Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I have a similar question about staying in BKK over NYE, except my priorities are:

1. Location - want to be close to manageable celebration (lively but not crazy).
2. The best room a Gold is likely to get.
3. Easy to get to city center and/or major tourist sites.

Which property would you recommend? I asked on another (now closed) thread and got one recommendation for Millennium.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:49 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by italdesign
I have a similar question about staying in BKK over NYE, except my priorities are:

1. Location - want to be close to manageable celebration (lively but not crazy).

Which property would you recommend? I asked on another (now closed) thread and got one recommendation for Millennium.
First off, we are not late night party folk - but we had a good time a couple years ago staying at the Conrad on NYE - it was an easy trip to Central World for the countdown and we had a great time. That evening, the exec lounge had a great spread with a carving station and really good food.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:21 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by italdesign

I think on all three counts you could choose either the Conrad or Millenium, they would both work well for your needs. Conrad close to Siam Square/Central World and Millenium with the activities by the river. Bear in mind that there is no single "city centre" in BKK and the tourist sites are spread all around. If you don't find starting each day with a short free boat trip a pleasure (I personally love it) then choose the Conrad.

Sukhumvit may get you a nice room but in my view doesn't compete on points 1 and 3.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by sbams
I think on all three counts you could choose either the Conrad or Millenium, they would both work well for your needs. Conrad close to Siam Square/Central World and Millenium with the activities by the river. Bear in mind that there is no single "city centre" in BKK and the tourist sites are spread all around. If you don't find starting each day with a short free boat trip a pleasure (I personally love it) then choose the Conrad.

Sukhumvit may get you a nice room but in my view doesn't compete on points 1 and 3.
We loved the H Millennium for the executive lounge rooftop terrace and the riverside breakfast. Didn't particularly like H Sukhumvit except for the room...
The Millennium also has a bit of a 'resort feel' and the location next to the river was perfect for us.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by SK AAR
I prefer the breakfast in Flow restaurant of Hilton M and the huge/wonderful spread, but if upgraded to a room with lounge access, your free breakfast will provided in the lounge only (there is a surcharge for breakfast in Flow restaurant if you have lounge access). It has been reported that breakfast in the louge is medicore/with limited spread - I tend to agree.
We had 2 stays there in April and they allowed us to have breakfast at Flow with NO surcharge (even though we saw the board stating the extra charge).
There was not even a discussion and we didn't ask for it either...
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks Tomphot, sbams, and Delectatio. Starting each day with a free river boat sounds great! I've been to the city once and stayed near Central World (and loved it), so we might try the river for a change. Plus, we're in our 20s/30s and Conrad might be a bit formal for us.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Which Hilton in BKK has best gym?

I work in Africa in undesirable places so when I get to go on leave I like some modern amenities.

Thinking of 02 x weeks in BKK soon. Probably will stay in a Hilton as they are all cheap in BKK and I like the brand. Am only Gold but I redeem in London normally - where Hilton is pricey.

My top priority is an excellent gym taken after a massage and a nice brekkie.

I can eat out for breakfast but last time I was in BKK third party gyms were expensive and disappointing.

I really want a good on site gym!

Which Hilton offers best gym?

Exec Lounge is not important to me at all A nice pool is a bonus though.

Please offer your advice!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Both gyms are pretty good but I would say that Conrad gym is better than the Hilton.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24952137-post1729.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23459318-post1545.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23441346-post1516.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22056591-post1402.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22368634-post516.html
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:56 pm

Thanks.

Conrad is most expensive for my dates but other general reviews on FT suggest this is best HHONORS property in BKK. Is within my price range - but would be nice to see some photos of gym here (and elsewhere within BKK Hiltons) if anyone can oblige.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:18 pm

I thought you had made a mistake with all those similarly named links!

But now it sounds like Conrad is property for me! Just hope I get the upgrade as Gold as some others have had...

Cheers

Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by groundops
I thought you had made a mistake with all those similarly named links!
jerry does not make mistakes!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
jerry does not make mistakes!
Okey doke..

Thanks Jerry.

Hope some may oblige with photos later! !!!

I will!!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:28 pm

Conrad BKK has one of the best gyms of any Hilton property that I've encountered. That said it is still a hotel gym and is not going to compare to a standard Gold's or whatever, let alone one of those hoity-toity places (Equinox et al).

Google for photos.

Pool at the Conrad is quite nice, and large.

Keep an eye on flash sales, etc. for good rates - I got a corner king (which turned into a nice big suite) for about 100 USD/night last year over Christmas...
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Stay at the Conrad without any doubt. It is a fantastic property, the staff are phenomenal (without exception in my experience) and the location and facilities are brilliant.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I want to check out Thong Lor this trip and thought I'd stay at the Hilton or DT next door. I just assumed the Hilton is a better prop. Interested in room upgrades, exec lounge, breakfast, gym and pool. Was I correct in picking Hilton Sukhumvit or should I switch next door? Don't care about price (it's just 3 days and both are cheap enough). And while the Marriott is closer I don't have status there... so it's a non-starter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.