Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Hilton San Diego Bayfront, asked about upgrade, told that they didn't do complimentary upgrades. Agent looked for a suite for a paid upgrade, but I was told that suites were fully booked. What's the use of a policy if a hotel doesn't follow it?
hugolover and DrLudwig like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
W Waterfront Hilton Huntington Beach, CA. I booked a 2 Q Oceanview room (paid reservation). Was upgraded to 2 Q Ocean Front room. I asked for an upgrade at the desk and was told they already upgraded me. The view was nothing short of spectacular!

Last edited by Dracarys; Mar 18, 2024 at 1:03 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dracarys
W Waterfront Hilton Huntington Beach, CA. I booked a 2 Q Oceanview room (paid reservation). Was upgraded to 2 Q Ocean Front room. I asked for an upgrade at the desk and was told they already upgraded me. The view was nothing short of spectacular!
What did you think of the hotel in general, I'll in HB in June, and when looking on Concur, this hotel is within our company travel policy...
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Hilton Hurghada Plaza

Booked King guest room, upgraded to King Blue Bay Suite with view on the day of arrival.

Lovely views from the terrace
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:26 am

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
What did you think of the hotel in general, I'll in HB in June, and when looking on Concur, this hotel is within our company travel policy...
I thought it was beautiful. It is literally right across the street from the beach. The Boardwalk Cafe is now named Cabo Wabo Beach Club by Sammy Hagar. It is within walking distance to shops and the Huntington Beach Pier. We had breakfast at Cabo and found the prices reasonable considering it was a resort. We had coffee on our balcony overlooking the PCH and beach. I would absolutely return in the future.

Last edited by Dracarys; Mar 25, 2024 at 6:27 am Reason: Details
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
London Hilton on Park Lane. Booked 5 nights in standard room on points, got upgrade to Regent Suite. Great suite with a great view. The only downside is the frosted glass door to the bathroom, ugh! But on this particular case it wasn't a huge problem.
Old Yesterday, 3:26 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Hilton Hurghada Plaza
Booked King Room, upgraded to Plaza Suite on the app one day before arrival. We got the one on the 7th floor. Plaza suites have outdoor whirlpool on the terrace

View from the terrace

Terrace with whirlpool
Old Yesterday, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Had two wonderful double upgrades last week. At Hilton Mainz and Hilton Frankfurt Airport.

And contrast that with upcoming stays in U.S. - I did get pre notification for an upgrade at a HGI - from King to King Deluxe.

But at a Hilton, via chat, was told they try to upgrade on day of arrival. We shall see.

I am a LTD.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.