Search

Hilton Pasadena {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2003, 2:39 pm
rjh
Original Poster

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Arrow Hilton Pasadena {US-CA}

One night weekend paid stay at Hilton Pasadena, California. Closest airport BUR-Burbank.

Checked in without incident and found "no smoking" room pretty smoky. Changed from "upgraded" balcony room overlooking busy Los Robles Blvd to standard room. The claim was that no additional upgraded rooms available.

Noisy air con. Bathroom clean, but frayed (fiberglas tub and surround). Comp continental breakfast, but I didn't use it. Self park $10/night, but not charged. No high speed Internet, but may be available on higher floors. No exec floors or lounge. S-l-o-w lifts. Small pool and fitness room. Staff ok.

A couple of blocks easy walk from the start of Old Pasadena.

No real Hilton alternatives in the immediate area since the Doubletree rebranded as a Westin. There's an Embassy Suites in Arcadia, about 6 miles East.
Rich
Old Aug 7, 2003, 6:38 pm

There's a Hilton in Glendale.

I believe it's betw. Pasadena and the Burbank Airport.
Old Aug 9, 2003, 10:57 am

Last summer the pool was FREEZING, but we enjoyed the close location to so many things (nice outdoor mall, Old Town Pasadena, Rose Bowl, Huntington Library and Museum).
Old Aug 10, 2003, 5:30 am

stayed at the glendale hilton, was great, self parking (fee - cant remember how much about $10 bucks or something), exec floor with a nice breakfast (continental), dont know about evening drinks. has a pool and gym but never checked them out. room was nice and spacious, with wireless internet. plenty of cable channels, standard hilton bathroom fare, etc. close to the glendale galleria and ralphs, 24 hour food (ie yoshinoya).
Old Apr 8, 2005, 6:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Hilton Pasadena, CA

Anyone stay at the Hilton Pasadena lately? How are the rooms, facilities, etc? Any upgrades for diamonds?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I stayed there a while back and it wasn't the greatest of hotels. If they've renovated then it might be good. It looked quite dated when I stayed there. The pool is on the side of the hotel and it's fairly small. The location is ok. The former DT, which is now a Westin I believe was really nice.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 3:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Hilton Pasadena, CA

Anyone stay at the Hilton Pasadena recently? Considering a stay here in October. The web site says it was recently renovated. Looking for any information / feedback on this hotel.

Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 7:09 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Stayed last Thursday. First stay at this property. Excellent elite recognition although only Gold: suite upgrade, although did ask if any upgrade available. Found that the lobby area and some of the nearby public rooms are being renovated and some guest rooms are too. Super nice hotel staff, excellent breakfast buffet. Would definitely return and found it superior to the nearby Pasadena Sheraton.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
I haven't stayed there in a while (last September, I think). Although I'm a Hilton loyalist, I found the Westin down the street to be a lot nicer and about the same price (at least with my corporate rate). The Hilton was a bit tired and did not have high speed Internet in all the rooms. I would suggest specifically requesting a room with Internet access, if that's important to you.

Perhaps it's nicer since the renovation -- I'll give it a try next time I'm in Pasadena.
Old Jun 11, 2005, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
How recent is "recent?" Within the past month or two?

You asked the same questions on another thread started just a couple of months ago:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419809

Anyhow, my most recent stay was over the Christmas holiday 2004 and it was fine. I was a Diamond at the time. Got an HHonors floor room and breakfast. Pasadena is a great place to stay, but has relativey few hotels of this caliber. IIRC, the Westin, Sheraton, and Courtyard by Marriott are the only others in the same general vicinity. (I book whatever I can get at a reasonable rate. If the rates in Pasadena aren't reasonable, I stay in Arcadia or Monrovia instead. @:-) )
Old Jun 11, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 2P; AAGold;HHonors Diamond
I've never stayed in Pasadena, but I've hit the ES and Hampton in Arcadia. They practically share the same parking lot, so if you're there for a couple days, it's a good opportunity to switch hotels to pad your stays for the year to keep status.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:39 pm

Location: Only Delta Silver I'm trying to stay at home more :) Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Hilton Pasadena, CA - Any new Reviews?

I'm staying at this Hilton soon and have booked a Superior Suite. I was hoping some one could give a recent stay review on this hotel. This is kind of a special occasion and I'm looking for something nice. Is this hotel better/nicer after the renovation I heard about? Is there an Executive lounge? Will I get the normal Diamond benefits? Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:37 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
I don't think there is an Exec Lounge. I've only had a regular room there and they are crap. Hotel rooms is aged. Noisy hallways. Your suite may be a better experience for you. I now opt for the Burbank Airport Hilton.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:32 pm

I stayed at the Pasadena Hilton for a football game...I was NOT impressed with the renovations that they had recently done....I DID stay at the Hilton Universal City early in the week and was impress...They upgrade me to a suite on the 23rd floor overlooking the Hollywood Hills and LA...The Universal City property is older but they maintain it well...Good luck!!
Old May 19, 2007, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I just completed a two night stay at the Pasadena Hilton and have no issues. Rooms were fine, a decent amount of cardio equipment (but folks were there at 9pm and I still had to wait ), staff was nice enough. Parking in the garage is a bit of a pain as it's back behind the building or you can valet. Location for my purposes was excellent.

The only bad thing was they didn't seem to know more than Starbucks for breakfast suggestions outside the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.