

Follow the link to photos - http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/3619597 - taken about 6 weeks ago, the bedroom (a mock-up, in a building down the road) is of a standard type room, the location is a great alternative to the West end Hiltons or Paddington and Edgware road.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.