Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Old Nov 13, 2023, 9:28 am

Hilton Sofia.
Booked 1 night on points (standard room reward)
Somehow it was upgraded to Executive a few weeks before check-in.
3 days before check-in, further auto upgraded to Park Executive Suite. Newly refurbished - very nice.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
HILTON NOTTINGHAM - king guest to presidential suite

DOUBLETREE BY HILTON OXFORD BELFRY - king guest room to junior suite
Old Nov 18, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: A plethora of Platinum
Hilton Frankfurt City Centre (1 night earlier in November)

Booked: King Executive
Received: Junior Suite
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Maison Astor, Paris: booked King Room, upgraded to beautiful Suite with Terrace, and they even acknowledged my Lifetime Diamond status just earned the prior week!

Waldorf-Astoria Trianon Palace, Versailles: booked King Room, upgraded to gorgeous & spacious “junior suite”

with a wonderful bathroom, probably the best room that I have ever received at this hotel

Last edited by sapguy; Nov 19, 2023 at 12:32 am
Old Nov 24, 2023, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hilton St. Louis Airport

Received an email indicating I was upgraded and was shocked it wasn’t just an upgrade offer email ŕ la Nor1. I went into the app and saw I was upgraded from a “King Room” to “King Room with Airport View”. 😳🤣
SPN Lifer, dlaue and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Hilton Reforma México City - Booked 2 nights the lowest standard double room for day of the dead parade. Received a suite with separate bedroom/living room and separate full size dining room and kitchen.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Waldorf Astoria Cairo booked base king room and upgraded to Deluxe 1 King bedroom suite.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:44 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
LXR Hotel 1000 Seattle, booked King Deluxe, received king deluxe with water view, didn't feel like much of an upgrade
Old Nov 28, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Doubletree Putrajaya - Base to "Family Deluxe" , which is a Suite with seperate living room. Strangely the only room with "Suite" at this hotel is the 2-Bedroom Suite

Hilton Petaling Jaya - Base to Suite, also separate living and bedroom

Hilton Kuala Lumpur - Base to Lifestyle Suite

Conrad Singapore - Base to Suite but only for the last night of a 3 night stay. Offered FOC as I had requested a NOR1 upgrade but the hotel were unable to charge for it citing being "full".

Noticed Suite upgrades are getting more common again in Malaysia, whereas the begining of the year the best I'd get is Executive Room
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Doubletree by Hilton Roma Monti, Booked on points King Superior, upgraded to King Junior Suite

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria hotel, booked a King Deluxe on Points, took the Estandby upgrade offer of 107 euros a night for a king Imperial, further upgraded to an alcove suite.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:21 am

Programs: AC,OZ Diamond
Late post for my Croatia trip last year:

DoubleTree Zagreb - upgraded from standard king to their king corner suite; gorgeous room (booked on points)
Hilton Rijeka Costabella - upgraded from standard king to the Costabella Suite w/ balcony and sea view; also a very nice room but not their nicest suite
Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik - booked using a combo of points and free night certificates (standard King); upgraded to their Deluxe Suite with Sea view - this was a very generous upgrade and actually may be the nicest view in the whole hotel; it is on the corner of the hotel and we could see both the Dubrovnik old town and the sea

More recently:
Conrad Las Vegas - booked a standard king room and was upgraded to the "strip view one bedroom suite" - it's a very nice suite but the strip view is lame from this location
farwest101 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Lake Como - booked a Standard King and was upgraded to a Loft Suite.
cfischer likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
THE FELLOWS HOTEL ( Curio Cambridge )

Booked the Kipling room ( entry level room ) and pre upgraded to the Attenborough suite a few days out , on the night before arrival upgraded to the fellows duplex apartment
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka
4-night stay: upgraded to king guest room high floor on the app 3 days before arrival, further upgrade to Junior Suite one day before arrival.

King bed

View
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
London Canary Wharf Hilton. Upgrade to Junior Suite 4-day out. Ultimately got the Executive Suite
wizla and Kerrirdh like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.