Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:41 am

LOL @ that Zest bear incident

We just left the hotel and it is definitely our favorite Conrad so far. The breakfast at Zest was amazing. My son loves that giant Zest bear and he sat by it everyday when we wait for the table. I read bamboola's post about the Zest bear while we were at the hotel and told my son. He asked if we could do the same.. I told him NO! The wait for Zest breakfast was really long over the weekend (I think it was some kind of holidays). The executive lounge was quite empty though, so it was nice.

Everything about the hotel was great from the room, breakfast, executive lounge, to the swimming pool and location. It is very hard to find anything to complain about. And we got upgraded to a corner room with 2 walls of windows with amazing views of both city and river. We got the upgrade even though the hotel was at 100% full.

While we were there, we watched a 4DX movie downstairs at the mall. It was amazing. I am so glad they are going to have it at Los Angeles soon.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by Need

We just left the hotel and it is definitely our favorite Conrad so far. The breakfast at Zest was amazing. My son loves that giant Zest bear and he sat by it everyday when we wait for the table. I read bamboola's post about the Zest bear while we were at the hotel and told my son. He asked if we could do the same.. I told him NO! The wait for Zest breakfast was really long over the weekend (I think it was some kind of holidays). The executive lounge was quite empty though, so it was nice.

Everything about the hotel was great from the room, breakfast, executive lounge, to the swimming pool and location. It is very hard to find anything to complain about. And we got upgraded to a corner room with 2 walls of windows with amazing views of both city and river. We got the upgrade even though the hotel was at 100% full.

While we were there, we watched a 4DX movie downstairs at the mall. It was amazing. I am so glad they are going to have it at Los Angeles soon.
I was told by the lounge staff that Zest's weekend brunch is very popular with locals. I don't think it was just a holiday issue.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:32 pm

My son loves that giant Zest bear and he sat by it everyday when we wait for the table. I read bamboola's post about the Zest bear while we were at the hotel and told my son. He asked if we could do the same.. I told him NO!
I seriously hesitated to post my adventure with the Zest bear. According to the staff, Connie Cub (as I named it) has not gone "room surfing" before. The staff told me that the GM has a great sense of humor and decided my ridiculous request was worth a laugh. Also, my husband and I are not young and the GM figured we wouldn't harm Connie. I can see Connie getting hurt by a lot of pulling and hugging by children.

Thank you, Need, for telling your son "No." I am now traveling in Taiwan. Once I get home, I'll post a photo of Connie Cub departing the next morning in a luggage cart. It filled up the entire cart. It was quite funny when I called downstairs to ask someone to remove the bear. "Huh???" was the reaction.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
I seriously hesitated to post my adventure with the Zest bear. According to the staff, Connie Cub (as I named it) has not gone "room surfing" before. The staff told me that the GM has a great sense of humor and decided my ridiculous request was worth a laugh. Also, my husband and I are not young and the GM figured we wouldn't harm Connie. I can see Connie getting hurt by a lot of pulling and hugging by children.

Thank you, Need, for telling your son "No." I am now traveling in Taiwan. Once I get home, I'll post a photo of Connie Cub departing the next morning in a luggage cart. It filled up the entire cart. It was quite funny when I called downstairs to ask someone to remove the bear. "Huh???" was the reaction.
The day we left Seoul (6/11), the bear was back in his usual place. On an additional note, I found it interesting that Exec Lounge breakfast has a few things that Zest does not have: dragon fruit, soda, and a special pastry. There is always 1 type of pastry (seem to change from day to day) available in the lounge and not in Zest.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 6:43 pm

As promised, here are two photos of the Conrad Seoul Zest bear - sitting on the King bed and on the luggage cart to go back to Zest. It spent the night of June 9 with us and was back at Zest early on June 10.

Last edited by bamboola; Dec 16, 2014 at 3:50 pm
Old Jun 29, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
As promised, here are two photos of the Conrad Seoul Zest bear - sitting on the King bed and on the luggage cart to go back to Zest. It spent the night of June 9 with us and was back at Zest early on June 10.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...la-albums.html
Damn, makes you wanna hug it to sleep at night, though it's as big as the bed!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 2MM

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...la-albums.html
Most amusing. Thank you for sharing.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Damn, makes you wanna hug it to sleep at night, though it's as big as the bed!
I wouldn't.. if it is same bear sitting outside of Zest. There are probably hundreds of hands rubbing on it everyday. I know my son knocked it down from the platform to the floor at least one time.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I wouldn't.. if it is same bear sitting outside of Zest. There are probably hundreds of hands rubbing on it everyday. I know my son knocked it down from the platform to the floor at least one time.
Yikes, you're right!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: KF Gold
Currently doing a 4 night paid stay here. Booked 2 rooms for 3 adults and 1 toddler. Both myself and the mrs are Golds but no upgrade to EL or to the rooms either - just provided interconnecting rooms. Only offered breakfast for 1 of the rooms until I had to plead and say we are both Gold members and have booked 2 rooms. No ducks or bears to be seen apart from the big bear outside Zest. Also only given a late check-out till 1pm tomorrow despite check-in time being 4pm.

Lastly, found the hotel a little far away from most tourist sites. Not sure if traffic is usually this bad but at least 30 mins by cab to most places.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mingster23
Currently doing a 4 night paid stay here. Booked 2 rooms for 3 adults and 1 toddler. Both myself and the mrs are Golds but no upgrade to EL or to the rooms either - just provided interconnecting rooms. Only offered breakfast for 1 of the rooms until I had to plead and say we are both Gold members and have booked 2 rooms. No ducks or bears to be seen apart from the big bear outside Zest. Also only given a late check-out till 1pm tomorrow despite check-in time being 4pm.

Lastly, found the hotel a little far away from most tourist sites. Not sure if traffic is usually this bad but at least 30 mins by cab to most places.
The subway is a better option from Yeouido but yes traffic is normally bad south of the river and this being the weekend before Chuseok makes traffic even worse.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
The subway is a better option from Yeouido but yes traffic is normally bad south of the river and this being the weekend before Chuseok makes traffic even worse.
I like the location of Yeouido station since the 5 and 9 are usually the lines we use too. Although the taxi is so cheap there (comparing to the US) it feels like a crime not to use it! LOL.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by mingster23
Currently doing a 4 night paid stay here. Booked 2 rooms for 3 adults and 1 toddler. Both myself and the mrs are Golds but no upgrade to EL or to the rooms either - ...
mingster23 - I'm HH G too. So no upgrade to EL then. From my experience, the Conrad BKK always offers me lounge access as Gold, but the Conrad SIN does not. This of course influences my hotel bookings.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
mingster23 - I'm HH G too. So no upgrade to EL then. From my experience, the Conrad BKK always offers me lounge access as Gold, but the Conrad SIN does not. This of course influences my hotel bookings.
I received EL access as a gold at this Conrad on an award stay.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:00 pm

So are they back to giving out Conrad bears to guests? If so, I need to make a visit to round out my collection.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.