Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
The Millennium normally upgrades Gold's to an EL room. However, if the hotel is quite busy they will not and you will only get breakfast in the Flow restaurant. Is the conference bringing in a lot of people to Bangkok?
Thanks for this. I suspect it will bring a few hundred, but many will be at the Renaissance and HI. I'll lean toward the Conrad probably.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by HILTON-VIP
Never stayed at the Millennium but after more than 15 stays at the Conrad have 100% upgrade success with EL access.
Fantastic - thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
So it seems that for the first time in BKK (4 nights) Hilton Millennium is better for location, but hotel itself, Hilton Sukhumvit is better?

For the period I want to book, the price is exactly the same (points+cash)...
Conrad or Hilton Sukhumvit? (never stayed at Conrad so far)

Thanks

Last edited by MarcoGT; Feb 6, 2015 at 4:29 am
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
So it seems that for the first time in BKK (4 nights) Hilton Millennium is better for location, but hotel itself, Hilton Sukhumvit is better?

For the period I want to book, the price is exactly the same (points+cash)...
Conrad or Hilton Sukhumvit? (never stayed at Conrad so far)

Thanks
Have been in all three hotels during the two last weeks. They are all very good.

In my opinion:
Millenium
+ beautiful view from the lounge
- you always need a taxi or a boat, but that is very well organised

Sukhumvit:
+ best and modernest room, location
- Lounge is so and so

Conrad:
+ best Lounge
- you also always need a taxi or take a five Minute walk to BTS

Conclution: It depends on your needs and all three Hotels are very good!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by templar42
Fantastic - thanks!
While you are there, don't forget that there are currently THREE promotions that you can benefit from!

2k bonus HH points per night
5k bonus HH points (for stays with at least 2 nights)
2k to 10k bonus HH points (for the first 3 conrad/WA stays)

Make sure you sign up for them before staying - it's really lucrative and you can easily chalk up a decent amount of points (on top of the base earning rates!).

More details on my personal website if anyone is interested: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...ts-at-conradwa
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:42 pm

Can someone please help - i am going to stay 5 nights at the millennium later this year. I an contemplating whether to do p+c or all points. The difference is $286 or 36,000 points. Whats more valuable?

Also, for a 5th night free with points, do i need to have the 5th night allocation in my account? 24k*5 = 120k. If i only have 96k good for 4 nights, can i still get the 5th? Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by bmms8
The difference is $286 or 36,000 points. Whats more valuable?
I value one HH point at ~$0.004, which would make 36k points worth about $144.

The Bangkok properties on P+C are some of the better values left in HH.
On straight points, they are often only a promotion away from being a better value in cash.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:39 am

Can someone please help - i am going to stay 5 nights at the millennium later this year. I an contemplating whether to do p+c or all points. The difference is $286 or 36,000 points. Whats more valuable?

Also, for a 5th night free with points, do i need to have the 5th night allocation in my account? 24k*5 = 120k. If i only have 96k good for 4 nights, can i still get the 5th? Thanks!
Also keep an eye out for sales. With the BKK properties, sometimes the cash rates make the most sense.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:17 am

Thank you both for your replies! If I make a 5th night free reservation, will it work with just having enough points for 4 nights in my account? Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:39 am

Thank you both for your replies! If I make a 5th night free reservation, will it work with just having enough points for 4 nights in my account? Thanks
Yes. The award will not price as 5 nights and then the 5th one comes off at checkout or such. It will price as (price * 4)/5 points per night. So you will see 5 night charged, but at a nightly rate that as 4/5 of normal.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:31 am

Which of these two got the better free breakfast for gold members?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I prefer the breakfast in Flow restaurant of Hilton M and the huge/wonderful spread, but if upgraded to a room with lounge access, your free breakfast will provided in the lounge only (there is a surcharge for breakfast in Flow restaurant if you have lounge access). It has been reported that breakfast in the louge is medicore/with limited spread - I tend to agree.

At Conrad you can choose between breakfast in lounge and restaurant (as HH Gold you will get ugraded to Executive floor with lounge access at this property). The lounge breakfast is very good so whether breakfast in restaurant or lounge is not a big issue.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I prefer the breakfast in Flow restaurant of Hilton M and the huge/wonderful spread, but if upgraded to a room with lounge access, your free breakfast will provided in the lounge only (there is a surcharge for breakfast in Flow restaurant if you have lounge access). It has been reported that breakfast in the louge is medicore/with limited spread - I tend to agree.

At Conrad you can choose between breakfast in lounge and restaurant (as HH Gold you will get ugraded to Executive floor with lounge access at this property). The lounge breakfast is very good so whether breakfast in restaurant or lounge is not a big issue.
Thanks so much. Since you have tried both which property would you recommend on considering breakfast? From your information it sounds Conrad is the better option but comparing to food which one is better? Hilton flow or Conrad. Is it wise to give up the upgrade for the flow breakfast?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:49 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
have stayed at both hotels multiple times,
conrad breakfast was better some years ago. The lounge is way better than at millenium.. (no terrace though).

I would consider breakfast at the restaurants of both hotels about equal...

I would always go for Conrad over Millenium ( riverview is only advantage of millenium )
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by woow14610
Thanks so much. Since you have tried both which property would you recommend on considering breakfast? From your information it sounds Conrad is the better option but comparing to food which one is better? Hilton flow or Conrad. Is it wise to give up the upgrade for the flow breakfast?
I wouldn't choose between them based on breakfast.

The locations are vastly different. As are the properties themselves. Hilton vs. Conrad. Those considerations would seem to me far more important than relatively minor differences in the breakfast amenity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.