Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Dora&Diego
....I heard that Dubai Creek gives Exec Lounge only if you get an Executive room, even if Diamond, because lounge is small....but never been
They had better never try that with me!

Quote:
Executive Floor Lounge Access Policy: The following policy applies at all Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.
◾If you are an HHonors guest with Gold status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
◾If you are an HHonors guest with Diamond status, you and up to one additional registered guest in the same room will always enjoy complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge, even if you do not receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Got same room type I booked, didnt even get upgraded to exec level The front desk comped a room service meal since they couldnt upgrade me at least
Somewhat unusually, executive rooms aren't confined to specific floors at the Waldorf Hilton. Indeed, better rooms scattered throughout the building are labeled "executive," not just those on floor E.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: Yes please
Hilton Bruxelles City

Standard room booked, upgraded to deluxe (no executive floor, rooms or lounge at this hotel), suite refused. It probably did not help that I was there when the G6 circus was in town but this was an unsatisfactory stay at an inadequate Hilton.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: Amex Cent, Hilton Diamond, CX Gold
Hilton Tokyo

Booked Jr Suit 4 nights and request upgrade at the front desk, replied no upgrade because there is no room better than suit (exactly what they told me), then I asked if I book a regular room are you going to upgrade me to a suit but she did not reply me.

I was surprise there are still different kind of suit available ...upon asked permission from the manager (she said) finally upgraded to executive floor but on the 12th floor, floor level is really low of a 38 level hotel. I am not sure if this is an upgrade or downgrade, I remember previously executive floor is 34F and above ...

As a diamond no matter what room type I stay I can access to the executive lounge, free breakfast and free wifi anyway, what extra benefits they actually given me if they send me to the executive floor?

Also stayed Conrad Tokyo for 3 nights and they upgraded me 2 category automatically.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hilton Puckrup Hall. No upgrade from deluxe plus (would be 1 cat upgrade to suite). They thought I had been upgraded to the deluxe plus, pointed out that was what I booked.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Hallelujah, the Hilton FT forum has discovered time travel and we're able to post our 2012 Diamond suite upgrade failures again!

...may be time for a new thread!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
- Hilton Canary Wharf London - booked King received King in EF
- Hilton Guadalajara Mexico - booked King and received King. When I mentioned about an upgrade they told that I was upgraded to a room that had slippers and a bathrobe.
- Hilton Milan - booked single room and received twin in EF.

Last edited by more4less; Jun 17, 2014 at 9:31 pm Reason: spell
Old Jun 17, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Hilton, Concord, CA: Booked a king deluxe room, got "upgraded" to a higher floor with a view of the dried up river behind the hotel. Got access to the Executive lounge where breakfast was served.

Hampton Inn, Oakland Airport: Booked a standard king room, got upgraded to a suite with a kitchenette and huge bathroom.

Hilton Resort, Myrtle Beach: Booked a king oceanview Room. Asked at check-in for an upgrade and was told I was already "upgraded" to a higher floor. Ocean-view rooms face 45-degrees away from the beach. Got a nice view of the pool deck and adjacent high-rise. No bathrobes, no slippers.

Hampton Inn, Colton, CA: Booked a standard king room, got upgraded to a suite. Huge room with a kitchenette, couch, coffee table, desk, and huge bathroom.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:06 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I haven't had a suite upgrade this summer at all. Hey, it's summer, I suppose.

Hilton Stucky Molimo: Booked twin deluxe with view (IIRC), got twin deluxe with view. (Wasn't expecting anything as it was July.)

Hilton CDG Airport: Booked king deluxe, got king deluxe.

Hilton CMH Downtown: Booked king standard, received king standard (view was into the interior courtyard).

Doubletree Barcelona Alexandra: Booked king standard, got king standard. No Diamond welcome gift of any sort.

Hilton Barcelona: Booked king standard, received king executive. Bit of a stingy upgrade if you ask me--and no Diamond welcome gift at all.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Hilton Avisford Park no upgrade from triple room.

Hampton Newport (4 stays) no upgrade (they have slightly larger corner rooms but no category upgrade). Good hotel and value though.

Hilton Basingstoke double to double deluxe plus (Basingstoke are consistent with this).

Hilton Newbury North no upgrade (but generous diamond amenity in lieu).
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:44 pm

Hilton Birmingham Bromsgrove. Queen to queen deluxe. Rooms are the same size/ dcor, but they put in water/ nuts/ jelly beans/ drink per person and they are in one wing of the hotel.
Hotel is always sound, but never a suite! (They enforce the 1 cat upgrade). This means golds and diamonds receive very similar benefits.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
I've pretty much given up on suite upgrades. Hilton simply does not deliver on this benefit and quite frankly, I'm very disappointed. I've gotten one suite upgrade in about 100 stays as Diamond.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 6:31 am

Thanks for posting that- sorry for you its not better- but at least I am not alone!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by agehall
I've pretty much given up on suite upgrades. Hilton simply does not deliver on this benefit and quite frankly, I'm very disappointed. I've gotten one suite upgrade in about 100 stays as Diamond.
The closest the hhonors T&Cs come to suggesting that suite upgrades are a benefit of the program is where they say that "Upgrades may also be rooms with desirable views, corner rooms, rooms on high floors, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites, as identified by each property." So it is a kitchen-sink policy (like almost all the hhonors T&Cs) and each property has full discretion. I agree that if hhonors wanted to be more competitive they would need to strengthen this benefit.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:43 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Hilton Costa Mesa from a month or so back--no suite for me.

I'm batting rather poorly these days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.