Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Nice review, will be there in 2 weeks for one night to check it out
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: All of Them
Some sketchy reviews on tripadvisor, maybe I will wait for opening month bugs to be work out...
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Conrad Seoul

Whats the best way to get to the Conrad from ICN?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 1:54 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Whats the best way to get to the Conrad from ICN?
The hotel will send you a PDF with a few diagrams and instructions, summarised as follows:

Airport Subway
(approximately 55 min):
1.Take the Korail Airport Railroad at Incheon International Airport station, located at B1F of the Transportation Centre
2.Transfer to Subway line 5 at Gongdeok Station
3.Get off at Yeouido station which provides direct access to Conrad Seoul (Exit #3)

Fare: 3,750 KRW

Airport Bus no. 6030
(approximately 90 min):

1.Exit Gate 5B or 12A at 1st Floor (Arrival)
2.Take the #6030 Airport Bus
3.Get off at Conrad Seoul

Bus Stop Information
Lexington Hotel < - > The National Assembly building < - > Hanyang APT < - > Conrad Seoul < - > The Korea Stock Exchange < - > 63 Building < - > Dong-Bu Ichon Dong < - > Kang Chon APT < - > Shin Dong- A APT < - > Capital Hotel < - > Crown Hotel < - > Hamilton Hotel < - > IP Boutique Hotel < - > Han Gang- Jin Station < - > Han Nam-Dong < - > Hyperion

Fare: 15,000 KRW

Taxi
(approximately 50 mins)

Fare: 60,000 KRW

Hotel Limousine
(approximately 50 minutes)

Fare: 120,000 KRW

Old Dec 4, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Conrad Seoul

Thanks Karter. Very clear
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Conrad Seoul

I landed this morning at 06:00am in ICN. I ledt the airport at 07:20 after immigration, luggage pick-up, change of clothes from tropical to freezing-my-a$$-off cold. I changed the trains at Gimpo airport station and at 08:35 we were in the Executive Lounge, for check-in and breakfast.

Will report more later, but so far I love this place. EL is hige, great food offering, great service. Rooms are fairly big, and for the gadget-freak That I am, this place is like Disneyland, with EVERYTHING in the room being controlled electronically and wireless.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by CAlex
I landed this morning at 06:00am in ICN. I ledt the airport at 07:20 after immigration, luggage pick-up, change of clothes from tropical to freezing-my-a$$-off cold. I changed the trains at Gimpo airport station and at 08:35 we were in the Executive Lounge, for check-in and breakfast.
Quick one - was the train not rammed at that time of morning? I assumed I'd have to do the slow bus to avoid annoying rush hour rail commuters with my suitcase.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

From Incheon to Gimpo - No hassle.
From Gimpo to Conrad station (on metro line 5) - it got a bit stretched on the last 6-7 stops, as it was packed with people going to job. Had no issue to get off though with 1 large suitcase, one backpack and one small suitcase.

I would try the alternative, which is to take the train all the way to the end, and then use the subway only for 3-4 stops.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:04 am

Either way should be packed, as the Conrad is in a major office area.

My perception is that the fairly laid back Seoul subway commuters would be less annoyed than those in Tokyo by foreigners with suitcases, especially if originating from GMP or Seoul station.

Inbound traffic from Incheon is very dense in the morning as well, although the Conrad benefits from being closer to Incheon than most hotels (traffic starts backing up shortly before it).
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:59 am
alc

Does anyone who know if the breakfast for Diamond member only be available at Executive Lounge only? I might be staying here shortly, along with some friends on "air+hotel" travel package from travel agent in HK. Hence, if my breakfast is at EL only, that might not work out too good for us.

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Given that it's a new property, I would ask. Best-case - they can join you for breakfast in EL! Worst-case, you get to have breakfast with them in the restaurant. I doubt they will deny you either option above.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Its location in the financial district of yeouido should be attractive for business travellers, though not the best location for leisure travellers.
Not so, I can see the Conrad from my apartment window; I've been here a year and specifically picked this location because it's prefectly central to everything; food, tourism, shopping etc... without the soju fueled insanity that is the traffic North of the river by the Millenium or South East over by Gangnam / COEX. Plus it's the only green area you get outside of the mountains to break up the overall grey and otherwise dreary city and they throw concerts in the park all the time that I get to listen to for free (though not always my taste in music).

The airport drive is a rarely congested, easy 1 hour from door to door with only 2 turns (amazing by Seoul standards!).

Last edited by 2tall4economy; Dec 17, 2012 at 7:56 am
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:53 am

...oh and for those curious, Gangnam style is no different than Shanghai IFC mall area style, Shanghai Xintiandi style, New York 5th Ave style, Melbourne Collins Street style, Zurich by the north of the lake style, Birmingham Michigan style, and the similar ilk... everybody's got a street or area with the awesome restaurants and the glittery shopping that makes wives go crazy and husbands lie about their finances to their wives...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by monahos
My perception is that the fairly laid back Seoul subway commuters would be less annoyed than those in Tokyo by foreigners with suitcases, especially if originating from GMP or Seoul station.
They care not at all. They barely look at you twice if you're a foreigner. 40,000 US troops for 60 years will do that to you.

When my wife takes my baby boy along though, they strike up conversations all the time and are quite friendly. A little too friendly even.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 3:33 am

At the Conrad Seoul now. Whatever was wrong to create all those horrible tripadvisor reviews is a complete mystery to me. This place is fantastic.

Exec Lounge - the best I've ever been in of any Conrad or Hilton. Very spacious, elegant but understated decor, attentive and friendly staff, and sweeping views of the river and city from three sides. The breakfast selection is the best spread I've seen, somewhat on par with Conrad Bangkok but a bit better quality. There's a choice of seven hot items, myriad pastries, cereals and cold cuts, plus they'll do you eggs if you ask. For the evening reception, 5-7 p.m., there's a choice of four hot dishes, five desserts, and plenty of cold starters, nuts, crisps etc. Last night the hot choices were fried prawns (katsu breading), chicken yakitori skewers, spicy chicken wings, and ?? (I forgot); tonight it was lemon prawn skewers, pulled pork sandwiches, fried dim sum, and lamb kebabs. I would have liked more Korean choices but at least there's Korean rice cakes and porridge at breakfast. Four types of red wine, two whites, and one champagne. Table service or help yourself.

Gym - again, the best, just a step under the Hilton Warsaw (but theirs is a Holmes Place that is very obviously open to the public). All brand new Precor machines, a huge selection, free bottles of water on hand. The pool is lovely but not huge, and there's a small jjimjilbang / sauna available. It costs extra (but Diamonds at least get it comped).

Location - I really like it. The other Hilton hotels I've stayed at in Seoul, as well as the W, require shuttle buses just to get anywhere. So while there's nothing to see in the immediate area, that's also pretty much the case at the others. However, Yeouido is well placed for ease of getting around Seoul. The hotel is connected to a brand new mall, which itself is connected to the metro (lines 5 and 9).

Room - All very clean and new, the apple style TV is cool, the bed's comfy, the wardrobe's quite spacious, the bathtub is big enough for two, and the shower's big enough for three On the first night we got a free full-size bottle of red plus a tray of chocolates and sesame snaps - I assume a diamond benefit.

I don't get why people were complaining about the tech issues - either there were problems that have all been fixed or these people just couldn't cope with a bit of technology. There's nothing to be afraid of really - it's all pretty intuitive and user-friendly to me - but I suppose it may be hard for some to get used to turning down blinds, turning off lights, and ordering room cleaning on a hand-held touchscreen device.

Also, just now before posting the 'Director of Rooms' came over and introduced himself, gave me his card and enquired if I was happy with my room, my stay, etc. Very friendly, sincere, and personal. Impressive hotel in every way. ^^

Last edited by Karter; Dec 21, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.