Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Upgrade at the drake

This was my first stay as a diamond. I booked a 1 king deluxe room. I was upgraded to a junior suite with a lake view. Admittedly the hotel was not full. I had managed to select a deluxe room with a lake view via olci. The front desk clerk acknowledged my Diamond status and announced the upgrade. I did not have to ask.

The executive lounge was closed. So we were given vouchers for free appetizer and soft drink or tea in the Coq D Or. Gf had shrimp appetizer and I Hana's buffalo wings. I added a cup of bookbinders soup and she added a salad.

We were also given vouchers for full breakfast. I don't know if this is a regular Diamond perk or because the lounge was closed.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: delta, hilton
Downtown Cleveland Hilton. Booked King Room, upgraded to King Suite.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 11:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Nice first floor junior suite upgrade at Munich City Center.

Last week I had a suite upgrade at Doubletree Crystal City.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite | IHG Platinum Elite | Radisson Gold
DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes

I've stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Milton Keynes a number of times over the last year as a Diamond member.

I've generally always got upgrades. On one night stays I've mostly been upgraded to their King Bed Suites (which are great btw). When staying longer than one night the upgrade has generally been to a King Deluxe Room with Pitch view.

Got some 360º shots of the King Bed Suites but don't know how to post them on here. If interested you can see them at www.treehousetravlr.com
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite | IHG Platinum Elite | Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by mrandmrsvoyage
Spent 1 night at the Hilton Tallinn Park, was given nice upgrade. Booked King Guest room from winter sale and received One Bedroom deluxe suite with sauna
Great upgrade. I'm staying there in March. Also booked a king guest room in the winter sale. Fingers crossed I get a similar upgrade
Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:22 pm

HGI Waikiki upgraded me to a nice corner suite last week.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Suite Success:
Conrad Macao (1 Stay w/ Points + Cash): Booked Deluxe King Room, got a 3-level upgrade to Premiere King Suite with about 1700 sq ft of space.
Attached Images   
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:39 pm

I have been diamond for several years now. In that time, I have gotten one upgrade and a Homewood suites in Oakland California.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:57 am

One suite upgrade or one upgrade at all?
In 3 years, about half as diamond and half as gold, I have been upgraded 85% of the time that there was a room to upgrade to. I have been upgraded to a suite 22% of the time, although never in the US. In contrast, as a platinum and diamond at Hyatt over the same time period, I have only been upgraded 30% of the time and never upgraded to a suite (although one stay was in a very large room that could have been called a junior suite, it was not listed on their website).
All of my stays that I have tracked have been on either points or free night certificates.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Recently stayed at the Waldorf Astoria New York. It was a two-night stay; the first night was paid, the second night was points. I had written ahead to say it's a special occasion (we were staying Valentine's day) and inquire about an upgrade and they said something noncommital about "we'll see what we can do." They weren't able to upgrade us for the first night at check-in, but mentioned they might be able to for the second night, and said I should call. I called around 1pm the next day, and they had a suite in the Towers available for us. They even sent a bellhop to help move all our stuff, gave us two extra drink coupons, and a flyer regarding the Continental Breakfast in the 26th floor lounge (which is free).

So, not sure if upgrade was due to me e-mailing ahead of time, or them having availability. Also, the Waldorf closes for a condo transformation in a couple of weeks so not sure how useful this info is.

For an extra data point, my Diamond status came from a status match.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Currently at Conrad Maldives on a 10-night points stay in high season. Upgraded from Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
DoubleTree by Hilton Resort and Spa Reserva del Higueron, Fuengirola, Spain.

Upgraded from Deluxe room to King Duplex Suite with Seaview.
One two-nights stay and one one-night stay.
Both cash reservations.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hilton Mexico City Reforma - I booked a King room with points and was upgraded to a Master Suite.
Massive room.
Unfortunately arrived to the hotel at 10pm and checked out at 7am
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: AMX CENT
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice

Booked two King Deluxe Rooms on cash+points (50 euro each) ended up with 2 bedroom King Tower Suite. Incredible upgrade - best one yet! If I remember correctly the room was >2000 euro per night
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Currently at Conrad Maldives on a 10-night points stay in high season. Upgraded from Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa
Huh? Really? How come you got so many points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.