Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Staying there in Aug with family, pre cruise. Where is best place nearby for an inexpensive breakfast ?
Buy Gold status off eBay....

If not, plenty of spots 5 min walk away!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:14 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by shawntobi
Buy Gold status off eBay....

If not, plenty of spots 5 min walk away!
It's a family, Gold status goodies only for two people

5 min walk

which direction?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Exec, ANA, HHonours Diamond
To offer balance -

In order to offer balance, i have posted the reply the manager; Caroline Receveur has given to my posting on Tripadvisor (11 March 2013) - posted a few posts back in this thread.

Quote: Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review

17 March 2013

Highly appreciate your detailed review. We do work with Nor1 systems so you definitely should have had the green banner on your confirmation. As I don't know the exact details of your stays I can't double check what happened but I'm happy to confirm that the system is working properly now.

Regarding upgrades, these are offered to all Hhonors Gold and Diamond members, though only if available. As next category above the executive room you booked the hotel offers 49 suites which could have been sold out on the night of your stay.

I understand your feeling regarding late check-out. We are normally very flexible with allowing people to stay longer in the room and would only charge if we need to have the room available for the next guests. Once again, I would need your exact details of stay to further investigate, I'd be very grateful if you would forward these to me.

I fully agree with your note regarding our carpet and do replace or deepclean carpets on a regular base. We will definitely double check your room as maintenance and cleanliness is one of our main priorities.

Regarding the pillows, on a future stay please do not hesitate to contact the careline to ask for different type of pillows. We have an extensive pillow menu offering both soft and hard pillows.

The room temperate should be adjustable three degrees up and down. We have been facing some technical issues with the systems in our rooms which sometimes limited these inidividual adjustments, but which are now solved. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm so happy you would stay with us again in the fufure. We will definitely follow up on your comments. Please do not hesitate to inform me about your new stay. I would be delighted to welcome you.

I do not want to exasperate an already mediocre stay but several points are worthy of consideration:

Caroline acknowledges she does not know the details of my stay (not sure why i have given the room type, dates and price - how many diamonds were there in the hotel... and needed an extension to the room?) but then goes on to state:
Could not say why an upgrade can be given - as she does not know my details.

Cannot investigate why an extension of room could not be given - as she does not know my details.

She would check our room for the carpet - how does she know what room i was in...? - as she does not know my details.

Interestingly i would reply directly as i am keen on improving the situation for future loyal guests - but there are no contact details given

I think the 'jurys out' to how much commitment you can place to the response given.

I wonder if Caroline reads this thread?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
It's a family, Gold status goodies only for two people

5 min walk

which direction?
You exit the Central train station or the hotel walking in the same direction, their exits face the main area of town. Literally, across the street from the hotel and train station, as many Restaraunts, bars, shopping as you could want. Seriously, dont worry about it until you are there, choices abound.

Matt_eng if you need Carolines details, just PM me and I will provide. I found the follow-up and service here very good. As well as the upgrade for me as a Diamond. The problem with Amsterdam is that the hotels are full far to often, even in winter.... And yes, sometimes hotels miss upgrades, so not saying that was the case.

Last edited by shawntobi; Mar 19, 2013 at 10:24 am
Old Mar 22, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: US CP, HH Gold
I'm a HHonors Gold level member.

I recently returned from a stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station. Current Q1 2013 regular points cost is 40,000. I booked a single night 'PREMIUM ROOM REWARD HHonors Special' for 37,000 points (Its going for 28,500 today!) and upon checking in was given the Dock Suite - Tenth floor, far end of the building with a huge 'private' deck (I say 'private' because there was nothing but potted plants separating it from the public deck next to it) with panoramic views of the city and harbor. Complimentary mini-bar, lots of toiletries, Mac Mini connected to flat panel TV in living room, iMac in bedroom. It was quiet (with the exception of the trains) and was a perfect ending to a week of travel. The large breakfast buffet was complimentary and selection was great. The location is hard to beat for access to transit. The Concierge was extremely helpful in helping find stuff to do and booking tours.

I would definitely stay here again, I'd even be willing to pay real money for it
Old Mar 23, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by Matt_eng
Highly appreciate your detailed review. We do work with Nor1 systems so you definitely should have had the green banner on your confirmation. As I don't know the exact details of your stays I can't double check what happened but I'm happy to confirm that the system is working properly now.
Actually, it's still not working. This week I made a new reservation and the nor1 banner does not show up.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
A little off point but hoping posters here know the area. We plan on staying here for 2 nights in July and are looking for a fun 1 day side trip where we would spend the night. Just looking for a quaint area out in the country with interesting things to see, it would not have to have a Hilton property involved. We would prefer to take the train but could possibly lease a car.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

East Dock Suite (1054)

Primer:
HHonors Gold, booked Queen Hilton Exec Balcony, Anytime Anywhere rate of €163.17. Allocated an upgrade to East Dock suite at check-in. The normal space available upgrade with this rate would be to a Junior suite with balcony but i'm certain the hotel manager was keen to push the boat out after an issue I experienced during a prior stay. Very effective service recovery as you can see below:

Photographs:

Let's begin with the essential espresso machine. Normally stocked with 4 pods: 2 regular + 2 decaf. Ooh! you can even see my reflection
Note, there are espresso machines in junior suites too. Standard rooms are stocked with instant coffee sticks

Minibar and coffee station
Complimentary mini-bar stock followed what appears to be the standard for Executive floor rooms:
1x can of Coca Cola (regular)
1x can of Orangina
2x bottles of Heineken
1x can of white wine (Yes! in a can)
1x bottle of spring water, sparkling
1x bottle of spring water, still
1x Hershey bar
1x stroopwafel
1x small packet of Lays crisps

Living area.

Corner view. Samsung LED screen, Apple TV and Bose surround sound system

Private terrace overlooking the dock and city beyond

Bedroom (the morning after the night before)

Workstation. iMac doubles up as TV

Bathroom - tub and walk in shower

C&E Citron branded toiletries

C&E Citron hand-wash at whb and another in the shower suggesting the previous White Company hand wash is being steadily replaced.

Ending with the fantastic view!!

Last edited by Prospero; Mar 24, 2013 at 5:39 pm
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
I just had a stay there last week. As a Gold using points, I was given an upgraded room with a balcony. The other reviews in this thread pretty much nail this hotel on the head - the location is awesome, the staff is great, the rooms are nice for Europe and the breakfast is amazing.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We weren't impressed

I can't agree with some previous posters - there are some good things about this property but also a lot that needs improving

Checking in - chaos - lots of front desk staff but most of them doing nothing. After 15 minutes checked in - we weren't told what room type we had - I requested upgrade availability. When we checked out we found the tiny room we had was actually a supplement!?

Location - very good and 10m minute walk to Centraal

Room - tiny - one desk chair and one sitting chair. Queen bed although my profile says King. Mid floor not high as per profile. Next to Elevator not away as per profile. Free mini bar - so what? 10 Euros at the mini mart across the road.

Noise - Saturday night was non stop drunks which is why I ask for a quiet room

Staff - gormless

Breakfast - hot breakfast was disgusting - bacon that was 80% fat - horrible sausages - bland eggs

Overall 220 Euros for a 3/4 * hotel - and they say London is expensive!

Front desk was always so busy that we couldn't be bothered as we just couldn't wait to leave
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Executive Lounge

The hotel has opened an executive lounge last week. It is part of the ground floor bar that is now separated: the part that overlooks the hotel entrance. The lounge has a number of tables, a little buffet with water, coffee and fruit and a locked fridge with various drinks. There are some newspapers and one computer.

The design is the same as that of the restaurant on the ground floor, i.e., very big windows giving the impression that you are sitting outside on the street. The feeling is the opposite of cozy: it feels like sitting in a street cafe but caged up in a glass cage.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by fb175091
The hotel has opened an executive lounge last week. It is part of the ground floor bar that is now separated: the part that overlooks the hotel entrance. The lounge has a number of tables, a little buffet with water, coffee and fruit and a locked fridge with various drinks. There are some newspapers and one computer.

The design is the same as that of the restaurant on the ground floor, i.e., very big windows giving the impression that you are sitting outside on the street. The feeling is the opposite of cozy: it feels like sitting in a street cafe but caged up in a glass cage.
Nice to know they have a lounge now Is the fridge unlocked at certain times? Or how does it work? Since it's kind of strange to have soda's locked in an executive lounge..
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Interesting. Wonder if that mean that Diamonds will have to take breakfast in the lounge and will not be able to get the full breakfast in the restaurant?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by MrHilton
Nice to know they have a lounge now Is the fridge unlocked at certain times? Or how does it work? Since it's kind of strange to have soda's locked in an executive lounge..
They have snacks from 6-8pm (the snacks looked more like afternoon tea to me) and it seems that the fridge was unlocked during that period. The lounge is not locked and there is no lounge personnel, so it's a bit hard to figure out what's going on. Essentially everyone who has a drink in the bar could stroll through the open entrance of the lounge and sit there.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Dcislander
Interesting. Wonder if that mean that Diamonds will have to take breakfast in the lounge and will not be able to get the full breakfast in the restaurant?
Had breakfast in the restaurant with no problems at all (during check-in, the dinner snacks in the EL were mentioned, breakfast in the lounge wasn't). Out of curiosity, I checked the lounge on the way back to my room and they did serve breakfast and the EL was packed with people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.