Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Spain {ESP}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Spain {ESP}

Old Feb 24, 2001, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Spain {ESP}

I have been looking over the HH web site for a upcoming trip and the only thing I can find is a "Classic" Hilton in Barcelona. Does anyone know of any other good options? My trip will be based out of Madrid but I will be going to the south of the country and then into Portugal, Lisbon area, then back into Madrid. I may go to Barcelona but undecided as of yet.

Thx in advance.
Old Jun 14, 2001, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Has anyone stayed at this hotel?

I may now be in Spain for a couple days at the end of June and may be in Barcelona.

How is the location? Is it convenient to all the "tourist" spots? Any comments about the hotel itself and/or the rooms?

Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2001, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
See, among others, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001830.html

Any other Hilton options here?
Old Jun 14, 2001, 8:00 pm
Original Member

There is virtually no Hilton presence there. We traveled throughout central Spain last summer for 17 days, and there were no Hilton hotels that we stayed at. I would recommend that you check out the paradors, which are terrific. We stayed at paradors in Toledo, Jaen, and Oropesa. All were terrific.

If you really need to accumulate points of some kind over there (or want to use some kind of points) I can HIGHLY recommend Starwood's Hotel Alfonso XIII in Sevilla, a fantastic hotel (where we stayed using points). I would also highly recommend the Hotel Santa Maria de el Paular in Rascafria, in the mountains north of Madrid, and near Segovia. It is a Sheraton, and is an incredible, ancient monastery with an attached ancient church/cathedral. Stayed here using points too, and it was quite a bargain.

Each of the places mentioned here has terrific food as well. Post or e-mail if you would like any further information.

Djlawman
Old Jun 15, 2001, 12:11 am

I have stayed at the Barcelona Hilton on points.It is a good modern hotel with efficient staff. it also has a reasonable exec club with drinks all day!It is a bit away from the action but as i am an all day sightseer I dont mind coming back-kicking back and early night.I too can recomment the starwood alfonso.I stayed there on a UA 50% and the value was outstanding. The hyatt regency la manga is also fantastic and worth the effort to get there (Malaga) its a little city on its own with a lot of villas owned by private people who let them out to lots of mad english people. It has a magnificent cliff top restaurant with a great view of the ocean.(or mediterranean I think)There is also a little village with colored villas with kitchens etc for a longer stay. be careful-We got stuck there and would have rathered the hotel but the hotel is double the price!Hotel Villa Magna in Madrid is a very businessy hotel and a long way away from everything(I think)and very pricey!I loved the posadas (there is a forum on them).If youre going near Ronda(one of the best places I went) the posada there is outstanding.

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Starwood Platinum/UA1K-Ansett-WHITE/Qantas-WHITE
Old Jun 15, 2001, 12:16 pm
Original Member

Just one clarification for you. The Spanish government-run hotels are paradors, and the equivalent in Portugal are the posadas.

Djlawman
Old Aug 9, 2002, 5:47 pm

Canary Islands, Spain

I cant find any information on any US hotels in this area, anyone been there??
Old Aug 10, 2002, 6:29 am

I have been several time in Tenerife and have not seen an American chain hotel.
Old Aug 10, 2002, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel Mencey is a Starwood Hotel on Tenerife. Nothing from Hilton there.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 11:10 am

There are no Hilton properties on the Canary Islands. However if you are just looking for a great place to stay try www.steigenberger.com
Old Aug 14, 2002, 2:40 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
an other nice place is the hotel "Jardin Tropical" in Playas de las Americas (Tenerife).
Old Aug 14, 2002, 3:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Belgian in Paris:
an other nice place is the hotel "Jardin Tropical" in Playas de las Americas (Tenerife).</font>
I would agree there. I stayed there a few months ago and found it an excellent hotel. I arrived there and dumped my bags off in the suite and when I came back an hour later everything had been packed into drawers or were hanging in the wardrobe. Excellent service

Dave
Old Jan 19, 2003, 11:24 am

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Any Hilton options in Madrid Spain

I will be there the second week of February and cannot find anything? Am I missing something?

------------------
AA member since 1981.
Old Jan 19, 2003, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Sorry to deliver bad news but I think the only Hilton in Spain is the Hilton Barcelona.

( On an aside I do not think there is a Marriott in Madrid either)

Regards
TBS
Old Jan 19, 2003, 1:22 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA/MP
I agree with The _Banking_Scot, I was in Madrid for New Year's Eve and had to stay at a Best Western (extremely close to the Puerta del Sol) as I could not locate a Hilton property.

------------------
HH Gold

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.