Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Upgrade to 1 BR Suite Hilton Rosemont / ORD

Checked in tonight for a 2-night stay (Sun-Tues) at the Hilton Rosemont near ORD. Had booked a "deluxe" room for a few extra bucks that offered an extra ~80 sq ft. Asked at checkin for an upgrade to a junior suite, was provided with a 1-BR suite.

Would have been in the booked room type had I not asked, but I give credit to the property for promptly providing essentially a 2-class upgrade when asked.

Note addtional benefits at this property as well: free bottle of water in the room, and what looks to be a hot buffet breakfast for 2 in the restaurant rather than continental.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:39 am

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Hampton Inn Fremont, CA vs. Homewood Suites Newark

No diamond recognition - nothing!! and burnt cookies.

Homewood Suites Newark CA much better.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Goofy Foot
No diamond recognition - nothing!! and burnt cookies.

Homewood Suites Newark CA much better.

Suite upgrades and other upgrades are only a benefit at the upscale brands. ...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hyatt Globalist Marriott Platinum
Upgraded at La Quinta Resort

Booked standard king at La Quinta Resort using MVP rate, checked my reservation today and its been changed to an Executive Suite (don't arrive until later this week).
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by c_alt24
Booked standard king at La Quinta Resort using MVP rate, checked my reservation today and its been changed to an Executive Suite (don't arrive until later this week).
When did La Quinta become a Hilton property?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:57 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by 419er
When did La Quinta become a Hilton property?
http://laquintaresort.com/
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna: Nevermind.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
Last week in Chicago I checked into the Wit for one night. Was upgraded to a luxury suite on the 28th floor which is a one bedroom suite with a great bathroom and kitchen area. I only wish my wife was there to enjoy it with me .
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by CAPTMARK
Nothing so far
+1
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: US AIRWAYS CHAIRMAN, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, HILTON DIAMOND
At the Virginia Beach Oceanfront hotel. . . was 'upgraded' to a partial ocean view room with what appears to be 2 full beds. My profile says "king" is my preference. I'm assuming they can put me in a 2 full bed room if the view is nicer by saying I was upgraded, but I guess I would have thought that if the upgraded room had a different configuration they would ask at check in if that was alright. At the end of the day I could care less because my family isn't with me and a bed is a bed i guess. . .
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Jan. 29, upgraded from cheapest possible room to a suite at Hilton LAX.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Doubletree Crystal City (Army Navy Drive)

Booked a "1 KING BED NONSMOKING" at the Government rate of $183 and was upgraded before arrival (could see it in my reservation & eCheck into upgraded room) to a "1 KING DELUXE SUITE W/BALCONY NON SMOKING".

^^^^^^
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Just remember - there is an order that the hotels are instructed to process room pre-assignments: 1) people who have booked specialty room, suites, premium rooms, special needs, accessible, 2)NOR1 and paid upgrades, 3)upgrades based on Best Gust Reports (Diamonds and Golds). Upgrades are by type, not by a specific room. So, if your preferences are for a high floor away from the elevator, but there is a suite on the first floor by the elevator, the upgrade will take preference over the personal preferences. That's how you can end up with the "deluxe room overlooking the parking lot" instead of what you booked on the high floor away from the elevator. Specialty suites are explictly excepted from the upgrade pool, so you have to see what each location deems their "standard" suites.

One thing: Don't call the hotel to find out if you've been upgraded. When you call, it takes time away from the GSAs doing checkins and checkouts, preparing the folios for checkouts, preparing the folios for checkins, etc. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Calling isn't going to help...
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by slidergirl

One thing: Don't call the hotel to find out if you've been upgraded. When you call, it takes time away from the GSAs doing checkins and checkouts, preparing the folios for checkouts, preparing the folios for checkins, etc. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Calling isn't going to help...
I strongly disagree with this comment. Sure, GSAs may be busy but part of their job is to deal with incoming calls.

I've called multiple properties before arrival, advised them that I am checking in online and would like to know if there are any upgrades available. 9 times out of 10 I score an immediate upgrade.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by LedgeT
I strongly disagree with this comment. Sure, GSAs may be busy but part of their job is to deal with incoming calls.

I've called multiple properties before arrival, advised them that I am checking in online and would like to know if there are any upgrades available. 9 times out of 10 I score an immediate upgrade.
We'll just have to disagree. I believe it's not necessary. It seems rather aggressive to call. You are not the center of the universe - there are potentially hundreds of HH people who will try to call a particular hotel on a given day. If you feel you absolutely MUST call to be sure that your special upgrade is assured, perhaps call during those times where checkins and checkouts are less likely to be occupying the GSAs. Ever been made to wait at the checkin/checkout because a GSA is on the phone??? How did you feel? That could have been a Diamond member calling to check on their upgrade status... Perhaps I'm too laid back to worry about my upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.